[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I know for certain if I am intelligent or not? I thought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8

File: 45443820.jpg (88KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
45443820.jpg
88KB, 400x400px
How can I know for certain if I am intelligent or not? I thought I was smart in high school but I just got a D in first year chemistry. Does this mean I'm unintelligent?
>>
Yes.

Uni let's you know there are thousands of individuals around you who are smarter, more disciplines and better looking who still won't be successful, because there are tens of thousands even better than them in the state, hundreds of thousands better than them in the country, millions better than them in the world.

You are slime.
Dumb, ugly slime.
>>
>>7730893
Not necessarily. Hell, most people I know fuck up at least one class as a freshman. A lot of people are good at hiding the fact and it may seem like you're the only one who's not getting it, but trust me, MOST if not all get a slap in the face as freshmen. Personally I got a D in programming 101 and I felt like an idiot because, like you, I had always been good in high school

But, just this last semester I had calc 4, object-oriented programming, fluid mechanics and thermophysics and I aced all 4.

I know how you feel bro, I (and most people) have been there. I'd say it's just a matter of settling into this new situation you're in. I would argue that your freshman year is not necessarily indicative of your long term success. That's not to say though that you should relax and that things will sort themselves out; you have to keep working hard and figure out how to work smart.

Oh and for whatever it's worth, I have an IQ of 139 (just short of 140, god fucking damnit the shit eats me alive, not really) and I still got a D in *basic* programming.

Don't beat yourself up bro, just keep on trucking.
>>
>>7730896
This basically.

>>7730893
Unless you went to a private high-school you are pretty much expected to be top of your class academically unless you are an utter retard.

Everyone in my ChemE freshman class was either top of their class or came from a top 20 high-school and only 60% of those people graduated. That's graduated, the average time to graduate was 5 years.
>>
>>7730901
>Only took 4 classes last semester and somehow expected anything less than an A.

You pretty much are an idiot though.
>>
>>7730917
idk what to tell you man, I'm in the undisputed best university in my country and this is how they set up their physics degree. If you have a problem with that I think you should send them an email informing them that you know better and that they're generating idiots, despite the fact that they've also generated nobel prize winners.
>>
>>7730927
>in my country
So, not the US I take it?
>>
>>7730938
No, Norway. Have you heard of it? It's in Europe. Have you heard of Europe? It is a continent that is not America. It is a place *outside* of America. Does that make sense?
>>
>>7730938
>So, not the US I take it?
typical amerilard logic
>>
>>7730945
vi kan inte förvänta oss mycket från amerikaner
>>
>>7730948
Well, I was right (again).
>>
>>7730951
Du har nok rett, svenskebror
Hvorfor må amerikanere være så jævla dumme...
>>
>>7730958
you were only right in that american slobs are the only ones who assume everybody else is american unless stated otherwise

cannot blame you though, since you don't have the cerebral capacity to learn more languages
>>
>>7730945
I don't understand.
>>
>>7731034
>is posting on an American imageboard dominated by Americans and in the main language Americans speak
>HOW DARE YOU ASSUME I'M AMERICAN
>>
>>7731160
>the werrld is murrcan, fuck yea, berrgerrz eaglez gunz

I tire of you, little man
>>
File: 1441820431067.png (74KB, 171x278px) Image search: [Google]
1441820431067.png
74KB, 171x278px
>>7730945

>Norway
>good universities

Please excuse me while I order up a massage for my neck because I think I pulled something from laughing so hard. US fag speaking.
>>
>>7731309
That's fine, I'm just gonna keep wiping my ass with all the money I'm saving on tuition (If I can even call it tuition, it's $50 per semester lmao). Enjoy your crippling $120k debt and lousy $50k starting salary as a graduate engineer you fucking moron
>>
>>7731323
>$50 per semester
So you are getting your money's worth. That's good, anything more would be overpaying given the quality of your education.
>>
If you consistently get the highest grade in your class, then you almost certainly are intelligent.

If you try your hardest and can never get an A, then you almost certainly are not intelligent.
>>
Norway don't be so elitarian we all know you have super high taxes and a welfare state and that you like to kill dozens of whales for gun, we git it ok

sincerely, a Dutchman
>>
>>7730893
Once you start making research and you publish more and better papers than your colleagues in similar fields, then your intelligent.

Now, if you're here at 4chan, you're probably average at best.
>>
>>7731160
>>HOW DARE YOU ASSUME I'M AMERICAN
Nobody wants to be american, except american and because they don't have a choice.
>>
>>7730896
But do schools let you know? If I dun goofed at school do I have a second chance at uni to redeem myself
>>
>>7731643
If your low iq you just have to work harder to get a, simple as that. Anyone can get A's
>>
The faster you get over yourself, the happier you'll be.
>>
>>7731679
I never said everyone who gets an A is intelligent.
>>
File: 1426187693474.jpg (7KB, 235x220px) Image search: [Google]
1426187693474.jpg
7KB, 235x220px
>>7731673
No.
The more times you try, the more money you owe goy, hheheheheh.
>>
>>7731270
I guess success breeds jealousy :^) let me know when eurocucks stop getting raped by the brown hoard
>>
File: 1450545194483.png (55KB, 171x278px) Image search: [Google]
1450545194483.png
55KB, 171x278px
>>7731309
I could not help but notice your png was not optimized anon.
I have optimized your png.
Your png is now optimized.
>>
File: ORly.png (98KB, 284x265px) Image search: [Google]
ORly.png
98KB, 284x265px
>>7730893
School has absolutely nothing to do with intelligence.

