[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /naturally stupid/ here? >low IQ of 115 >not a natural

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 11

File: unnamed.jpg (15KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
15KB, 512x288px
Who /naturally stupid/ here?

>low IQ of 115
>not a natural at math, have to work hard to do it
>nowhere near genius level, will probably just be an average engineer

Feels bad man
>>
>>7700249
Stop complaining and start working.
>>
>>7700250
I do work hard, and I do get good grades, but I don't know if I have the potential to do great things
>>
>>7700249
I'd you're above average you aren't stupid.
>>
>>7700249
I'm legit stupid. I once told a cop while completely shitfaced to "protect and serve and find me my glasses." He gave me a ride back to my apartment.

>>7700250
/thread

>>7700253
>have the potential to do great things
Can't do great things without doing things. A lot of your things will be shit things. Maybe one will be a great thing.
>>
>>7700249
>low IQ of 115
>/naturally stupid/
You're above average. Now stop whining on the internet and find something to use it for.

>>7700253
>I don't know if I have the potential to do great things
There's only one way to find out.
>>
sometimes i feel like I don't actually know shit about my field like ill start spilling spaghetti if someone questions my knowledge out of nowhere
>class is a continuation of a previous class
>panic review material from pass classes
jesus christ the pressure
>>
i don't think that i'm /naturally stupid/ but, i want somewhere to vent this.

i had a childhood iq of >= 140, i was accepted into a program that required two independent tests of >= 140.

i'm not a huge success now, when many of my previous classmates were (surgeon, successful actor, etc etc etc.... on and on).

i think my iq dropped as i grew up - iq is relative to your age group after all. pretty sad, senpai.
>>
>>7700460
>>low IQ of 115
>>/naturally stupid/
>You're above average. Now stop whining on the internet and find something to use it for.

this is how you know he's actually retarded.
>>
>>7700555
you realize that people below 110 or so are basically living in another society? they are the food service workers, etc. i don't blame OP for thinking the way he does. it's like he's just on the cusp of a better life but it's out of his reach.
>>
>>7700249
135 here. Not smart enough but smarter than the average bear
>>
>>7700249
grow up asshole
In the real world, the only people who give a fuck about IQ are idiots.

The real test of intelligence is your ability to make conversation with college educated adults. Maybe you should find yourself in a position where you invent/discover something novel, or use your intelligence to acquire a profession people value, like medicine. However, beyond that, nobody cares.
>>
File: 1444555221936.png (1MB, 1446x1068px) Image search: [Google]
1444555221936.png
1MB, 1446x1068px
... in mathematics you don't understand things, you just get used to them.
- J. von Neumann
>>
>>7700631
I feel like I just got redpilled
>>
>>7700631
>Maybe you should find yourself in a position where you invent/discover something novel

good luck with that if you aren't high IQ

the low-hanging fruit have been picked already
>>
>>7700249
>engineer
yeah no sorry engineers are 125. get the fuck out retard
>>
>>7700631
>engineer with 100IQ detected

top kek, keep beliving that my friend
>>
File: feynman.jpg (151KB, 814x545px) Image search: [Google]
feynman.jpg
151KB, 814x545px
1. The brain is essentially a computer; it can be programmed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KLPxDtMqe8
-SciShow, Your brain is plastic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSzsI5aGcK4&list=PLXT5SmYGSFN6BABxcJGnpYY_fHZVw7E38
-Sentis, playlist; How the brain works

2. Moaning on the internet is not a solution; it's a desperate cry for help, validation for your own misguided preconceptions and annoying.

3. Doing more science is the solution.
>>
>>7700249
You aren't smart enough to be an engineer retard.
130.0 Physics
129.0 Mathematics
128.5 Computer Science
128.0 Economics
127.5 Chemical engineering
127.0 Material science
126.0 Electrical engineering
125.5 Mechanical engineering
125.0 Philosophy
124.0 Chemistry
123.0 Earth sciences
122.0 Industrial engineering
122.0 Civil engineering
121.5 Biology
120.1 English/literature
120.0 Religion/theology
119.8 Political science
119.7 History
118.0 Art history
117.7 Anthropology/archeology
116.5 Architecture
116.0 Business
>YOUR POWER GAP
115.0 Sociology
114.0 Psychology
114.0 Medicine
112.0 Communication
109.0 Education
106.0 Public administration

Enjoy your shitty sociology degree fuckwit.
>>
File: willpower.jpg (26KB, 500x311px) Image search: [Google]
willpower.jpg
26KB, 500x311px
IQ 126 here (actually did a test once for getting into mensa, wasn't good enough)

as far as I can tell IQ is a pretty limited way to judge intelligence. sure, it's proven that certain skills scale with IQ and there's enough correlation as well as established psychological theories to imply causation - but all in all it's still quite limited

I've met people with IQs of 110 who are simply more intelligent than me. I've also met a few guys with 130+ who I wasn't really convinced of - two of the three had social "issues" though.

as long as you're brain is working fine and you're capable of reasoning and understanding things at university level: the rest is simply learning and repeating - which boils down to willpower

in fact most successful/intelligent/respectable persons I know have an above-average amount of willpower in common

(sure there are some few genius individuals with IQs above 140 who can solve fucking differential equations in their head - but who cares)
>>
File: 1442364038879.jpg (341KB, 640x625px) Image search: [Google]
1442364038879.jpg
341KB, 640x625px
>>7701017
>126 IQ
>Still makes doesn't know when to use you're or your

>there are some few genius individuals with IQs above 140 who can solve fucking differential equations in their head

y'' + y = 0 <=> y = Asinx + Bcosx, am I a genie?

