[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it scientifically possible to construct a lightsaber? Lasers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

Is it scientifically possible to construct a lightsaber? Lasers are real right? So just have to find a way to control its length....electromagnetics, gravity, strong nuclear force maybe?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-xHso660tA

You make something similar, video related.
>>
Maybe if you could project a magnetic field in a bar-shape you could contain some plasma with it.
>>
File: index.jpg (76KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
76KB, 620x349px
>>7735799
>>
>>7735799
>Is it scientifically possible to construct a lightsaber?

Depends on your definition of a "lightsaber," I guess. Does a blowtorch count? Lightsabers in the SW universe aren't described except with nonsense technobabble.
>>
Why control the legnth? Just hook up a CO2 laser to a battery backpack and enjoy unlimited cutting fun. Your Jedi opponent will be shitting themselves while you ignore their shitty sword and scorch their face off.
>>
I would create it around a monowire of sorts, emitting an aura of "energy".
>>
>>7735799
>Is it scientifically possible to construct a lightsaber?

No.

>Lasers are real right?

Right.

>So just have to find a way to control its length....electromagnetics, gravity, strong nuclear force maybe?

No.
>>
I'm no scientist, but I heard the main problem is shaping plasma to a controlled length.
>>
why the fuck do you want to limit your weapon's range you fucking cuck?

Here's two cases:

1. You get a laser. You point it at your enemy. Your enemy dies.

2. You take a glow stick and use it as a sword.
You enemy shoots you in your fucking face, but you live long enough to see him fuck your wife and daughter to death.

Star wars is a stupid normie meme. Go fuck fuck yourself and your stupid pop-sci concepts that corrupt the minds of people with a false understanding of physics and practicality.
>>
Why do light Sabres collide with each other?
>>
>>7736107
This.
Even when I was enchanted with this as a kid, this part made even less sense to me than force lightning.
>>
>>7736085
We need some dank crystals.
>>
>>7736107

because fiction. sword fighting would be stupid to watch if the swords went through each other.
>>
>>7736300
>even less sense to me than force lightning.
It's fucking magic, what more explanation do you really need?
>>
Force lightning actually makes the most sense. Certainly more than lightsabers and force choking.
>>
>>7736323

thorium crystals?
>>
>>7735799
Lightsabers are plasma, not light
>>
Nezahasitelné cigarety
>>
>>7736421
They all make equal sense. They're psychic powers. Psychic powers controlling particles. Making lightning, crushing things, holding plasma in a shaped force field.

What doesn't makes sense is why they need the light part or why they deflect things with it. They could just deflect things with their mind and use light whips or something.

>>7735799
Just make a really hot rod of something as a sword. It'll have the same effect, glowing and all.
>>
>>7736070
Try not to go too in depth please
>>
Yes it possible but the requirement is pretty Ridiculous.Unlike Vacuum Tube.You need to find a way to trap photons.And you have to find the right particles interact with photons (Its Like Neutron Trapping Electron).
>>
>>7735799
maybe
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.