[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hypothetically and theoretically what would happen if the United

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

File: moon.jpg (41KB, 512x368px) Image search: [Google]
moon.jpg
41KB, 512x368px
Hypothetically and theoretically what would happen if the United States blew up the moon? Nothing?

Also would it be bad or dangerous to test nuclear weapons on the surface of the moon?
>>
>>7759807
>Hypothetically and theoretically what would happen if the United States blew up the moon?

Everyone would die.

>Also would it be bad or dangerous to test nuclear weapons on the surface of the moon?

It would be dangerous to get them there to test them. Rockets blow up a lot. But no, a nuclear explosion on the moon would not hurt anyone.
>>
>>7759832
>Everyone would die.
How?
>>
>>7759853

In a hail of giant meteors that turns the entire Earth's surface to lava.
>>
>>7759862
Wouldn't it only impact one portion of the Earth, and what if the moon could be clean sweeped so no remnants were left, how would it affect life?
>>
>>7759865
No tides
>>
>>7759870
Would that be bad?
>>
>>7759865
>Wouldn't it only impact one portion of the Earth

Wouldn't matter. It would shatter the whole crust no matter where it landed.
>>
>>7759865
i can't see a way removing tides, moonlight and other natural phenomenons not seriously impacting life on earth
>>
>>7759886
This desu senpai
>>
>>7759871
Maybe for the sea life, because there would less water and food transportation, and it may also regulate some winds, but for the most I don't think it will be catastrophic.
There were some studies which concluded that moon's tides (which billions of years ago were a lot stronger) probably helped the formation of the first living cells.
The moon is also important in the long run because it stabilizes the earth's rotation around its axis, without it the seasons would be more extreme.
>>
>>7759807
>Hypothetically and theoretically what would happen if the United States blew up the moon?

Why all the moon hate? Did the moon fuck your mom? Seriously.
>>
No tides, which may have effects for life on Earth.
>>
>>7759807
Russia would blow up mars to 1up America.
>>
>>7759807
I've often wondered why do we never fuck with space just to see what would happen, you know like the U.S. and china start dumping our garbage on the moon and see what happens or blasting our garbage into space to see what happens. Or what would happen if we released viruses all over the surface of mars.
>>
File: ds57-1.jpg (14KB, 249x303px) Image search: [Google]
ds57-1.jpg
14KB, 249x303px
The Kantekkians blew up their own planet in rage.
Now all the refugees are here on Earth
planning a repeat performance.
Observers expect flop.
>>
>>7759890
Tidal zones are some of the most productive in the ocean. You fuck them up, you fuck up a lot more than just sea life.
>>
>>7760213
Can you elaborate?
>>
File: barrett-brown.jpg (135KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
barrett-brown.jpg
135KB, 630x420px
The earth would start to wobble wildly on it's axis causing extreme temperatures and insanely unstable and strong weather patterns to occur. Probably fatal for the majority of species on earth.
>>
What do you mean by 'blow up the moon'?
>>
Off the top of my head:
-Lack of waves, which impacts sea life and therefore our lives since all ecosystems are connected
-Lack of waves would probably prove to make sea travel easier, but there wouldn't be migration of biomaterials since erosion wouldn't really be a thing
-Assuming you pulverize the moon, we'd get a fine powder in space but that's unlikely. We'd get a bunch of moon chunks hurling at us and some of them might form a ring around the earth. Then we'd have to worry about random asteroid storms and our satellites would probably get ruined.
-Satellites in general would probably fuck up since I'm sure they have to take into account the moon's gravitational pull when sending them out.
-Earth's rotation and/or orbit would probably spaz the fuck out since the moon has a gravitational effect on the earth
-Very little light at night and no more romantic dates, so we're all more likely to die virgins
>>
>>7760886
I lied, motorized sea travel would be easier. Those with sails would not since the waves could no longer affect the wind and vice versa.
>>
You can't do it. Not with the energies humans have at their disposal. You can do the calculation of what energies are required to carry the moon bit by bit into earth's potential, and it's not possible.
>>
>>7760213
This tells me absolutely nothing
>>
>>7760156
Viruses need living cells to replicate, so they wouldn't last too long there. As far as dumping on the moon, nothing we do to the moon effects earth unless we outright destroy it or rock it off its orbit.
>>
>>7760918
Didn't they discover million year old viruses on the surface of the sun?
>>
>>7760895
Ecosystems: you kill a few species, then another ones runs out of food, and before you know it you started a chain reaction.
>>
>>7761773
>Didn't they discover million year old viruses on the surface of the sun?

