[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone ever catch a person talking about physics/math and call

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1450782364256.jpg (55KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450782364256.jpg
55KB, 480x720px
Anyone ever catch a person talking about physics/math and call em out cause they dont know what they talkin bout?pic related
>>
>>7737872
I don't "call em out" because usually the person talking shit is unimportant while professionals know to not talk about shit they don't understand.

Usually people who know who I am will always ask my opinion instead of just talking about though, for example if someone in the room is talking shit, any person that knows me would turn to me asking "is she/he/that right" I will gently correct them.

Under any other circumstances I ignore them because whether I correct them or not is really inconsequential and I don't an ego boost.
>>
only if they ask me if it's correct or use it to underline a political standpoint.

I don't care about the rest tho, any1 needs to make and discover his own mistakes sometimes, myself included.

because sometimes you know you were wrong the moment you finished your sentence but between knowing for yourself and admitting to others there's a big gap and I respect that.
>>
I just spout blatantly wrong sciency things just to impress people who don't know better just to improve my social standing. I know there's not many people who will know better.

I don't feel guilty in the slightest
>>
>>7737879
>tips fedora
>>
>>7737897
That term has lost all it's meaning.
>>
>>7737892
Yeah I do this all the time.
Once I spread around that if you put your index finger and pinky up a girl's Fallopian tubes it's "scientifically impossible for her to sneeze" at a party and everybody believed it.
>>
>>7737899
Yeah the first guy was literally doing the exact opposite of tipping.
>>
>>7737872
Happens all the time here on /sci/
>>
>>7737918
/thread
can't believe it took so long for someone to say it
>>
>>7737902
Thats frickin brilliant !
>>
>>7737872

Yeah, CS majors constantly fuck up facts in their own field.
>>
>>7737879
>Under any other circumstances I ignore them because whether I correct them or not is really inconsequential and I don't an ego boost.
I do the same.

I used to correct the most outrageous mistakes but in the end it simply was not worth it. It was on a technical board and I thought 15+ years of actual expereince in the field would have had some relevance but the in crowd would not accept anything, least of all documented facts.

These days I just make a note at the back of my mind as to who those clowns are and quietly make sure they never get a job where I work.
>>
>>7737902
This is the best bit about having a reputation as a "sciencey person". One time I convinced my whole year at school that there was a disease causing brains to grow small vaginas on them, like a vaginal coral reef in your skull.
>>
>call them out
no that's not productive. i challenge their beliefs subtly over time if i have a chance, but it's not a priority.
>>
>>7737892
oh i do this too it's great fun
>>
>>7737872
I usually wait for someone to start talking about it. Not because I'm some asshole who wants to feel superior but I'm horrible at chit-chat or general gossip. It's basically the only thing I can talk about.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.