[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the quickest way to learn the fundamentals of chemistry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1445792789848.jpg (2MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
1445792789848.jpg
2MB, 3648x2736px
What is the quickest way to learn the fundamentals of chemistry and biology?

I want to be well rounded in the basics of fields other than physics&math, but don't really want to read the typical ~1000 page introductory textbooks on the subjects.
>>
>>7755277
Well, chemistry is applied physics, so if you know physics and math you should be able to figure out chemistry. From there you can derive biochemistry, and then biology.
>>
Sorry OP, you won't get around reading that introductory textbook. There are more and less extensive ones, just one get one for college minors.

>>7755282
>deriving an entire field takes less time than reading a textbook
>>
>>7755286
Well, OP specifically mentioned that he didn't want to read the textbook.
>>
>>7755291
>Well, OP specifically mentioned that he didn't want to read the textbook.
The typical ~1000 page introductory textbooks. I would be fine with something around 400 pages.
>>
>>7755298
>1000, 400
>not just arbitrary natural numbers

they literally just differ by one prime factor
>>
>>7755277
Take 4th-5th grade science? You are supposed to learn the fundamentals before you reach high school.

4chan is an 18+ only website.
>>
File: Benzoin_condensation2.png (10KB, 970x412px) Image search: [Google]
Benzoin_condensation2.png
10KB, 970x412px
>>7755302
Not that basic. I took AP chem back in high school. It just bothers me that I don't know how to read something like pic.
>>
>>7755303
That's organic chemistry.
AP chem should be on par with Gen Chem.
>>
>>7755298
Biology for Dummies and Chemistry for Dummies. That'll give you the basics.
>>
File: Chemistry2.jpg (89KB, 300x369px) Image search: [Google]
Chemistry2.jpg
89KB, 300x369px
>>7755277
>Wants to learn the fundamentals
>Doesn't want to read the introductory textbooks designed SPECIFICALLY to teach the fundamentals

WTF am I reading?

Here, OP, the pic is my recommendation to you.
>>
>>7755380
I just don't have time to read 1000 page textbooks.
>>
>>7755277
>but don't really want to read the typical ~1000 page introductory textbooks

Suck it up

http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki/Biology_Textbook_Recommendations
http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki/Chemistry_Textbook_Recommendations
>>
guys what is AP chemistry or general chemistry in university? I had a really weird high school chem class that taught somewhat basic organic chem (a few mechanisms) and then most normal physical chemistry i think..
>>
>>7755580
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_chemistry

Some high school chem / gen chem classes have a preview of organic in them.
>>
>>7755387
>I'm a special snowflake that's smarter than everyone

Read the books or fail. I don't care what you decide to do
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.