[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /sci/, I have a question for you. Considering there are nearly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (41KB, 1003x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 1003x1000px
Hey /sci/, I have a question for you. Considering there are nearly 7 billion humans on earth who shit once or twice every day, where do all the turds go? When you think about it the numbers seems insurmountable. How come we aren't swimming in human feces? Please explain
>>
File: 1442735319774.png (408KB, 1264x1364px) Image search: [Google]
1442735319774.png
408KB, 1264x1364px
>>7755252
it goes to indian beaches
>>
>>7755252
Oddly, it all goes to the landfill. Sewage processing plants filter and purify the water for reuse, while shipping off all the solid waste
>>
The world isn't as small as you think
>>
>>7755259
Approximately two trillion five hundred fifty-five billion turds a year all fit in landfills? I find that hard to believe
>>
>>7755262
I found it hard to believe how big of a cockslut you are before you made this thread
>>
>>7755252
every cities multiple districts have a waste and water treatment plant that burns the turds.
>>
>>7755252
it gets repackaged
>>
>>7755262
They're organic matter. All that is broken down every year by chemicals and bacteria.
>>
Apparently the average daily production is 128g, and 75% of that is water that gets filtered out, so 32g x 7bil is 2.24 billion kg. Say it has roughly the density of water and pile it a metre high, you cover only 2.24 square km a day, for the entire world. If it takes a year for that to break down or be distributed as fertiliser, you only need about five square km per large country for shit storage. A large warehouse is comparable.

Someone check my math though.
>>
>>7755262
Big numbers don't always result in big things. The entire human population can fit inside the grand canyon
>>
>>7755262
>not knowing that turds end up in manure which plants use to grow
>>
>>7755341
So should we just truck off turds to Colorado and dump them in the Grand Canyon?
>>
Let's just make biogas methane out of it. Then we will have both biogas methane and high nitrogen fertilizer.

http://www.afdc.energy.gov/fuels/natural_gas_renewable.html

Biogas can be produced during the digestion of solids removed in the wastewater treatment process. According to EPA estimates, this biogas potential (PDF) is about 1 cubic foot of digester gas per 100 gallons of wastewater. Energy generated at U.S. wastewater treatment plants (WWTPs) could potentially meet 12% of the national electricity demand, according to the National Association of Clean Water Agencies (PDF).

There are more than 16,000 WWTPs in the United States, and about 1,500 employ anaerobic digestion to produce biogas that is used on site. The Janesville Wastewater Treatment Plant in Wisconsin is an example of a plant that uses biogas to produce RNG for use in vehicles.
>>
>>7755352
>Colorado
>grand canyon
>>
>>7755352
Nah, America's full of enough shit already. The point I was making is that you could probably fit all the turds humans make in one year into the grand canyon, which is relatively small compared to Earth's total land area.
>>
>>7755252
God makes it disappear.
>>
Poo in the loo Rajeet.
>>
File: 213213.png (1MB, 848x712px) Image search: [Google]
213213.png
1MB, 848x712px
>>7755352
Are you going to catapult it from Colorado to Arizona or something?
>>
>>7755964
Oh my sides !
>>
File: 1425306780543.jpg (75KB, 1024x526px) Image search: [Google]
1425306780543.jpg
75KB, 1024x526px
>>7755252
>How come we aren't swimming in human feces?
Have you tried swimming in the Indian Ocean?
>>
>>7756025
Kekked hard.
>>
>>7755964
Just dump it in the Colorado river and let nature wash it there.
>>
>>7756025
>PPM
poos per million?
>>
>>7756025
>pmel
>tsunami
nice one though
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.