Are you asking if it is possible for molecules to exist on the surface of the sun?

no.
>>
>>7762524
Isn't the sun made up of molecules?
>>
>>7762529
The sun is made up of propane and propane accessories.
>>
>>7759913
afraid commies have or will utilize moon as strategic military post

also the very notion of dark side makes moon untrustworthy
>>
>>7761773
Thanks anon, funniest thing ive seen all day
>>
>>7759853
The sea would stagnate and the speed of the earth's rotation would drop.
>>
>>7762547
Aren't propane molecules, aren't all things including space and time made up of molecules?
>>
The Moon keeps the Earth from wobbling violently as it spins.
>>
>>7759865
>Wouldn't it only impact one portion of the Earth,

The asteroid that killed the dinosaurs only impacted a single point in what is now South America.

The moon debris would be rather larger, and more spread out.

If you just magically disappeared the Moon, not much would happen, aside from fucking over tidal zone life and nocturnal animals depending on moonlight.
>>
>>7760886
>Satellites in general would probably fuck up since I'm sure they have to take into account the moon's gravitational pull when sending them out.

Yes, but mostly as an inconvenient disturbance which must be corrected for by bringing up extra fuel and firing it when the satellite drifts out of orbit.

You remove lunar gravity, Earth satellites simply don't have to fire their rockets as often.
>>
>>7762890
No. Propane is made of propane. It's a monatomic gas.

Space is made of molecules, but time is technically a plasma.
>>
Climate change like you wouldn't believe. Climate is largely based on ocean currents. We wouldn't be able to adapt quickly enough. Lots of people will die, but some should be okay.
>>
>>7760156
This is an 18+ board, anon. Come back in about five years
>>
You know, assuming we survive the asteroid shower, it would be pretty damn dank to live on a ring planet.
Pretty damn dank indeed my good chaps.
>>
>>7762857
>the moon wouldnt just reform back into a new moon

also the tides are not the only thing driving ocean currents, not by a long shot. The main source of convection is thermal, you know, the giant ball of plasma in the sky? Yeah. It mixes the oceans.
>>
>>7763334
Doesn't the sun have more power over the oceans then the moon?

Also satan might have some influence on the tides, we people in the Mormon community are forbidden from swimming on mission trips because we believe Satan has dominion over water.
>>
>>7763499
>Doesn't the sun have more power over the oceans then the moon?

Ambiguous question. If you mean tides then no. But "making it liquid instead of solid" is "power" too, I reckon.
>>
>>7759865

Are you suggesting that it would be possible to blow up the moon and have all the debris go in only one direction?
>>
>>7759807

It would melt because it's made of cheese. Do you want to cover cities in melted cheese, anon?
>>
>>7760886
>-Very little light at night and no more romantic dates, so we're all more likely to die virgins

That's actually not a joke. Getting rid of the moon would fuck with the reproductive cycles of a lot of animals.
>>
>actually thinking blowing up the moon does anything besides negatively impact the human race as well as all other species

KEK
>>
>>7763968
Wouldn't it be possible if 100 hydrogen bombs were launched at the moon all at once?
>>
>>7764496
No. Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

10,000 hydrogen bombs wouldn't be enough to shatter or 'destroy' the moon, let alone 100. Get the fuck off of /sci/ until you learn to read a book
>>
>>7762913
But time is a man made conception
>>
>>7759853
Earth's axis would destabilise, leading to chaotic climates.
>>
>>7764722
Time is a social construct.
>>
>>7759807
Detonating nuclear weapons on the moon could send a good portion lunar dust around, essentially increasing the "atmospheric" height of it's exosphere.
>>
>>7759862
>what is Roche limit
>>
>>7764776
Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on 4chan by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is 4chan. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . .that is if you can handle it...
>>
>>7764496

100 hydrogen bombs wouldn't do much even if you dug wells in the moon to get some depth. If you did that, and depending on the depth, you might get some ejecta that would be able to escape the moon, but that's about it.

Bombs detonating on or above the surface would be completely useless. All they would do is spread around the dust at the surface and maybe blow some of that dust into space.
>>
>>7764560
Well then say we launched one million Atomic Bombs at the moon....
>>
>>7764936
what would happen then
>>
File: 1244 - 8YJuKc1.jpg (11KB, 526x526px) Image search: [Google]
1244 - 8YJuKc1.jpg
11KB, 526x526px
>>7764560
>book
>/sci/
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>7764777
>being this much of a faggot
>still getting trips
this board is going to shit.
>>
File: trinitite.jpg (80KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
trinitite.jpg
80KB, 800x600px
>>7764936

If they are all at the same time, each one that detonates will probably destroy a number of others that are just about to detonate.

So you would have to stagger them.

Think a bit about how explosives work. They set up blast waves in the air. As yourself what those blast waves would do in the moon's atmosphere.

You would get a strong heat wave blast, though. it might turn much of the top inch or two into a lunar version of Trinitite.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.