School tells you how good you are at serving others, doing given tasks. It's basically like drilling a dog to get the stick.

IQ tests tell you how concentrated you are at a given time. You can take the same test a hundred times within a month and get varying results every single time.

If you want an actual measurement of your intelligence, you should first realize that any form of single value trying to measure your intelligence as an all-encompassing merit can not give you a proper reflection of your potential.
You can be a genius at certain mathematical disciplines and still be a social retard and horrible at other mathematical branches.

Aiming to be "smart" is as frivolous as trying to find a needle in a haystack.

The most important part for becoming good at anything is having the right circumstances given. Good parents will not only caress you but also teach you the hard discipline necessary to be able to learn what you want to learn. If you haven't had the fortune of such parents, then it's a tougher route for you where you must bite yourself through learning by yourself/with friends/fellow students.

What most people fail at is not the smarts necessary to get where they want. They are always missing either:
- goals/ambitions/motivation
- proper discipline/training
- proper social/family environment

A big mistake a lot of people make is that they are unhappy with their given situation, and they try to solve their problems by using motivators to achieve happiness in their lives.
This mistake is based on the misconception that happiness and unhappiness are direct opposites.
But a motivator does not work if you are unhappy, it only has effect if you are not happy.
And being unhappy and being not happy is not the same thing.
unhappy<->not unhappy | not happy <-> happy
>>
Means you're a shit student
If that's related to stupidity is beyond me
>>
>>7733265
That just reads like an academic failure trying to justify his own unintelligence.
>>
>>7733276
Yeah I know, spouting unscientifical nonsense like everyone else in this thread does is much closer to the truth.

The world really is just that simple, isn't it?
Just like you are.
>>
>>7733286
What is remotely scientific about your personal untested, unproved, biased opinion you knobgobbler?
>>
>>7730945
bork bork bork, vork?
>>
>>7730893

How in the fuck do you get a D in what's essentially a high school class? Did you just not try?
>>
More likely just lazy, than unintelligent. Fuckin' study more. Make yourself a rigid study and homework schedule for your classes and material, make sure you know that shit, and always follow the schedule no matter what.
>>
> How can I know for certain if I am intelligent or not?

It's easy. If you even wonder about that shit, then you're not intelligent. And if you just assume you're intelligent, then you're not intelligent either. And if you assume you're dumb, well let's face it, you're most likely not intelligent.

You're dumb, OP. But don't worry, we all are.
>>
>>7730893
You're a lazy piece of shit or literally retarded. Either way you should feel bad. I didn't even show up to a single lecture for gen chem and I'm likely to receive an A- in the worst case. Basic high school review shit son git gud.
>>
grades don't mean anything and this thread is full of morons
>>
>>7733276
>un intelligence
>>
>>7730893
Culture shock. I suffered the same and then realized my high school was just full of normies interested more in sports than anything else. So I seemed smarter only by unfair comparison.
>>
File: mfwtrump.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
mfwtrump.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>7733351
>>
>>7733367
>grades don't mean anything
Lol @ this brainlet who failed his exams.
>>
>>7733265
>School has absolutely nothing to do with intelligence.
What a hilarious brainlet excuse. How can you be so delusional?
>>
File: mfwHA.jpg (14KB, 240x251px) Image search: [Google]
mfwHA.jpg
14KB, 240x251px
>>7733276
>>7733539

>>7733265

/thread

brain dead brainlet /sci/ kiddies BTFO
>>
>>7730896
Try tens of thousands. There are thousands better than OP in the US.
>>
>>7731309
Norway univerisities have better professors. The days where the US had the best universities are gone. Only a few are good in the US. Europe is starting offer much superior universities than in the US. Canada does the same. America is becoming a third world country. You guys are becoming less technologically advanced. Finland is more advanced the US and so is the Japanese. Israeli is also more advanced the US. Germany is ahead of you guys.
>But muh military powa.
Your military is shit and its decayed. Russia is more advanced than what the US thought. China is making a mockery of your security apparatus by stealing tech and buying off key people in the intelligence sector and Law enforcement. Enjoy becoming the new Russia.
>>
Chemistry in college is going to suck. It is nothing like hs chemistry. It with make you feel stupid. Youll get through it. You have to study a lot.
>>
>>7733673
fuck off you low IQ ape I'll have you know I am an engineering student and spend countless hours solving equations you will never understand, I have the drive and intelligence a mindless goon like yourself cannot fathom. So what if I don't have social skills? Do I know social skills to do multi variable calculus? Do you even know what that is? Sorry I'm using such big words here it must be very confusing to a jobber like yourself. Ones GPA is a great correlation of their actual intelligence so you can fuck off back to your liberal arts degree while I continue studying for my physics exam.
>>
>>7730893
E X P O S E D
X
P
O
S
E
D
>>
File: 1422848953424.jpg (64KB, 518x692px) Image search: [Google]
1422848953424.jpg
64KB, 518x692px
>>7733687
>spouting off opinions without any evidence to back up your claims

