[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you flung a freshly deceased human corpse on the surface of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 060321euler-1.jpg (1MB, 2898x2897px) Image search: [Google]
060321euler-1.jpg
1MB, 2898x2897px
If you flung a freshly deceased human corpse on the surface of the moon and left it there, would it decay?
>>
>>7714515

decay/decompose I mean
>>
>>7714515
for awhile but then it'd stop.
>>
File: incan-mummy-maiden-1.jpg (43KB, 575x415px) Image search: [Google]
incan-mummy-maiden-1.jpg
43KB, 575x415px
>>7714515
the radiation kills bacteria, so no it would not decompose, only dry out and freeze, similar to mummies found in the Andes.
>>
The temperature changes would turn the human body into jerky relatively quickly. The Incas used to mummify their dead kings by putting them on a mountains and letting the hot days and freezing nights dry out the body.
>>
The sun would desiccate it and solar winds would eventually strip the body apart.
>>
>>7714581
How preserved would her brain structure be after that?
>>
The parts of the body in sunlight would get hot very quickly and the parts in shadow would get cold. That alone would probably do horrible stuff to a human corpse
>>
>>7714628
considering the neurons and binding structures take irreversible damage when dried, it would be not more than a dry lump of fat.
>>
If the body is in sunlight, it would cook and dry up until its hard leather. If its in a shadow or on the dark side, it would freeze.
>>
>>7714515
No. It would dry out very quickly in vacuum and be sterilized, then slowly cool off the core temperature to ambient Moon surface temperature while the surface of the body is cratered by rare debris impacts, then even more slowly be turned to dust in the bombardment of solar radiation.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.