[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I try to re-learn all of algebra/precalculus within the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1449868218860.png (26KB, 392x418px) Image search: [Google]
1449868218860.png
26KB, 392x418px
Should I try to re-learn all of algebra/precalculus within the next 4 weeks so that I can place into calculus and all of the classes that require me to concurrently take calculus, or should I play it safe, staying one year behind and take college algebra and not be able to take calculus until next fall? Is it possible to re-learn everything up to calculus within 4 weeks using something like khanacademy?
>>
Algebra's piss-easy m8. Find an algebra final online or something and see how much you remember.
>>
>>7716084
/thread
>>
>>7715878
dont cram for a placement test that is the stupidest shit i ever heard
>>
>>7716097
4 weeks really isn't cramming
>>
Just do Khan academy
>>
>>7716193
That's probably the best place. I'm surprised nobody has come to this thread explaining how they did this because it seems like a typical thing that someone would do.
>>
>>7715878
I'd lookup a basic precalc syllabus and learn the main topics on that. I'm assuming you also need to know trig right?
>>
>>7715878
You should definitely try to skip that shit

Although taking college algebra really isn't as bad as folks make it out to be. I did it, and it didn't actually put me behind at all (I'll still be graduating in 4 years, or 4.5 if I'm lazy and just do 12 credits for the next two semesters). It does cost a bit of money though.
>>
I dropped out of school the summer before sixth grade. I started with college algebra at the age of 18 in CC, my first math since dropping out years earlier. The most advanced math I remembered was multiplication. Ended up passing with a C. I passed Diff Q, my last Math class, this past Spring.
>>
>>7715878

Calculus is a joke. It's really only one equation [d/dx of x^n = nx^(n-1)] /semester
>>
>>7716978
Eh, you have to remember a couple of things for differentiation but that's usually pretty formulaic. Integration can be tricky.
>>
>>7716833
>I'll still be graduating in 4 years
fucking how that doesn't even make sense
>>
>>7717357
Scratch that, looks like I was wrong about my timeline. Looks like i'll be graduating in 5 if I take it easy, 4.5 if I wreck my shit. If I do it in 5, my last semester will be lame as fuck (less than 12 credits), so I may as well pick up a math or a physics minor while i'm there.

I did however, do a 9 credit semester, and an 11 credit semester along the way, so i'm still convinced that you could get out the door in 4 years even starting from baby math, without too much fuss.
>>
>>7717454
I don't think that's possible with any STEM major.
>>
>>7717459
Why not? I'd be there if I wasn't a lazy cunt and didn't do those 9, 11, and 12 credit semesters, or had taken advantage of a couple of summers where I did fuck all.

I'm not sure how other schools work, but I started off at a community college, a full 2 fucking years away from calc 1. I did baby math 1 first semester, baby math 2 over the summer, college algebra next semester, accelerated college algebra 2 + trig next semester + accelerated chem, and then calc 1 over the summer. I also got an override for "Programming for Engineers" while I was still taking babby math, because I already had some programming experience, and I basically took out all of my humanities requirements in those semesters where I couldn't take physics or calculus. If I had done calc 3 and circuit analysis 1 the following summer, and taken 16 credits the semesters where I took 12 or less, and I would be graduating in 4 years.
>>
File: 1449944041442.png (12KB, 392x418px) Image search: [Google]
1449944041442.png
12KB, 392x418px
>>7715878
I could not help but notice your png was not optimized anon.
I have optimized your png.
Your png is now optimized.
>>
>>7717357

Consider a prerequisite digraph of all the courses you have. If there is no directed path of length 8 that starts at Calc I, then you can easily graduate in 4 years, even without taking summer semesters.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.