[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oi /sci/. Why the hell is a black hole so mysterious? Isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (3KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
3KB, 300x168px
Oi /sci/. Why the hell is a black hole so mysterious? Isn't it composed of 3D matter that piled up so densely that it even sucks in light. I know that gravity is still mysterious. But is it only mysterious because people don't see what's inside?
>>
>>7752606
I don't think its really "Mysterious" yeah, you can't see inside it because light can't escape. What seems odd to me is this:

Lets say a star with a mass 100x the sun collapses into a black hole. It still has that same amount of mass, any planets orbiting that star should still orbit it normally, yet light can't escape? How could the light escape when the star was still a star? I might be missing something or not taking into account something
>>
>>7752659
The radius of the star was too big
>>
>>7752659
Since all that mass is concentrated into a singularity, rather than spread out over the size of a ball with a radius 92 times that of our sun.

The gravity gradient becomes so steep that the spacetime curvature becomes infinite.
>>
>>7752606
>mystery
Black holes are "mysterious" because the traditional methods of data collection aren't particularly helpful in the observation of them. That, and they can really stretch the classical laws of physics, so it's difficult to create a crisp theoretical model of them.

That's pretty much it.
>>
>>7752659
Did everybody else from /pol/ decide to take a field trip to /sci/ today?
>>
>>7752696
Everyone saw this was the smartest board and moved.
>>
>>7752696
There was a /pol/ thread that posited the average IQ of a few boards. /sci/ was the highest with 120, so many of the insecure will wander here to help themselves feel better about themselves, or just see what the fuss was about.
>>
>>7752606
The gravity in the Center of the Blackhole is immeasurable and we don't know if gravity can actually break the Continuum of Spacetime.
>>
>>7752696
HAHA exactly this

>>7752700
>>7752702
>>
It watches you/
>>
>>7752606
Ask yourself this question:

What gives matter volume to begin with?

Your answer should be something like:
>The forces between objects reaching an equilibrium distance.

Black holes are the opposite of that, gravity overpowers the rest of the forces.
>>
So, if a black hole of a same mass of another black hole, orbiting each other at an equilibrium distance, the results are the same, yes?
>>
>>7752751
is this from space engine?
>>
>>7752769
I'm sorry what are you asking
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.