[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /sci/, I'm making a little [spoiler]videogame[/spoiler]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: neutrino-mix-e.jpg (32KB, 450x250px) Image search: [Google]
neutrino-mix-e.jpg
32KB, 450x250px
Hello /sci/,

I'm making a little [spoiler]videogame[/spoiler] and I was wondering if anyone could help me by telling me the smallest particle that makes up another particle (that makes up another, etc. etc.)

Tell me if i'm incorrect about how this should work:

A player vibrates a string. Once the wave's amplitude is large enough the string becomes a quark, which is then turned into a proton. I can figure out the rest from there, but am I incorrect? Is there something that makes up a quark (leptons)? Should the string instead become a lepton?

This is where online articles lose me.

High schoolers [spoiler](75% of /sci/)[/spoiler] need not apply
>>
>>7767157
oh would you look at that, spoilers don't work on this board

Forgive my autism, friends.
>>
File: SM1.png (532KB, 5285x3570px) Image search: [Google]
SM1.png
532KB, 5285x3570px
The particles in the picture are the ones that are elementary.

However your understanding of how they arise in a String Theoretic description is way oversimplified.
>>
>>7767175
Of course, I don't claim to know anything at all about string theory. But it will work for the purposes of my game, as long as the basis is relatively correct; which i assume by the way your post is worded, it is.
>>
>>7767181
It's okay on this board most people will jump at every opportunity to look smart (anonymously) by shitting on other people even when that doesn't even make sense to do
cool game idea
>>
>>7767181
It's not. That's not how the standard model arises from String Theory
>>
>>7767195
^This

To incorporate the standard model into string theory you need a way to add in non-abelian gauge symmetries. For instance one way involves adding in N coincident D-Branes which adds a U(N) symmetry. Another involves compactifying the spacetime on a torus which leads to non-abelian phenomena appearing for particles corresponding to singular points in the respective moduli space. And so on...

And even with these methods we still don't know how to fully develop a string theoretic version of the standard model.

Without any of this stuff the only particles in the string spectrum will be things like gravitons, dilatons, radions, gravitinos, dilatinos, etc.
i.e. A bunch of theoretical particles that are not a part of the SM.
>>
>>7767223
he's making a videogame
>>
>>7767157
Not a particle physicist, but where's the gameplay here? This sounds more like interactive art to me
>inb4 not gonna say cuz I don't want muh special snowflake idea to be stolen
>>
>>7767286
i actually dont have a gameplay idea yet, just a plot that i really liked

Any idea on how the player (which will play as a quark) should combine with other quarks in order to form a proton? He will then play as the proton he formed and combine with other particles to form an atom

I am thinking 2D and perhaps you have to hit another particle with the correct orientation in order to become "glued" to it
>>
>>7767327
No one is realizing that you speak English and not our gibbeldy-goop, so I'll help you out.

Yes in the simplified version of string theory, you are correct. The frequency of a string corresponds to it's particle. To add a wee bit more of scientific soundness to your game your gonna want to make the strings circles, and not like linear strings but like loops with "lobes".

Next your going to want to look up "the color force". I would explain it to you, but its really fucking hard to put into words, and I'm certain that every /sci user within 50 miles would hang me for treason for it.

Good luck on the game, cheers!
>>
File: madmemestopmeme2.jpg (56KB, 960x815px) Image search: [Google]
madmemestopmeme2.jpg
56KB, 960x815px
>>7767157
>high schoolers need not apply
Implying your not a high schooler.
[/spoiler]Judging by your thread you are [/spoiler]
>>
>>7767272
and not a very accurate onw
>>
>>7767623
Given the current state of string theory simulation, any kind of accuracy would be a massive breakthrough!
>>
>>7767638
Any game that isn't a breakthrough in some way is shit anyway
>>
File: 1451874243894.png (85KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1451874243894.png
85KB, 251x251px
>>7767347
>>Tries to insult someone
>>Fails at spoiler
>>Fails at English
>>Hurrr hurrr jokes on u i wuz only trolling lolololol
>>
>>7767327
Check out agar.io, it sounds close to what you're trying to make and its very successful. Don't worry too much about coming up with an original idea, it's almost impossible. Just steal something that works and put an interesting angle on it, for you it sounds like that angle could be a teaching element in particle physics. Good luck gamedev friend.
>>
>>7767709
>>Fails at spoiler
I dont have that pic about jokes and over people head, but if i had it, id post it
>>
>>7767157
>nobody points out the biggest mistake of OP

/sci/ never fails to dissappoint.
>becomes a quark, which is then turned into a proton

it takes three quarks to make an elementary particle, OP.
>>
>>7767832
yes, sorry, i just worded that badly.

>>7767347
well meme'd, undergrad!
>>
Game sounds boring. Make something fun. Like have it give you a scattering amplitude and you have to construct the proper feynman diagram for it in a certain amount of time.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.