[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

people can have their head cut off and still be alive for a minute

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1443158487096.jpg (90KB, 385x500px) Image search: [Google]
1443158487096.jpg
90KB, 385x500px
people can have their head cut off and still be alive for a minute
and people can live with less than half their brain
and jfk was "alive" like for 15 minutes after being shot in the head

so like
what part of the brain is the true center?

IE
if you shoot yourself in the head and it hits this area you'll be dead completely and utterly instantly

I mean also this area you technically be "you"
because we consider the brain to be the person
and you can take a ton away from it while still referring it as such
>>
>>7756679
No, we consider the consciousness to be "you". Alive =/= conscious.
>>
>>7756690
yeah well what is the absolute minimal pieces of the brain for consciousness

even deluded consciousness
>>
>>7756679
This is interesting to me. When you say JFK wans't determined to be dead until 15 minutes later, is there anything known about his conscious state during that time. Because if you watch the video of his assassination, his head was pretty fucked. I can't imagine being conscious after that.
>>
>>7756679
The brainstem.

Sever the brainstem and you have instant death.
>>
>>7756679
>because we consider the brain to be the person

I consider my whole body myself, not just my brain.
>>
>>7757123
But then the while head still functioning thing. That seems inconsistent.
>>
I like that /sci/ mostly considers itself above philosophy, but most threads amount to retarded, uninformed versions of philosophical questions.
>>
>>7756679
There is no "you" section in the brain. The whole thing is you. Your consciousness isn't the result of some small nugget of brain matter, but rather it arises from the complicated interactions between all neurons inside your brain, simultaneously. Damaging the brain simply changes you (especially in the case of a gunshot wound), albeit quite dramatically.

You are completely destroyed when the brain matter does not communicate meaningfully if at all, as a result of decay, shock, or what have you.
>>
Alive doesn't mean conscious.
>>
>>7756679
Here's learning that your cells are experiencing themselves individually, and your organs are the result. Your organs are attached to brain parts individually, and they're experiencing each other. Generally, you are the result.

You have to get the understanding of what "human" psychology is and why it's so different from "animal" psychology. Complex thoughts and feelings are made from referencing yourself as another person, and building conversations in your own head. Technically it is a bunch of "little people" that can only do specific jobs, and need each other to continue doing them.

How about, each living thing is just "alive" as each other, but it is only as "functional" as it is able to be with the body parts it has. Pay attention to what you experience within the first couple seconds of waking up in the morning. That's a good way to know what it feels like to be conscious with parts of your brain still deactivated. That is the same as what it would feel like to have them completely removed.

That, and I think hindu medicine says the "center" is in the heart, around the adrenaline glands. The brain is just a big logical processor and data organizer. The "you" is just a tape recorder watching all this data be processed.
>>
Semantic cross over. Semantic cross over everywhere.

Define your terms you gaseous faggits.
>>
File: fnsys-04-00160-g001.jpg (611KB, 1654x1184px) Image search: [Google]
fnsys-04-00160-g001.jpg
611KB, 1654x1184px
>>7757743
>>
total frontal cortext destruction along side the entire corpus collosum.
>>
>>7757126
then hypothetically if you could get your brain/consciousness transplanted into another body would you think youre another person?
>>
>>7757172
Yes because your assumptions are inconsistent.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.