[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im curious as to how good the math niggas on /sci/ are when they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: kek.png (20KB, 300x319px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
20KB, 300x319px
Im curious as to how good the math niggas on /sci/ are when they are handed an actual problem, since proofs these days can be regurgitated by anyone. Ill start off with pic related. If we substitute every circle with spheres, what is the total Volume of all the spheres? If you need an explanation behind the pattern of the circles, Its a dead ringer that you are not capable of solving said problem.
>>
>>7711485
the answer is:

Go away. You're a shit poster and this is a shit post.
>>
>>7711485
6?
>>
>not capable of solving
>>
>>7711485

OP's prompt is both atrocious and high-school tier taunting (trolling? seems to have cribbed the phrase "dead ringer" without understanding what it means)... but.

But OP's thing can actually be interpreted or phrased into a legitimate problem, and the image is sufficiently enticing. See the "kissing problem" for another problem involving tangent spheres, not related to this.

In response to OP's shitpost, I propose the following less imprecise rephrase (which is still fundamentally a "2D" problem which I suppose is amenable to first-year calc):

-There exist infinitely many spheres in Euclidian space, whose centers are all coplanar.
-Every such sphere touches a closed line segment.
-The two largest of these spheres each has a radius of 1/2, and these two touch at another point which is not on the line segment.
-The points at which these two largest spheres touch the shared line segment describe the endpoints of the spheres' shared line segment.
-The rest of the spheres generate and otherwise variously touch each other, per the OP's image.

-(seemingly obvious per above proposed context, could use a check: these various "kissing" points are all coplanar with the sphere's circles)

-etc.

I bet there's details about finding iterative radii of tangency and setting up the limit properly that I haven't thought of yet. The picture suggests a "2-1-2-2-4" iteration of similar objects as well.
>>
>>7711485
315 zeta(5) / (2 pi^5) ~ 0.533678
>>
>>7711514
Not bad.jpg
seems reasonable.
>>
File: 1449198360523.jpg (81KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1449198360523.jpg
81KB, 800x800px
>>7711514
OP here.
Good job anon.
>Ibetyoufoundthe iterativeradiioftangencydetails.jpg

Im interested to hear what kind of math you study, I'm guessing you like Bumblebee number theory? Even if you did put the sum into Wolfram, you had to recognize Euers totient function as the sequence in said dirichlet sum which nobody yet recognized.

>>7711519
Notbad.jpg indeed. Thats the answer is why.
>>
>>7711494
Thatsnotevenclose.jpg
>>
File: 1422440788112.png (70KB, 1938x434px) Image search: [Google]
1422440788112.png
70KB, 1938x434px
>>7711485
it does not matter. math and logic are conventions that you can refute any time you want.
>>
File: 1449228475643.jpg (3KB, 90x90px) Image search: [Google]
1449228475643.jpg
3KB, 90x90px
>>7711576
If u up during real intellectual hours
Den y tf u aint tap that like????????

NO SCIENTISTS/PHILOSOPHERS/MATHNIGGAS/ENGINEERS/DOCTORS DURING REAL INTELLECTUAL HOURS ERRYBODY.
>>
>>7711576
lol
>>
>>7711485
> substitute every circle with spheres
At least 4 variables that are not presented.
>>
>>7712907

Which is exactly where my later post >>7711513 comes in.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.