[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a long-term evolutionary advantage to having homosexuals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: on his way to steal your girl.jpg (53KB, 518x540px) Image search: [Google]
on his way to steal your girl.jpg
53KB, 518x540px
Is there a long-term evolutionary advantage to having homosexuals in the tribe?
>>
they help raise offspring in a community but they don't produce the resource consuming wankers.
>>
Homosexuality probably has nothing to do with genes

I'm not saying people choose to be gay but I doubt it's in their genes
>>
>>7715596
The so-called "gay gene" also seems to increase female fertility, which is likely why it's persisted for so long. It's also important to realise that faggotry is partially genetic and partially social. I can't remember the study that showed it, but there was one the looked at children brought up in gay households were more likely to be gay themselves than those brought up in a normal house.
>>
File: gay-ducks.png (39KB, 342x133px) Image search: [Google]
gay-ducks.png
39KB, 342x133px
>>7715596
>evolutionary advantage
crypto-religious belief system
>>
I've read that some research has been done in Africa, and they found that these boys who show more feminine traits and rarely build families are more probable to born to families with a lot of children already. These boys then usually help their relatives with children, since they have strong motherly needs to take care of children, but they don't reproduce themselves. This makes it possible to the families to get even bigger, and so the families with this trait in the end reproduce more than families, where these boys do not appear.

The researches thought that this is probably closely related to the origins of homosexuality in humans, but they have yet to do more research with more tribes, and move on to more modern cultures, and find the reason why the social stigma of being gay is so huge, when there are these supposed advantages in having gays around.
>>
>>7715606
Then what? The flu? When did you choose to start enjoying tits, assuming you do?
>>
>>7715647
>>7715606

Probably some genes cause greater chance of a person becoming gay with some cultural and environmental things
>>
Haven't any of you people heard of Google?

Current "consensus" in the scientific community is it's an epigenetic factor manifesting in the womb, and apparently relates to male birth order, with younger male offspring being more likely to be gay.

Obviously, this is a highly political issue, and the consensus may reflect that.
>>
>>7715647
>>7715650
>>7715606
I think it's due to the hormones of the mother when she's having kids. I have read it somewhere but I don't know for sure.
>>
>>7715643
But why would nature then not just have more girls?
>>
>>7715596
HOMOSEX PEOPLE GENERELLY DON'T REPRODUCT HENCE HOMOSEX SHOULD BE ENCURAGED.
>>
>>7715596
Depopulation in a crowded ecosystem.
>>
>>7715661
>Implying epigenetics aren't evolutionary

Epigenetic factors are determined by the environment in which they are produced.
>>
>>7715622
That second part is bullshit. a child is more likely to be closeted in a straight family.
>>
>>7715596
It has been proposed that a homosex gene is not a homosex gene but an attracted to men gene. This gene would increase the drive for females to mate and be beneficial to them.

Humans have fairly strong sexual dimorphism which indicates that through most of human evolution the stronger males have had more than one mate while the weaker males would have none. In a tribal system the fags would be a labor force aiding the communities well being even though they would not father many children but the females with the "gay" gene would would have more offspring than the ones with out it keeping that gene in circulation.

There are many causes of faggotry and a gay gene if discovered would only be one, not all men with the gene would have it and many fags would not.
>>
>>7715596
Yes
>you need at least one fashion expert per tribe
>>
>>7715723
are you saying someone who might otherwise be a homosexual succumbs to social standards and chooses heterosexuality? might sexuality be a series of social choices?
>>
File: 2124125678.jpg (56KB, 599x450px) Image search: [Google]
2124125678.jpg
56KB, 599x450px
>>7715606
Sup.
I have a twin brother. We did absolutely everything together when we were little, wore the same cloths, played the same sports and had the same interests.

He has a gf and is straight. I'm gay.
Just sayin.
>>
>no sources provided for any of these evo psych bullshit claims
>anons on /sci/ reading, believing, and sharing evo psych tier nonsense in the first place
>"its evolution dummy!"
I can't stand when non-biology majors speak about biology.
>>
>>7715606
Lol your a retard it's in the genes. You can literally tell a man is gay most of the time just by looking at his features.
>>
File: 22171624621.gif (970KB, 470x248px) Image search: [Google]
22171624621.gif
970KB, 470x248px
>>7716208
now thats what i call bait
>>
File: 1449360017511.gif (145KB, 362x74px) Image search: [Google]
1449360017511.gif
145KB, 362x74px
So I suppose there's also an argument for evolutionary advantage for the existence of female homosexuals, sometimes referred to as lesbians?
>>
>>7715683
Because it's 50|50 for a boy or a girl no matter what.
>>
>>7716264
Of course not. You would first need to characterize the "gay gene" before beginning any discussion about its evolution and guess at its historical advantage. A psychologist has the benefit of ignoring those kinds of rules in his science.

What's surprising is the number of anons here so quick to adopt these findings not on the basis of its science but on whether or not it "sounds good" and reasonable in our political environment.
>>
File: 1289421048901.jpg (37KB, 146x145px) Image search: [Google]
1289421048901.jpg
37KB, 146x145px
>>7715596

Yeah. They're hot and sexy and give my penis something to do other than putting it into your sister or mom.
>>
>>7716301
le nice burn dud xD
>>
>>7715661

Oddly enough, my younger brother is straight and I like to get fucked by men.
>>
>>7716190

It used to be funny to watch /sci/ flounder around like morons every time a biology topic came up but now it's just depressing. I need to quit caring about this shit lol
>>
>>7715683
Gender is worked out based on whether the sperm carries the X or Y gene.
>>
>>7715596
none, but perhaps as our culture evolves we'll come to find that we need not tie ourselves to the obtuse adherence to pastoral survivalist notions.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.