[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /sci/ think about cryogenic sleep? There are some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (165KB, 640x272px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
165KB, 640x272px
What does /sci/ think about cryogenic sleep?

There are some people who freeze their brains with the hope that they can be revived in the future.

But they're going to have to test the re-animation process on someone. Can you imagine being one of the first test subjects they try to awake from cryogenic sleep and they fuck it up?

You would have spent thousands of dollars to give yourself the experience of waking up from death just to experience the pain of dying again. It would be the closest thing to hell possible in that one instant.
>>
I wouldn't be scared.
>>
>>7709403
Cryonics!='cryogenic sleep'

Cryonics is vitrifying people. This involves getting people injected with cryopreservant and getting them really really cold. These cryopreservants are toxic and the vitrification process causes cracks to form, so it is not currently reversible.

It's a stretch to call it sleep.

>>You would have spent thousands of dollars to give yourself the experience of waking up from death just to experience the pain of dying again. It would be the closest thing to hell possible in that one instant.

What makes you think it would be painful? And is it not worth it to extend your life even just a bit? Would you rather die in the next 60 seconds or pay $10,000 dollars and die in the next hour?
>>
>>7709403
They will test with animals you dumb fucker.
>>
i'd do it
>>
mfw 200 years from now all the rich cunts desperate to not die dethaw and end up in a landfill.

Nobody cares and with the world population increasing, there's going to be further drain on resources. People are delusional if they think their corpses are going to be kept around.
>>
>>7712737
Money is money. If they've paid enough to last until we are ready, people would love to bring back a person born in the 20th century.
>>
>>7711023

Animal models are good but they don't offer perfect prediction rates.
>>
>>7712770
And people do?
>>
>>7712767

Money is money, what you're confused on is that anyone is going to care after the money has been payed(which it has).
>>
>>7712818
>Not knowing anything about Alcor's patient trusts or board membership requirements.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.