[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you had a tonne of water dumped on your head, would you die?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: cubic-metre-diagram.png (48KB, 464x398px) Image search: [Google]
cubic-metre-diagram.png
48KB, 464x398px
If you had a tonne of water dumped on your head, would you die?

Or does the weight kinda disperse across your body because it's liquid?
>>
>>7728387
This is the same as you hitting a tonne of water with your head, so think diving into a pool. Obviously it depends on the night you drop from
>>
>>7728395
This. If you drop it on the first night, you'll probably just get wet and cold. However, if you wait two months to drop it, this would be the equivalent of smashing head first into a block of concrete at ~60 mph.
>>
>>7728401
Kek.
>>
>>7728387
It would be extremely painful
>>
>>7728387
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o0_xGIUbvs

This reminded me of this idiot
>>
>>7728421
did he died?
>>
>>7728387
Well, you need to consider the kinetic energy of the water at impact and the rate at which it impacts the body, where if you look at the momentum loss of the water per unit time (force).

It should be noted that water will have a tendency to disperse and form small droplets (think rain), so it might be impossible to kill someone as it may disperse to greatly to do any major damage. I have no hard numbers here, so I can't give you a definite answer.
>>
>>7728426
It's fake
>>
It'd depend on the water's surface tension.
>>
>>7728387
>If you had a tonne of water dumped on your head, would you die?
It would be extremely painful.
>>
>>7728421
seems fake.
>>
>>7728493
>4 U
>>
>>7728414
For you
>>
A ton of water dropped DIRECTLY on your head would kill you because your neck would snap. Is this a meme? This seems pretty straight forward
>>
Dr. Water, I'm CIA
>>
>>7728414

you're a big water tower
>>
>>7728642
A ton of water is 1 m^3 of water. I've had more than that dropped on top of me under a tipping bucket when I was 7 years old. Is everyone in this thread autistic? Have you never been to a waterpark before?

Seriously a ton of water isn't really that much. most rain clouds weigh hundreds of tons, and nobody dies under the weight of rain. The atmospheric pressure on top of us is more than a ton over the area of the human body. If everyone in this thread this retarded or am I being trolled.
>>
The problem, I think, is that it would be impossible to get the entire ton of water to hit someone's head all at once. Unless you have a really really big head. Like sputnik big.
>>
If you had a tonne of feathers dropped on your head would it kill you?
>>
>>7728387

what if you had a tonne of air dropped on your head?
>>
Tried this but the experiment didn't work very well.

Am going to try dropping my head on a tonne of water instead.
>>
Tried dropping a tonne of steam on my head, I survived.
>>
>>7728387
Depends on the water pressure. At high enough pressure, a tiny stream of water can cut you in half.
>>
depends on the height it was dropped from. in a vacuum i bet it would
>>
>>7728387
how comes this amount of water weights as more than 10 people?
>>
>>7728751
No way, a tonne of feathers is really light.

A tonne of bricks on the other hand...
>>
>>7729284

Lol'd
>>
>>7728387
if it's in a container, yes
if it's not, no
>>
>>7729412
What if it's 2000 little bottles?
>>
https://youtube.com/watch?v=93nBQQyHDhc
>>
>>7729425
holy fucking shit gg
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.