[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WTF is this GRE? Why are anglos need thousands of formal words

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1418713464955.jpg (58KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1418713464955.jpg
58KB, 900x900px
WTF is this GRE?
Why are anglos need thousands of formal words to communicate? How am I supposed to memorize all of them?
Why is it a requirement for engineering schools? How is this gonna help me become a good engineer?
>>
>>7731417
An engineer is only as good as his communication skills, senpai
>>
>>7731420
This.

>>7731417
>waaah how is being able to talk going to help me, waaah

Fuck off retard. The GRE was literally designed to filter retards like you to keep you from shitting up our grad-schools.
>>
>>7731417
If you can't speak English you need to leave school and this website.
>>
>>7731428
>implying english is important
>>
>>7731417
Eternal anglos win again.
>>
>>7731452
fuck off to your third world shithole then
>>
>>7731417
just apply to a low tier school thats what I did. I did shit on the gre but still got accepted
>>
In his defense the English portion is full of bullshit archaic words that only autists will ever understand
>>
>complaining about the general test
Take the physics or math subject test then you have my permission to whine, engineer.
>>
>>7731452
POO
IN
LOO
>>
Is the GRE challenging?
>>
>>7732094
Fuck no. The subject GREs might be somewhat difficult, but the general GRE is even easier than the SAT/ACT.
>>
>>7731452
>implying english is the unique language in first world.
>>
>>7732094
>>7732228
Whether or not it's easy is subjective. There are some questions that are difficult to do quickly, which is what matters.

The fact of the matter is that you're competing directly with everyone else who takes it that year, so even if it is easy, it's easy for everyone, and if it's hard, it's hard for everyone. That's how percentiles work.
>>
>>7732657
I'm pretty sure GRE is more to make sure you aren't retarded (like OP) than to serve as a competitive grade. Very few departments will care what you scored on a GRE, the grad-schools you get into is about who you know and what previous research experience you have (more importantly if it's related to the department's research).

It's why I find it so hilarious that all these third worlders are working their ass off on grades to apply to MIT for the brand name, when they don't have chance in hell of getting in since most research groups at MIT like every other university pick their grad-students based on what researchers they need, which comes down to students from universities they collaborate with or are otherwise familiar with.

You should be applying to schools in your network if you actually want to get in to grad-school, not random shit high on THE's list.
>>
>>7731417
Shit

>slams head into floor
>tries to hold back inner pol
>cant

Fuck off and build wall, degenerate
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.