[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Board is Science and Mathematics >Says STEM (Science,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

>Board is Science and Mathematics
>Says STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) is a meme
>Literally half of the name
>>
>>7714962
Good thread
>>
>>7714962
The board is about the niche interest in science and mathematics. The interest is NOT a meme.

The meme is the career choice of STEM, which is different. It is so because a bunch of normie fags with no real interest or talent get thrown to engineering because popular culture tells them "Go STEM! 300k starting! You all go to STEM so that we can pay you less goyim!".

So if you study science and mathematics on your own without going to college you are not falling for a meme.

If you are a STEM major in college but you had an interest in it before you even enrolled college and you also study advanced topics on your own because you enjoy it then you are not falling for a meme.

If you are a STEM major that never really cared about mathematics and just chose the first engineer discipline they saw and you do not study advanced topics on your own because you simply cannot be asked then you fell for the STEM meme.
>>
>>7714962
Not really related, but it kind of makes me wonder what's the difference between Technology and Engineering in the STEM acronym. Is technology considered just codemonkeying or what?
>>
>stem is literally science, technology, engineering, and mathematics
you're dumb dude lol
>>
>>7714984
there are technicians which are like the people that wire up an experiment, clean out vacuum chambers, repair and maintain accelerators and other equipment, and technologists which idek theyre a strange combo in the middle of engineers who do theoretical analysis and systems design, and techs who implement engineering designs. technologists are almost useless and degrees like engineering technology are equally retarded
>>
>>7714974
Great. We get it. Can we stop having treads about it and actually talk about math and science?
>>
>>7714974
This. I have known I wanted to do science since I was a little kid, and can't picture myself doing anything else. I read and study ahead in every textbook and when I'm not attending uni.
>>
>>7714993
Thanks m8
>>
>>7714962
If stem is a meme, what else should you study, social sciences?
>>
>>7714994
Hey, don't blame it. I didn't make the thread.
>>
>>7715001

Medicine.
>>
>>7714993
You're retarded m8
>>
>>7715089
says the NEET that read wiki descriptions
>>
>>7715086
>medicine
>not science
>>
The important thing is that you're studying.
And that you're not a psychology major.

Seriously, fuck psychology.
>>
>>7715092
if medicine is science then engineering is science
>>
>>7715096
I feel like if you're bad enough at engineering for your engineering to be considered a "science," you should probably be fired for everyone's sake.
>>
>>7715099
that makes no sense at all. engineers do scientific R&D as much if not more than scientists
>>
>>7715095
I'm a psychology major. I actually have job prospects out the ass, compared to Science grads :^)
>>
>>7714962
Everything is a meme. There's seven billion of us.
>>
>>7715001
this
>>
File: 1449784192038.jpg (163KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449784192038.jpg
163KB, 1280x720px
>>7715555
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.