[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a recommended way to read this while skipping all the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (37KB, 658x1000px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
37KB, 658x1000px
Is there a recommended way to read this while skipping all the dumb filler? I think his main thesis is interesting but I want to get at the actual substance of the argument without sifting through a bunch of fucking proto-reddit memes.
>>
I can't answer your question, but I am curious. What is his main thesis?
>>
>>7754665
>sifting through a bunch of fucking proto-reddit memes.
You people just hate fun.
>>
>>7754665
I'm also wondering this. I started reading this a few years back but eventually got fed up with all the dumb storybook shit between each and every chapter so I put it down and never looked back.
>>
Read 'I Am a Strange Loop' if you only care about his main point. I love GEB because of the synergy of various fields and the ultimate in uniting all the preceding content.
>>
>>7754953
What is that book, exactly?
>>
>>7754969
There are both paperback and hardcover editions, whichever you prefer. I'm sure there are e-books, too, like for Kindle and such.
>>
>>7754665
I read all of book 1, book 2 I started but couldn't get into since I have a CS degree although I bet it would have gotten better if I continued. It's just an exhausting book desu.

You can skip all the dialogue in the beginning to significantly shorten the book.
>>
>>7754665
It was a fun read. Sometimes boring, but all in all fun. Would recommend, better than shitposting on 4chink desu.
>>
>>7754665
Bump, I'd like to know aswell
>>
http://ocw.mit.edu/high-school/humanities-and-social-sciences/godel-escher-bach/readings/

A selection of readings from the book and lectures by MIT OpenCourseware. The readings contain the most important passages, while skipping the filler.
>>
>>7754665
That's the secret, anon. There's no substance to the argument.
>>
>>7754948
So........ just skip the story book shit between each chapter?????
>>
>>7754665
>Proto-reddit memes
I fucking hate you mate
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.