[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /sci/ recommend brainhacks that can make me study? I can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: 498840535[1].jpg (5KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
498840535[1].jpg
5KB, 300x225px
Does /sci/ recommend brainhacks that can make me study?

I can never study, and if I do I can't keep on studying for more than a moment, so I've been considering taking modafinil.
>>
get off 4chan
>>
>>7729038

Close your laptop, open a book, don't look away for 5 minutes

There, you've entered study mode
>>
>>7729044
It literally doesn't work
I once smashed my router, phone and laptop and still couldn't study
It was possible to pass without studying all the way through highschool, but Uni is too big to bite, desu.
>>
Caffeine
>>
>>7729072
Doesn't work anymore
>>
Not being able to concentrate is quite literally a sign that you're retarded. From what I've read ITT I doubt any pill will help you other than cyanide.
>>
>>7729061
Maybe you have autism :^)
>>
>>7729073
Alcohol
>>
>>7729075
Why would autism stop me from studying?
Also, anon, I'm really in a tough spot here. Can you please be more serious?
>>
>>7729083
You're not going to find many serious people on a site well-known for breeding trolls but I'll try. Seriously though, symptoms of autism include: can't concentrate or stop playing with random shit, similarly to ADHD or ADD or whatever the fuck they call it. At first I thought you were just a procrastinator who didn't know self-control but if breaking your devices and removing yourself from the internet won't make you study then I guess medication is your only option.
>>
>>7729104
Is Modafinil effective? I can't see a doctor because I'm from a third world shithole and my life will be ruined if I go to the crazy house for crazy people.
>>
>>7729109
Not a clue, the only medication I take is painkillers when my mouth hurts after going to the dentist (like is does right now). Are you just from a third world country or currently living in a third world country? You wouldn't get thrown in a crazy house simply for having a mental illness and being from a third world country. Simple attention disorders aren't enough to get put in a crazy house. Things that put other people in danger like psychotic behavior will get you thrown in the mental hospitals.
>>
>>7729115
I am and live in a third world country, and my problem is if the fact that I go to the mental hospital to treat adhd people will assume I'm crazy. I have the same issue with depression.

Just visiting that place bares a lot of stigma.

Thanks for trying to help, anon.
>>
>>7729074

Not really. Plenty of smart people with attention deficits. OP probably has some anxiety issues linked to fear of failing his studies.
>>
Vodka always helps me study
>>
>>7729074
Actually, I've come first in my year at the end of secondary school and fourth in high school, without ever studying except for halfheartedly the day before exams.
I don't think I'm stupid, but in university there's just too much content that I have to absorb and I can't sit down for it. All the studying I do is attending lectures and that alone isn't always enough since the tests sometimes cover stuff not explained during the lectures.
>>7729133
>OP probably has some anxiety issues linked to fear of failing his studies.
That only started to happen the night before the exam because I realize I'm not going to do well, but other than that I'm too chill about exams if anything.
People I know would be panicking weeks before the finals and studying all day and I'd be shitposting. Even when I tried study groups I'd wander off while they'd keep studying and sometimes call me a madman for not being as focused as them.
>>
>>7729135
Alcohol is illegal here.
>inb4 epic shitposting about the country I was unlucky enough to be born in
>>
>>7729143
Which country?
>>
>>7729141
>Actually, I've come first in my year at the end of secondary school and fourth in high school, without ever studying except for halfheartedly the day before exams.
We all did. If you need to study during high-school you are pretty retarded. That's why you were supposed to spend high-school studying ahead and preparing for uni.

>I don't think I'm stupid
Think again.

>there's just too much content that I have to absorb and I can't sit down for it.
Guess who's good at learning large amounts of information quickly? Oh right, intelligent people, which does not include you.
>>
>>7729145
A Muslaimic one
>>7729164
Look dude, I've self taught myself English at the sixth grade or something when it wasn't even being taught in schools here, and it isn't even my second language.
I might not be as smart as smart as you, but I'm smarter than most people, at least. I just aren't in tune with the system of learning in place and think I can fix it through some pills.
What do you want from me?
>>
>>7729208
>Diet, exercise, and hygiene.
>Find a hobby you enjoy (reading fiction helps me calm down)
>Make sure your living place is clean.

What are you studying?
>>
>>7729219
Engineering, only because I want to become a computer engineer. I hate engineering generally.
My attitude has always been that hobbies are distractions, but I sure have a lot of time passers that I switch between doing.
>>
>>7729208
>I just aren't
You said something about studying English?

>What do you want from me?
TO STOP SHITTING UP OUR BOARD LOOKING FOR FREE >>>/adv/ YOU FUCKING NIGGER.
>>
>>7729222
>I hate engineering generally.
That's worrying. People are usually bad at stuff they don't like. Luckily you probably hate it mostly because you find studying frustrating, so you should find it much more enjoyable if you can fix this problem.

You might be having difficulty with the resources you are learning from. Make sure you work through your learning material thoroughly, doing exercises until you are confident you understand.

>My attitude has always been that hobbies are distractions
A hobby can be a problem if it takes up too much time, but can be good for you, especially if it breaks up study.

Are you studying by yourself, or at a school or university?
>>
>>7729229
>You said something about studying English?
He made a small grammatical error. Big deal.

