[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How smart is he? I've heard from a popular YouTuber, Hannibal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

File: Thunderf00t_3927.jpg (16KB, 272x225px) Image search: [Google]
Thunderf00t_3927.jpg
16KB, 272x225px
How smart is he? I've heard from a popular YouTuber, Hannibal the Victor, that he's a really shitty chemist.
>>
>>7725773
He has a pretty good publication record for not being a professor as well as being the lead or co-lead author on almost all of the papers he has published
>>
>>7725773
>I've heard from a popular YouTuber
Never change /sci/
>>
>>7725773
Kek, feminists getting mad at thunderf00t pointing out various flaws in arguments, he seems legit, I've only read one of his papers by accident and also only disagreed with one of his vids but the rest are flawless and he definitely knows what he's talking about, I've been a subscriber from before his identity was outed
>>
>>7725774
I like him, because of his anti-feminist anti-SJW videos, but his science videos are crap. He has never come close to debunking God and never will, because God can't be proven by science but by philosophy, which has amply achieved this over and over again, and by religious experience, which is personal and obviously speaks for itself. Atheists are now the most dogmatic shitspillers in the history of the internet, you are literally just a cult that goes about spewing the same unfounded bullshit to prop up your dying religion of critical theory, personal insecurities and narcism.
>>
File: 1409880249853.jpg (33KB, 572x380px) Image search: [Google]
1409880249853.jpg
33KB, 572x380px
>>7725890
>proven
>by philosophy
>>
probably good at chemistry, literal shit at everything else

fuck mumblefoot
>>
>>7725900
Are you one of these people who thinks that philosophy is worthless? You do realise that 4chan is for people over 18 don't you?
>>
>>7725782
>>tfw your publication record is not that good
fuck I need some first authors.
>>
>>7725890
>God can't be proven by science but by philosophy
Read some Kierkegaard you stupid fuck.
>>
God is real, faith cannot be disproven by logic, why is logic better than faith?
>>
>>7725773
His video on coulomb explosions is fantastic chemistry, the guy has a feisty zest for fucking around with things to see how they tick, I don't care about his political ideas, but he's a smashing chemist.
>>
>>7725940
I'm aware of Kierkegaard. What's your point? Kierkegaard believed in morals and believed that religion was the best way to go about it. Also there are far more philosophers and philosophical arguments which make the case for God and religion than just Kierkegaard. The prime mover, buddhist philosophy, your own reason (if you have any) are all good places to look.
>>
File: itsjustakoranrecitalyouperverts.jpg (54KB, 599x402px) Image search: [Google]
itsjustakoranrecitalyouperverts.jpg
54KB, 599x402px
>>7725773
>Hannibal the Victor
You mean the pedophile sjw who got into a wiener fight with him because Thunderfoot thinks feminist frequency is a fucking idiot?
Yeah, I'm sure he's a good source for many things, including the quality of Thunderfoot's chemistry.

>>7725960
I saw that. I wonder if those periodic videos guys ever got a chance to watch it.
A lot of people got ass blasted because of how critical he was of everyone in the original video (including that old professor that everyone seems to like), but hey, if you're right, you're right.
>>
>>7725890
kek thanks for the laugh retard
>>
actual chemist reporting in

mason a is very, very good chemist and could easily work in hardcore industry. why he doesn't, I haven't a clue as he received handsome offers constantly and I feel that he is wasting his energy with his venture into youtube.

[spoiler]i partially worked with him at bristol.[/spoiler]
>>
>>7725773
He looks like he makes meth.
>>
File: 1421222160861.jpg (40KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1421222160861.jpg
40KB, 625x626px
>>7725950
>>
>>7725773
He's a good physicist, who cares if he's a good chemist? Let the chemists be chemists, let the physicists be physicists.
>>
>>7726081
what is he like in person

tell us stories
>>
>>7726107
No his cheeks are too full. He looks like he makes lsd.
>>
File: 1448798940940.jpg (50KB, 340x371px) Image search: [Google]
1448798940940.jpg
50KB, 340x371px
>>7725969
Kierkegaard was a crackpot moron though. Ethics from religious texts is shit. Or are you implying stoning people to death and cutting off limbs are ethical practices?
>>
>>7725773
Speaking of, what about Peter Atkins' publication record? His pchem book is a shitrag and I'd like something to respect him for other than his reddit-tier religious debates
>>
>>7725773
>Hannibal the Victor
Who is a bumbling sjw moron. Thunderf00t is awesome.
>>
>>7726521
>>7726081
>>7725983
>>7725960
>>7725806
>>7725782
>>7725774
Mason go to bed for fuck sake
>>
>>7726532
>everybody who disagrees with me is a shill
>>
>>7725773

He's a smart guy
>>
He's a pretentous faggot
>>
>>7726673
Even if it was true, that would also be 99% of /sci/
>>
>>7726682

No! I really do a genius level IQ, and you need to know about it!
>>
File: a leaves for the day.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
a leaves for the day.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>7725806
Was it before you bought your fedora too?
>>
>>7726816
These people always seem to live in, and come from, manicured suburbs. Average to upper middle class.

It does something to people, I'm tellin' ya. I have my ideas, but I don't understand yet.
>>
>>7726816
M8 shut the fuck up u fggt, I'm gonna go back to shagging 60 glamour models now
>>
>>7726068
Nice argument there faggot.
>>
>>7726824
No uphill battles in life for the most part. Idk really, maybe life is too perfect, so they deviate
>>
>>7725773
No idea how smart he is, seems to just like doing science shit and fighting PC people, also wasn't hannibal that fat guy that hates thunderf00t simply because he doesn't agree with modern feminism?
>>
>>7725890
Majority of today's popular religions indicate zero disparity between man and God.

More accurately, possibility of unity

Hami ham brahm ham.
>>
His PhD is from a shit British university. Don't trust what he says.
>>
>>7726081
>mason a is very, very good chemist and could easily work in hardcore industry. why he doesn't, I haven't a clue as he received handsome offers constantly and I feel that he is wasting his energy with his venture into youtube.
Youtube is his hobby, not his job.

He works in science, rather than industry, because he likes doing interesting work more than making money. He already gets a steady paycheck for doing research that nobody else is doing, so I don't see why he'd want to change.
>>
>>7725773
He's a Cambridge educated physical chemist, as far as I can tell from the videos I watches from a few years back. I'm guessing that makes him pretty smart.
>>
I used to watch his channel years ago, but after all the bullshit infighting in the atheist communities with the rise of SJWs it all turned into a retarded clusterfuck that made me lose respect for everyone
>>
>>7725773
You mean Hannibal the "I had to delete my channel because people found out I'm a pedo" Victor?
>>
>>7726081
I think he said in one of his vids that he doesn't work in industry because he works in a line of research where he's basically the only one doing it and if he stops, it will take a long time before anybody picks it up.
>>
>>7728436
but what are you trying to say ham?
>>
>>7728757
Lol, story?
>>
>>7726659

for u
>>
>>7725890

>He has never come close to debunking God

Yes, because proving a negative is the magnum opus of what someone wants to accomplish with their time.

>Philosophy

FUCKING LOL
>>
>>7726690
so you fuck a genius level IQ or did you mean to say "i really do have a genius IQ" ?

if its the first, i am very intressted in how that happens
>>
>>7725890
Yea, you nailed it! This
>>
>>7725773
His neck is so thick I can't watch his videos
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.