[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the semester is over, is it OK to email one of my professors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

Now that the semester is over, is it OK to email one of my professors to thank them and let them know that I appreciate their work, or would that be cheesy and gay?

One of my maths professors was really good and explained things in a way that made me "get it" that made my mathematical understanding vastly better, and I really enjoyed his course. Is this a common thing? Have you ever done it?
>>
File: 1441608972277.jpg (146KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
1441608972277.jpg
146KB, 500x625px
>>7714808
Extremely homosexual, but go for it.

Write it in a physical thank-you card, not a goddamn email, though. Jesus.
>>
pretty cheesy and gay famdesu
but i doubt your professor will care

Just hope he doesn't get the wrong message and think you have a crush on him.
>>
File: 1444861239338.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1444861239338.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
>>7714808
Just do whatever the fuck you want.

On a second thought, don't do it. You must be a very insecure and socially inept individual in order to ask something like that. You'll end up writing something extremely cringe and your professor shouldn't have deal with that.
>>
>>7714814
>>7714817

People who will never get into undergrad research.
>>
>>7714824
I don't want to get into undergrad research
>>
>>7714824
Nah, did undergrad research, but industry is way better

Being a decent human being is one thing, and sending love letters to your professors for doing the job that they're paid to do is another
>>
>>7714808
It's sort of their job to teach their students. Although it's not as if he's going to broadcast the fact that you sent him a cheesy and gay message to the whole university. So go ahead if you really feel the need to do it.
>>
>>7714833
>Although it's not as if he's going to broadcast the fact that you sent him a cheesy and gay message to the whole university.
Uh, I'm pretty sure professors are friends with one another. Why wouldn't you talk about a hilarious email you got?
>>
>>7714808
It'll only be as cheesy and gay as you write it to be.

Just be formal and explicit, everybody which isn't a total cunt likes to receive compliments, even and especially if it's about their work.
>>
if it's not overly elaborate and gay I don't see why not

I shot one to a prof of mine who taught a special topics course where the material basically got me an internship one summer. sent them a brief thank you with a small note describing what I did over the summer related to the course, they were pretty happy that it was useful desu senpai.
>>
Not quite the same but I work as a tutor and i'm always happy to know if my students think i've done a good job, so go for it imo, just don't make it overly elaborate, a simple thanks is always good.
>>
>>7714808

A thank you email stating that you had fun in the course, possibly followed by a request for additional material on the subject, or even asking about opportunities to continue working with them?

Sure, that sounds reasonable to me.

An email gushing about how that was your favorite class all semester, oh god I loved the way you explained concept X, i'm so sad that I won't be in your class any more, I miss you already daddy, etc?

Nah, I wouldn't do that.
>>
i have made it a habit to personally thank my professors at the end of the year, unless they were bad. I usually go and talk to them one on one, and tell them that I really appreciate the work they put in, etc.

feelsgoodman.jpeg
>>
I typically write a note on the final exam thanking them for the class.

I'll write a physical card for them if they write me a letter of recommendation or something of that sort
>>
As a T.A., I love it when students do this.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 495x334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 495x334px
>>7714866
>I miss you already daddy
>>
>thanking people you pay

why?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.