[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi. Can electromagnetism be considered a force in itself, distinct

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1381787277425.jpg (662KB, 2200x1169px) Image search: [Google]
1381787277425.jpg
662KB, 2200x1169px
Hi.

Can electromagnetism be considered a force in itself, distinct from electricity, and magnetism, alone, and more than just the mutual interaction of those two?
>>
>>7728022
You're trying to get at the point of friction in a vacuum I assume?
>>
>>7728045

No, I want the/an answer to the question in the OP.
>>
>>7728022
Electricity and magnetism are just two different manifestations of the same thing. That's why they can be linked under electromagnetism.
>>
>>7728022
if you understand general relativity and maxwell's field equations then it becomes quite obvious that there is no distinction between electricity and magnetism, the two forces are in fact the same force simply observed from different referance frames. this is incidentally where the derivation of the speed of light comes from, as well as the famous e = mc^2. electromagnetism is not a distinct phenomenon, it is just a term used to describe the collective phenomena of electricity and magnetism, it is called electromagnetism because neither electricity or magnetism is more valid than the other therefore we call it both
>>
>>7728022
Neither electricity nor magnetism nor gravity are forces.
>>
>>7728061
Well that's where you'd find it; a guy in india made a free energy devise that he probably let go of for to little money
>>
File: 1427182736900.jpg (174KB, 768x753px) Image search: [Google]
1427182736900.jpg
174KB, 768x753px
Ok.

So the force or energy that produces electromagnetism, or whose some aspects are magnetism, and electricity, is the aether?
>>
>>7728153

Bump
>>
>>7728022
>mutual interaction
magnetism IS electricity, genius
>>
>>7728289

No.
>>
>>7728153
Technically every field which pervades "empty" space and carries waves is the aether. Einstein even explicitly suggested referring to his curved spacetime as a sort of improved aether.

This doesn't actually make previous "aether" concepts not obviously wrong or not worth bringing up as an example of discarded, obsolete science.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.