>TO STOP SHITTING UP OUR BOARD LOOKING FOR FREE >>>/adv/ YOU FUCKING NIGGER.
"Our board". Yeah, no anon. We aren't a thing. There is no "our board". There is no "my board". There is no true in group. Stop talking tribal nonsense.

Also, 99% of adv is either suicide, relationship problems, or "my feels right now." It's near worthless for the kind of question OP is posing. You want to get ideas, ask people who are doing something you're doing. It's not perfect, but it's a heuristic that results in the best SNR. When people like you stop bitching, that is.

>>7729038
Metacognition is the only true brainhack. Pharmacological aid is just the proxy for self discovery.

I have good luck with cocoa beans and yerba mate / tea though. Sometimes.
>>
>>7729229
I made a thread asking about whether modafinil could make me study. I'm looking for a scientific answer for this.

Also I can probably speak Arabic, Nafusi, Swedish and Italian better than you, faggot.
>>
File: 1450203559620.png (230KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1450203559620.png
230KB, 500x375px
>What do you want from me?
>TO STOP SHITTING UP OUR BOARD LOOKING FOR FREE >>>/adv/ YOU FUCKING NIGGER.
>>
>>7729237
If you're healthy, taking pills to study isn't worth it.

I don't know if you have a medical condition that would make it worthwhile; you would probably need to see a doctor or psychologist.
>>
>>7729235
Fuck off OP.
>>
File: [Honking intensifies].gif (109KB, 209x193px) Image search: [Google]
[Honking intensifies].gif
109KB, 209x193px
>>7729243
I'm not OP.

lel u made an incorrect assumption xd
>>
>>7729237
Yes, Modafinil will make you study. It's better than caffeine with fewer side effects. And it is much, much better (for non ADHD-ADD-IDONTGIVEAFUCKWHATTHEYCALLITBECAUSEITSNOTREAL) than your typical methylphenidate (ritalin,..).
Important : For the love of God, do NOT take Modafinil while you're on the internet. You'll end up googling the research behind Modafinil for hours or try to figure out why non-Modafinil faggots haven't figured out that P !=NP.
>>
>>7729246
Yes. You are. That's why your posts are that far apart.

Get out stupid Mudslime.
>>
>>7729233
I'm studying on my own now because I started working, but I was attending my lectures at University before the last couple of months.

>You might be having difficulty with the resources you are learning from. Make sure you work through your learning material thoroughly, doing exercises until you are confident you understand.
That's one problem I have. Like in this one subject, I have never encountered a single problem I wasn't able to solve, but whenever I sit down to solve problems, each problem takes me a long time because I keep spacing out. I also have to take breaks between each problem in order to slightly reduce how frequently I space out.

I'm basically wondering if taking a substance of some sort can get me to focus on one task for a longer period than I normally can.
>>7729235
>Pharmacological aid is just the proxy for self discovery
Self discovery?
>I have good luck with cocoa beans and yerba mate / tea though. Sometimes.
The difference tea/coffee makes for me, if present, isn't great enough. I need something stronger, I think.
>>
File: No.png (19KB, 1202x177px) Image search: [Google]
No.png
19KB, 1202x177px
>>7729251
>>
>>7729248
P != NP?
Can you elaborate on this?
>>7729251
OP here. I'm not a Muslim.
>>
File: 1450448980227.png (21KB, 1202x177px) Image search: [Google]
1450448980227.png
21KB, 1202x177px
>>7729260
>Retard forgot to take out the png historic meta data.

Oh wow you've been arguing with yourself to bump your shitty thread.

This isn't even funny anymore, you are not just retarded, you are sick. Get help OP.
>>
>>7729262
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P_versus_NP_problem

tl;dr
Really tricky computer science problem no-one's figured out yet.
>>
>>7729121
If you're from a third world country, you don't need school, you only need connections. Concentrate what little of your energies you can muster to being some bigshot's buttboy.
>>
>>7729145
>>Alcohol is illegal here.
>>
>>7729222
There's a lot of cognitive dissonance here. The only pill that fixes that is indeed Cyanide.
>>
File: scan52.jpg (2MB, 2531x3444px) Image search: [Google]
scan52.jpg
2MB, 2531x3444px
>>7729269
That's not how metadata works, especially with screencaps. The only thing comparable to historic data is image content hidden by an alpha channel.

As far as browser changes go, I more or less know how to press f12... but never bothered to learn how to add / remove the (You). And I'm Definitely not going to bother photoshopping it.

Why do you want me to be OP?
>>
>>7729277
>Literally changed html source code to convince people he wasn't samefagging.

Get help OP. Or cyanide.
>>
>>7729281
>No matter what I say, you figure out a way for me to be trying to avoid samefaggotry accusations
>Eventually gets to the point where I'm able to manipulate the flow and arrangement of electrons out of my modem
>Eventually you've made OP out to be some sort of god-like being
>>
>>7729281
What do you gain from shitting up my thread? You need help yourself.
>>
>>7729285
Precisely, now if you can do that OP why can't you just sit down and study for 30 minutes?
>>
>>7729290
>What do you gain from shitting up my thread?
Boredom relief mostly.
>>
>>7729038
adderall or other related drugs work better then modafinil.
The downside is it carries a risk for abuse.
So if you have enough self control get adderall and if not go with modafinil.
>>
>>7729076
does exact opposite of what I want to get
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.