/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, this is the first time I'm on /sci/ and I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1365192240195.png (598KB, 633x754px) Image search: [Google]
1365192240195.png
598KB, 633x754px
Hey, this is the first time I'm on /sci/ and I don't know where else I should ask so I'll try here.

Is there theoretically speaking any way for us people to spot being a flesh robot host controlled by our parasitic mind? What I mean is, why are we not able to control our own body better? A lot of people already suffer from those primitive emotions like anger, sadness, depression and from what I've read, one can learn to overcome those things but what about the other things we have no saying in? Why can't we disable the feeling of hunger, even if it would be dangerous? Why are we not able to release adrenaline on command? Why can't we concentrate on our muscles to grow, why can't we tell our beard to grow faster, why are we not able to tell our body to release more HGH to grow as tall as we wish? Why are we just slaves in this flash robot and have everything inside of us enslave us to act how they want it? Is this what it's like to be "free"? Bullshit
>>
because all of those functions are controlled by parts of our brain/nervous system that we have no conscious control over
>>
>>7753203
back to /x/ with you
>>
>>7753237

This is no /x/ shit, it's just based on how we work.

>>7753223

Obviously, but why do we have no conscious control over it? I don't want to get into the question of "free will" but just the fact that it seems like our own body thinks we're to retarded to handle ourselves properly so we have to get someone to get our body to change it's opinion.

>Lol, you can't really run that well. Oh shit, a wild dog is chasing after you, alright we'll activate Super-sprint-mode.
>You get your ass beat and feel strong physical pain, should we release some shit to make him feel less pain? Nah let's wait a little longer till he's really had enough.
>Some girl fucked with your heart? You really wish you could just go into a stoic "no fucks given" mode. WELL TOO BAD AHAHAHAHAHA
>You are rational enough to realize that you can't undo something stupid you did in the past? Indeed, but we won't allow your logic to take over - Yo! Sadness, Anger! Get over here and whopp this guys ass!
>>
>>7753252
>>7753252
Hi OP
you're retarded
I hope you don't break the internet with your stupidity
>>
>>7753260

Hi /b/, friendly as always :)
>>
>>7753252
it's all instincts that have evolved because it leads to us having more offspring successfully and shiet

e.g. girl fucks with u so u get mad and rape her, or you feel bad so your brain now associates ur mistakes with pain, blah

and physical pain is to stop your shit from getting fucked up senpai

fuck dude it's all just evolution bruhv chill
>>
ITT: confused underage dweeb wants to be able to grow his first pube
>>
>>7753265

I guess that's all I can really expect here but thanks.

>>7753267

Why are you so butthurt? I have a beard and I'm probably taller than you as well, buddy. Is it really so bad to just ask a question that no one seems to talk about?
>>
File: 1440268797750.png (591KB, 905x917px) Image search: [Google]
1440268797750.png
591KB, 905x917px
>>7753203

>Is there theoretically speaking any way for us people to spot being a flesh robot host controlled by our parasitic mind?

Start smoking, proceed smoking for years, try to quit smoking.

>What I mean is, why are we not able to control our own body better?

Because that`s retarded. Can you imagine if you had to control your lungs in order to breathe? And how far would you go anyway? You might as well want to control cell division then. For each cell in your body. Are you implying that you would be better at these things than your body`s automated mechanism? If your body would be dependent on your thought... you wouldn`t last very long m8.

>Why are we just slaves in this flash robot and have everything inside of us enslave us to act how they want it?

...or you can just use reason and logic to guide your thinking. That`s like following some sort of objective truth.
/facepalm
>>
>>7753270
The question is beyond retarded, it deserves ridicule. You really think our neurons should have control over our fucking HGH levels? That's not how any of this shit works.
>>
I think that OP points out very clearly that our aware self is not in direct control but observes and understands everything out subconscious un-registering self does.

In the same way the awareness and the unconscious might listen to DNA entirely.. and it might be permutations that listen to DNA ultimately... and organisms as a whole experiences consciousness, life and such but information DNA is the big boss.. and it's always its structure.

And that structure dictated that you should only stay aware of your thing and let the body automatize.. you cannot alter dna as dna itself is not conscious but rather just mechanical stuff.

If you don't accept that then only soul might explain something for you but that's letting go of progress... or maybe that's the truth can't tell yet.. if consciousness is immaterial - materialism is just a random thing in this particular universe.
>>
>>7753304
>>7753400

Thanks, you've made it clear enough for me.

>>7753310

I guess you made the mistake of assuming that I'm some /sci/-tier intelligent guy which I humbly admit I'm not. It wasn't based on whether it's neurons controlling HGH or anything else, just more on someone's "will" itself, just saying that we should be able to change our body as it fits by commanding what goes on or maybe use will power for force.
>>
>>7753203

The simple answer to your question is evolution.

The guy who doesn't regret his errors and who goes stoic in the face of heartbreak is okay with defeat.

The other guy gets hamburgers and pussy.

You weren't meant to be free. You work for your body. Your consciousness is a byproduct of your function.
>>
>>7753203

You speak of concepts such as 'we' and 'us', as if it is something separate from the biological manifestation of our consciousness.

And I also think that you under-appreciate the mechanisms that underlie rational thought.
>>
>>7753603
not OP but is there any real evidence "we" aren't separate from our biological manifestations?
>>
>>7753603
we as in our consciousness
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.