[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.technologyreview.com/new s/544421/googles-quantum

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: The future.jpg (52KB, 299x470px) Image search: [Google]
The future.jpg
52KB, 299x470px
http://www.technologyreview.com/news/544421/googles-quantum-dream-machine/

What is /sci/ consensus? Breakthrough or impending failure?
>>
>>7728944
>and cooled the apparatus to a hundredth of a degree Celsius above absolute zero.

facepalm.jpg
>>
>>7729132
Are you sperging out over the unit? It's not wrong.
>>
>>7728944
It's really pretty
>>
>>7728944
>D-Wave
"no"
>>
>>7729132
it's not wrong technically
>>
>>7729167
Read before talking
>>
>>7729167
Gave ur mum my D-wave. ;^)
>>
>>7729170
Why would you mix those terms? As for _technically_ I've got ice cubes in my freezer colder than that. ...Now if you said x degree KELVIN above absolute zero, that'd be another thing.

Meh, blame the writer guy, not the science guy.

Nice to see Google doing more neat pie-in-the-sky research stuff with their excess cash. Even if they tend to fail at their motto, makes them more beneficial to humanity than most of these megacorps that do little besides bleed it dry and literally hold back progress for a quick buck.
>>
>>7729175
>>7729178
>quantum annealing
"no"
>>
>>7729181
>hundredth of a degree Celsius above absolute zero.

No, you don't have ice cubes in the freezer colder than that. "absolute zero" does not mean "zero in your temperature scale." Not even technically.
>>
>>7729181
it's amusing when someone is this wrong
>>
>>7729139
>>7729170
And the machine is merely some hundred attoparsecs tall.
>>
>>7729358
hey, it's news article, you should be grateful for not using football fields and stones
baby steps
>>
>>7729181
>degree Kelvin
>degree

dude.... what are you doing, dude..
>>
>>7729181
Lol you retard. A degree Celsius over absolute zero is the same as 1 K.
>>
sure are a lot of pedants in here...
>>
>>7729443
>pedantic
>being wrong by 273°C

sure is a lot of ignorance in here..
>>
>>7729472
And yet you understood what they meant
>>
>>7729341
So what's 0 Celsius, if not the freezing temperature of water? ie. 273.15 Kelvins. Cuz 0.001°C is not all that cold, while -273.149°C is about as cold as you can get.

The units are related, but the zero point ain't in the same place, thus interchanging them just bad form.
>>
>>7729479
>from meriam/webster
> a person who annoys other people by correcting small errors and giving too much attention to minor details

So 273° C is a small error? Just a minor detail? And disregarding the size of his error, he also shows a fundamental lack of knowledge as to the relationship between the temperature scales of K and C.
>>
>>7729483
the zero point of the scale =/= "absolute zero"

"absolute zero" has a very specific meaning
>>
>/sci/ the place where autistic retards think they know better than the leading quantum computing expert in the world.
This board is filled with edgelords and dipshits freshmen who think they're the smartest person to have ever walked the earth.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.