[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where were you when science officially became a reddit meme.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: ninjashark.png (297KB, 835x767px) Image search: [Google]
ninjashark.png
297KB, 835x767px
Where were you when science officially became a reddit meme.

https://archive.is/uWIw7
>>
>ninja
>glowing

Leave it to biologists to be shit at jokes.
>>
File: 554.jpg (23KB, 463x311px) Image search: [Google]
554.jpg
23KB, 463x311px
It's 2015, grandpa This is how we quirky redditor millennials do things in 2015. Don't like it? Too bad.

Also, I just fucking love science.
>>
>>7742847
A REAL HUMAN BEAN
>>
>>7742832
I think because of the Martian people at NASA refer to Watt Hours per Sol as Pirate Ninjas
>>
File: 1450244583604.jpg (43KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1450244583604.jpg
43KB, 600x600px
>>7742832
It's so redditors who have never read an actual science paper can read the headline of a short summary of a paper/discovery and pretend they understand/enjoy science

How do you think the "I fucking love science page" is so popular?
>>
>>7742832
I was at university studying real science.
>>
>>7742932

Absolutely the most cringeworthy part of the Martian
>>
>naming things after things in your culture is a reddit meme

please stop
>>
>>7743052
Well if you're stuck on mars for a number of months you have to come up with ways to entertain yourself
>>
I don't like the name but what is the alternative? another latin name?

[spoiler]fucking obviously[/spoiler]
>>
>>7743062
I like the latin names. Common people seem to refer to them as masturbatory elitism but fuck them, this is real biology you faggots.
>>
>>7743331
>implying the opinions of common people matter
>>
>>7743343
OP seems to support the argument that they do
>>
>>7743062
>Etmopterus Shinobii
>>
If I ever get go name something, I'll name it after mai waifu and watch the carnage unfold
>>
>>774283
I read that as:
>Where were you when science officially became reddit
Imagine - people will be able to make up their own classifications for their work whenever they like, and impose their own rules on the direction of that topic.
Prizes and awards will go to the people with the most upvotes, and challenging another person can end catastrophically for you. That is, unless of course you're a well liked public figure, in which case it will destroy the person you're criticising, regardless of the actual arguments put forth.
The most respected scientists will become the ones who have been around the longest and toe the line, spitting out an endless torrent of uncontroversial papers to boost their "karma".

It doesn't really sound that different, does it?
>>
>>7743059
>calling reddit maymays culture
>>
Science always gave quirky names to things, like sandwich compounds and AC/DC ligands.
>>
>>7742832
Do you even have any idea how many people ended up in NASA because of Star Trek?
>>
>>7743052
>Absolutely the most cringeworthy part of the Martian
I remember that cringey shit being mentioned as something that happens in the book. I never read the whole book and kinda zoned out during the movie. Did they do it in the movie as well?
>>
>>7743502
>I'll name it after mai waifu and watch the carnage unfold
Didn't this almost happen with one of the planets we discovered in our Solar system? Not the big 8/9 but one of the lesser dwarf planets was almost named Xena after the warrior princess if I recall correctly.
>>
>>7742832
How the hell do you expect me to remember what I was doing that long ago?
>>
>>7742832
It's a rapidly accelerating retardation of self respect and societal values which lead to discissions such as this.

>we are a parody of the cultural values we embrace.
>>
>>7744907
>This
>>
http://www.research.ibm.com/articles/nanomedicine.shtml#fbid=DeDSHz18Ola

How about some Ninja Polymers, OP?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.