[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this book? The guy basically says the optimal diet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: how-not-to-die.jpg (108KB, 396x558px) Image search: [Google]
how-not-to-die.jpg
108KB, 396x558px
Thoughts on this book?

The guy basically says the optimal diet for human health and longevity according to science up to this point is one that minimizes all animal products and processed food, maximizes whole plant foods, with as much variety as possible, and includes a vitamin B12 and DHA omega 3 supplement. He cites 3000+ research articles.

Bullshit or accurate?
>>
>>7724701
Accurate. Though lean meats like poultry can be alright.

Neu5gc along with how most meat is raised, makes the majority of it non-viable. American in particular massively overconsumes meat in a way we as a species likely never have.
>>
The final word on that is there simply isn't enough information to be sure. Diet is incredibly complicated and everyone has their own opinion.

Not to mention people from different parts of the world have different tolerances for certain foods; i.e. Lactose tolerance in European countries and you can't put a blanket diet on all the people of the world and say that that is the best.
>>
>>7724701
Meat is fine if it is raised properly. Livestock ingest too many chemicals these days. Try to get natural shit. Eat less processed garbage. You'll do ok.

I should practice what I preach.
>>
>>7724736
>Meat is fine if it is raised properly. Livestock ingest too many chemicals these days. Try to get natural shit.

99.9% of the population of world will not be able to follow this advice, so why even bother?
>>
>>7724746
They won't be able to follow it because they won't try.

Price is not a problem. In most if not all regions of the US, that's nonsense and a terrible fallacy. Availability is the only thing that might be an issue. Living in the deep inner city or something.

If people started to have some goddamn standards and set the bar a little higher, everything could be high quality and relatively inexpensive. As it stands people are wilfully overpaying for complete and utter trash. Guess it's not rape if you view the act as consensual.
>>
>>7724705
>Though lean meats like poultry can be alright.

didnt read the book as he shits on lean meats as being worse for human health then non-lean meats.

>>7724709
>The final word on that is there simply isn't enough information to be sure

you must be delusional
>He cites 3000+ research articles.

>everyone has their own opinion.
science is not religion, opinions don't mean shit

>>7724736
>Meat is fine if it is raised properly
not according to the evidence
>You'll do ok
Most of the burden of disease in today's world is from non-communicable lifestyle diseases, IE shit you eat. Which means if you just take it easy you'll die of a heart attack or cancer real quick, just like everybody else.
>>
Aren't we trying to minimize the amount of shit we put in us?

What's healthy about shoving all that useless cellulose in your gullet, other than solid shits?
>>
>>7725258
>didnt read the book as he shits on lean meats as being worse for human health then non-lean meats.
Then he is little beyond a knob.
>>
>>7724701

I went vegan about 4 months ago.

>more energy
>"healthier" feel (subjective)
>more consistent energy
>less reliant on medication and stimulants
>no decrease in gym/training performance
>regular, excellent no wipe dumps
>less bloated

you don't have to be vegan. but eating more vegetables and less meat/dairy/processed garbo is definitely better
>>
>>7724736
> natural
when will this meme stop
>>
>>7725436
>How dare people assert things with evidence backing them up, I deplore those people, truly they are little more then knobs. I want to live in a world where reality bends to confirm my preconceptions

>>7725618
this is typical for people who change their diets into plant based.
>>
>>7725710
I haven't read the book, so I don't what this evidence nor their reasoning is. My own knowledge base however strictly contradicts their conclusion, and I feel more than adequate in controlling for deficits and errors in my own judgement.

Oh gosh, someone wrote a book. Time to throw out everything I ever thought I knew about knowing! And everything else too!
>>
>>7724701
>Follow the book
>Die anyway at 50 because pancreatic cancer was in your genes

Just enjoy your life faggot.
>>
>>7725267
I'd like to know as well.
>>
I'm curious, if I would eat super helathy from now on what effect would the previous 23 years of my life have on my life expectancy?

What's more important: how you live when you're young and growing or how you live when your old and weaker?
>>
>>7727886
>Just enjoy your life faggot.
nice try shekelstein.
>>
>>7727886
>Just enjoy your life faggot.
Yeah. Eat like shit, live like shit, and feel like shit because you're in shit shape your whole life. Who cares about making life worth living when you can die at any time lolzzz.

amiright?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.