Yo nigga Old World is shieeet ;)
>>
The minimum IQ you need to be a genius is 125

The rest is talent, motivation, creativity, etc.
>>
>>7730893
Probably yes probably no, maybe youre still too young or i don't know what, to realize that there are more important things in life to worry about than getting A’s or D's or having an IQ of 14390879883998900
>>
>>7730914

>Everyone in my ChemE freshman class was either top of their class or came from a top 20 high-school and only 60% of those people graduated. That's graduated, the average time to graduate was 5 years

why does this make people depressed? All these people have a good degree from a good school thus a good chance of getting a good job, is it really all about how you stand relative to others at all times?
>>
>>7734403

126 reporting in, glad to hear there's still hope
>>
>>7733667
School is more about practice and following instructions than intelligence. That being said intelligent people will pick up underlying concepts etc and generally have a more reasoned approach
>>
>>7730896
NOW THIS IS MOTHERFUCKING INSPIRATION RIGHT MOTHERFUCKING HERE. This shits got to be a wallpaper desu.
>>
>>7730893
Did you fuck up or did you try your best? It the answer is the first then don't be discouraged. It sucks but you can get over it. I made a 2.5 my first semester of undergrad and kicked myself into gear and finished with a 3.7. You can recover if you are serious about this. Also, a lot of people do bad in chem I(though that is still no excuse). I tutored and was a TA for gen chem and I was shocked at the grades. A lot of students who are even biochem and chem majors make B- and Cs in gen chem. But sometimes, they click in their upper levels and make A's in their first semesters of organic and analytical chemistry. It's weird but it happens sometimes.
>>
>>7734512
If you're in stem this simply isn't true unless you're professors are shit. There is a certain amount of aptitude you need to get an eng/phys/math/chem degree at most decent universities.
>>
>>7730893
Are you trying to learn daily? Then you're already smarter than half the population.
>>
>>7731309
I'm American, but there probably are better universities there now. The only thing US universities have is networking from when smart people went there.

Now we have kids in Yale protesting to have professors with a gazillion awards and honorary degrees resign for protecting free speech. We also have some Duke girl carrying around a mattress because she accused a guy of rape and he didn't get convicted because she had no proof whatsoever. There are a ton of other situations I'm forgetting.
>>
>>7730893
Yes
>>
>>7734664
Ofcourse uni is diff cuz the material is generally more advanced, especially in maths/physics
>>
>>7734482
>is it really all about how you stand relative to others at all times?
Of course, that's why we're all so happy.
>>
>>7731673
Wait until you're a little older, uni is much easier after feeling desperate and jobless for a while.
>>
>>7734652

How do I kick myself into gear? My grades have been pretty bad in the courses that matter, mostly because my exam grades are fucking shit. I have As in every course that is based on handing work in because its really easy for me to just get shit done, be it a science lab report or an essay for a liberal arts class. But when it comes to studying I just don't know what to do. I think I have a pretty bad memory but I'm not able to compare with anyone. But not to get sidetracked, basically what I mean is I suck dicks at studying. When it comes to doing work, its easy. Finish work > I can play vidya or watch tv or whatever. But studying just seems like it has no end or beginning and I end up not studying at all. Also some times it feels like the more I studied the worse I do.

What do? At this point I probably have to retake some classes because of how bad I screwed up the exams.
>>
>>7730893
Study you dumb fuck.
>>
>>7734720
Those are just the loud very small minority.
>>
>>7730893

Did most other people find the class easy? Then, yeah, probably. Find a different profession.
>>
>>7736401
Not sure what to tell you. I'm somewhat similar to you. I really suck at studying, but I am good at applying knowledge and figuring stuff out. I barely pulled C's in my into bio courses(fucking pathetic I know) but from gen chem through organic, analytical and even some of my calc/phys courses I made A's because you have to know less than for the average course. You just need an understanding, not raw memorization of facts. If you are similar you just need to find practice problems. I find reading boring and hard to do, but I can work extra problems because it is stimulating to me. If that doesn't help your grade improve, you may want to consider a non stem.
>>
>>7730893
reminder: even autists can be musical geniuses
>>
>>7733265
riddiculous anon trying to get philosophical and shit
>>
>>7730914
Not to call you a dumbfuck lier, but I got shitty grades in public highschool cuz it was boring as fuck. I had fun and jerked off in my free time. When I got to college and was challenged I got low As and high Bs in chem,orgo, calc.... graduated 124/186 in HS....
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.