[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, /sci/, is free will just an illusion? Are all of our decisions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: xiane-fantasy-creature.jpg (159KB, 800x1066px) Image search: [Google]
xiane-fantasy-creature.jpg
159KB, 800x1066px
So, /sci/, is free will just an illusion? Are all of our decisions just the result of some un-casual particles interactions?
>>
>>7731337
This is a board for science and math discussion. This topic has nothing to do with science, and promotes the worst kind of pop-philosophy and fedora that we get in /sci/. Please stop.
>>
>>7731337
Can you prove free will ?
>>
>>7731337
Can you prove anything?
>>
>>7731361
Actually, no. That's why i'm asking this question.
>>
>>7731367
Can you prove that I didn't fuck your mom yesterday?
>>
u cannot kmow nuffin
>>
>>7731337
Free will is just an illusion, because even though everything probably is random at quantum-level, everything seems to follow chaos-theory on the macro-scale.
Now please do not ever ask this question in here ever again, because the answer has now been absolutely fulfilled and desu this question doesn't belong in this board.
>>
>>7731337
>>>/his/
>>>/lit/
>>
>>7731337
>is it an illusion
Yes, in the sense that literally everything you experience is an "illusion" in that it doesn't reflect the actual physical nature, lossiness, and limitations of the brain and sensory systems perceiving, interpreting, and remembering it.

This doesn't mean it isn't real or meaningful. The fact that you have only ever perceived the illusion of a world doesn't mean there isn't an actual real world that it closely maps to, and nor do the illusions of self and will mean that "self" and "will" aren't real, meaningful concepts.
>>
>>7731450
Free will is not a meaningful concept though.
>>
Is illusion a helpful notion if it's all we experience?
>>
>>7731370
Standard answer to a loaded question is 'mu'.
>>
>>7731724
Have you stopped beating your wife?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.