[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if you saw only a picture of the moon, how could you tell where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (2MB, 2580x2452px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2580x2452px
if you saw only a picture of the moon, how could you tell where the sun was when the picture was taken? Thanks for the help
>>
I can't even tell if this is bait.
>>
excellent question, anon.
>>
>>7766665
RIP
>>
Use image analysis software to map the luminance levels which should result in a point of highest luminance. This point is perpindicular to the path towards the sun.
>>
>>7767049
false, gravity bends light so it would not be perpendicular, it would be on a curved path from the sun to the moon.
>>
>>7767433
Gravity isn't causing light to bend, rather the light is travelling on a straight path through curved space, and so it appears to bend.

Fucking schoolchildren.
>>
>>7767433
>he uses special relativity to calculate how long it'll take him to ride his bicycle to Starbucks
>>
>>7767437
You don't?
>>
>>7767439
Nah. I calculate the state of the universe from initial conditions and find the points where the distance between me and starbucks is equal to 0
>>
>>7767443
Utter gibberish.
>>
>>7766665
if you look carefully, there are shadows on the bottom side of the pic
>>
>>7767443
Techno-babble only works on star trek.
>>
>>7767455
>>7767448
There's nothing about that sentence that doesn't make sense except that for the sake of a joke I assumed the universe is deterministic and I'm able to know the initial conditions
>>
File: 5bf.jpg (16KB, 480x318px) Image search: [Google]
5bf.jpg
16KB, 480x318px
>>7767482
The fact that you made that joke, the fact that it makes no sense, the fact that you had to explain it, and the fact that your explanation doesn't explain your joke, sums you up very well.
>>
Only first figured out one or two years ago that the shadow on the moon isn't the earth's but caused by the moon itself.
It was stupid and amazing.
>>
>>7767488

I'm a different anon, and I'm not seeing what the problem is. It's not a very funny joke but it is pretty straightforward...
>>
>>7767611
It makes more sense when you consider what it's a response to.
Not like most of the pseudointellectual loser aspies on this board are capable of understanding context
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.