[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/techno logy-science/science/her

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1352079777789.jpg (75KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1352079777789.jpg
75KB, 400x400px
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/science/heres-might-just-possible-escape-7092807
what do you fa/sci/sts think of this?
>>
File: 2000px-Yin_yang.svg.png (58KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Yin_yang.svg.png
58KB, 2000x2000px
>it stays the same
>>
>>7753024
In general a given volume of water at room temperature will increase in volume by about 9% when frozen. And in general about 7% of an ice cube sticks out of the water. So the water level will fall a bit i think.
>>
Do we assume that this ice is frozen water?
>>
>replying to the picture
>not the article
>>
>>7753044
Don't ask a fucking question in the picture then
>>
>>7753059
Wasn't me
>>
>Caltech researchers demonstrated that a form of quantum 'sleight of hand' could be used to retrieve information on a particle's spin from a black hole.
>To explain their theory, the researchers used a fictional couple called Alice and Bob.
>In their research, Alice signifies the source while Bob signifies the destination, where Alice is able to pass on the quantum state of a particle, such as its direction of spin, to Bob.
>If Alice measures the state of an entangled electron and finds it spinning one way, Bob's electron would spin in the other direction.
>The experts then use the following scenario: Alice is sitting on the edge of a black hole when she comes across a pair of entangled photons.
>One of the photons falls into the black hole while the other escapes as Hawking radiation.
>This Hawking radiation - the photon which has escaped oblivion - is then captured by Alice.
>But instead of measuring this captured photon, Alice measures the angular momentum of the black hole, in particular its spin and axis.
>With this information, Alice can drop one of her own electrons into the black hole and the qubit of information, its spin, is transferred to the captured, escaping photon - the Hawking radiation.
>This is theoretically possible as the Hawking photon and the black hole are entangled.
>>
File: fat mother.jpg (32KB, 355x342px) Image search: [Google]
fat mother.jpg
32KB, 355x342px
original paper
http://arxiv.org/pdf/1507.03592v3.pdf
>>
>>7753070
that joke makes no fucking sense
>>
>>7753431

shut up
>>
>>7753032
>floating
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.