[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I produce NaCN with the reactants: charcoal cyanuric acid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

How do I produce NaCN with the reactants:
charcoal
cyanuric acid
sodium bicarbonate

all are in fine powder. And how many parts of each, and how hot?
>>
>>7765488
OP here, I just made sodium carbonate by heating sodium bicarbonate. Now the reactants are

charcoal
cyanuric acid
sodium carbonate

How do I synthesize NaCN from these?
>>
>>7765499
Lol youre better off making HCN from Potassium Ferrocyanite and Phosphoric Acid. Then treat the HCN with NaOH and you get NaCN and H2O.

3K4[Fe(CN)6] + 6H3PO4 -> 18HCN + 4K3PO4 + Fe3(PO4)2
HCN + NaOH -> NaCN + H2O
>>
>>7765516
Will this be effective to get CN in powder form? You're suggesting:

-mix ferrocyanide and phosphoric acid, burn them (I assume at 300 Celsius for 20 minutes or so) to create HCN

-Then "treat" the HCN with NaOH and you get NaCN and H2O.

Is that correct? Your instructions are vague but I think It's simple and I appreciate it. I just don't know what "treat" means to you (burn them or just mix them?) since I'm not experienced in chemistry.

How long do I burn them for a chemical reaction?

And does it matter how exact the measurements are in milligrams?
>>
>>7765516
I also realized HCN is gaseous, I don't know how to handle that so It's dangerous. I just want it in powder or liquid form.
>>
what do you want cyanide for
>>
>>7765751
To die my man
>>
If
cyanuric acid + sodium carbonate = sodium cyanate

Then sodium cyanate + charcoal = NaCN

Correct?
>>
>>7765744
HCl is also gaseous in its pure form, but it's also soluble in water. Just remember that the hotter the solution gets, the less likely a gas is to be found dissolved in it. Keep it cool.
>>
>>7765757
why
>>
>>7766131
Well I can't do it anymore. I've become a scientist against my will, and I have to earn money and stuff, I'm forced to feel things and desire sex, I wake up and I think "wow all this stuff happens just cause I stopped sleeping"... I also cling to beliefs, I want there to be something when i die but also i'm okay if my brain dies and that's that. but I'll take hell for a few years if it means I can go to heaven.

Basically, I think life is bad for me, If I fail to make cyanide poison then I'll do any painful method. I know this sounds edgy but I find it hard to explain myself, I don't function in the world as well as others and psychologists always suspected I was autistic

>>7766126
Thanks for this valuable info, I really appreciate it and will keep the Bunsen burner on "blue" but not "roaring blue" flame level.

However, I found a different way - I bought some Sodium Cyanate and apparently mixing that with charcoal and burning it will create NaCN so that will be 1 less step I could mess up.

Also GREAT is that charcoal is not very toxic, so if I mess up and don't chemically alter all the charcoal/cyanate into cyanide, i'll still be killed by cyanide and maybe just minor burns from swallowing charcoal - it'll last like 10-60 seconds only.
>>
>>7766327
Isn't cyanide a painful death? Just buy a gun
>>
>>7766424
idk but it's quick. under a minute, so pain isn't very demotivating. and i think you go unconscious soon so you feel nothing. the best suicide is a properly placed gun or barbiturates though.
>>
File: 1451778697711.jpg (34KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
1451778697711.jpg
34KB, 460x460px
>>7766327
>I've become a scientist against my will
What, did someone hold a gun to your head and say, "YOU WILL DO SCIENCE, OR ELSE!"?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.