[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could someone explain me how to go from blue to red? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: asdf.png (23KB, 546x92px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.png
23KB, 546x92px
Could someone explain me how to go from blue to red? I've tried to do the triple integral integrating first for dphi and dalpha from 0 to 2phi and to 0 to phi? But I end up getting 2·phi^2 instead of 4phi

please help
>>
File: gefwfe.png (13KB, 1212x236px) Image search: [Google]
gefwfe.png
13KB, 1212x236px
OP here, I actually forgot the sin(o) when I integrated, I did it and I got 0, now I'm totally lost
>>
>>7728460
I have no idea why you're talking about phi and alpha instead of phi and theta. But you integrate phi from 0 to 2pi and theta from 0 to pi.
>>
>>7728479
It's spherical coordinates, no? Doesn't the phi go from 0 to pi and theta (or alpha?) from 0 to 2 pi?
>>
>>7728460
See >>7728522 and >>7728606. Evaluate your integrals carefully, keeping in mind that you do have a function of theta inside the integral. Try it again.
>>
>what is the solid angle of a sphere
>>
>>7728606
>phi go from 0 to pi and theta (or alpha?) from 0 to 2 pi?

Math books and physics books swap them around. Whatever involves the sine goes from 0 to π and the other goes from 0 to 2π
>>
the integral of sin theta = -cos theta from 0 to pi, so you get 2.
the integral from 1 from 0 to 2pi is 2pi.
therfore: 2*2pi=4pi. ez.
>>
>>7728606
the sin theta says which is which.
>>
File: 19-12-2015 Näyttö001.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
19-12-2015 Näyttö001.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.