I'm pretty sure IQ is mainly a measure of how patient you are.

>>7701012
Nice sources you got there.
> 119.7 History
> 125.0 Philosophy
> 120.1 English/literature
> 120.0 Religion/theology
KEK!
>>
>>7701035
Meme all you want. It's based on GREs which is more accurate than fucking SATs
http://motls.blogspot.co.za/2006/03/iq-in-different-fields.html

Theology is not an easy major you euphoric fedora wearing faggot. Many of them have to learn 3 ancient languages. Philosophy also has it's challenges
>>
>>7701003
>the brain is a computer meme
>scishow meme
>neuroplasticity you can learn anything meme
>the brain is the powerhouse of cell meme
>"stop complaining on my sci!" meme
>do more science meme
>feynman meme
nice meme
>>
>>7700249
I failed high school A-Maths in O'level and A'Level so I dropped out and took up Business Studies. Now specializing in finance and statistics.

For some strange, I aced all the business maths and statistical analysis modules in my degree.
>>
>>7700249
*In the comment below you may find a lot of terrible english mistakes, anyway Im not native, I speak in english once a year so gtfo*

Listen me now you retard.
People are crying on /sci/ that the smart ones are not taking part in discussions, but now Im going to do so, so you better appreciate this.

Your IQ is not like your car engine, 220km/h is max and you cant do better.
I know a lot of great scienists that got rejected to Mensa and still they rock.
By doing math, physics, chemistry, or any other brain activity your IQ will raise, like your muscles when you work out.
The thing is that sometimes you will have to spend some more time on random problem than your buddy with 200 IQ which is completely normal.
Theres something wrong with that IQ thing on /sci/, everybody know theirs and their friends, like this guy who said "Im 160, but its okey when im talking with a guy who is 130, they are smart too" like wtf? Do you have your IQ on your ID or what??
Just stop that shit, even a guy with 90 IQ can achieve PhD in quantum physics, if he will work enough.
>>
File: fedora699.jpg (51KB, 265x450px) Image search: [Google]
fedora699.jpg
51KB, 265x450px
>>7701035
*tips fedora*

Theology is the most valuable degree one can attain you fucking nerd loser autist.

Pic related: You.
>>
>>7700249
its >>7701111 me again, I know what Im saying and Im not just a random guy from the internet, Im well known especially for people interested in chemistry/physics, I have seen a lot in my life and I have achieved a lot as well, so take my advice very serious: work as hard as you can, dont listen to idiots you will meet in your life, dont feel ashamed when you get F on test, dont feel ashamed if you dont know something that your friends know, just step by step, day after day learn, learn, learn, and sooner or later you will find that those people who laught, even if they seem to be smarter than you, are way behind you.
Remember, if you will give 100% with your 115 IQ, you will be better than a guy with 140 IQ that gives 80%.
I wish you the best!
>>
>who give a shit about IQ here
>>
>>7701115
You may think you're funny, but I'm not laughing.
>>
>>7701012
>114.0 Medicine
>128.0 Economics

>doubt.jpg
>>
>>7701176
actually I think its leggit,
Medicine is just memorising stuff, even diagnosing is based on your memory, all you do is following the scheme, thats what my mum says - she is md.
>>
>>7701012
>128.5 Computer Science

i made an iq test on the internet. got 85. actually doing cs degree. i am not a good student but i passed all exams even calc III. also i can speak 4 languages. so if i can do this with an iq of 85 what can people do with 120 or 140?
>>
>>7701210
ARe you one of those shitty Indian programmers?

Do you use PHP?
>>
>>7701176
It's not medicine as MD and B surgery B med.

It's nurses, medical sciences etc.

None of those are postgrads, it can't be for MDs, also probably "pre-meds" taking the GRE is mixed in.
>>
>>7701293
this

>>7701210
if you passed all calc 3 exams and still only have 85 IQ you either got extremely lucky on your exams or your only skills are information regurgitation

please stay in Asia you stupid fucking muck
>>
>>7701210
>i made an iq test on the internet. got 85.
You probably took one of those tests where they're trying to get you to sell you some brain exercise software. My IQ tested by a professional psychologist at 18y/o is 137 and I've gotten 75 on one of those internet tests, it actually had knowledge based questions in.
>>
>>7701293
>>7701315
>ARe you one of those shitty Indian programmers?
>please stay in Asia you stupid fucking muck
i am german. so thats the behaviour of the smartest people from /pol/ and /g/ combined.
>>
>>7701012
>compsci higher than any engineering
>chemE the hardest engineering

lol okay

(Majoring in chemE with a minor in compsci)
>>
>>7701359
>chemE the hardest engineering
It is at any good university at least.
>>
>>7700249
I'm not naturally stupid, I have to work hard at it. You're lucky OP.
>>
>>7701047
>euphoric fedora wearing faggot
holy shit I can't breathe. Best thing I've read in awhile anon, thank you
>>
>>7700249
To be honest, I highly doubt you even have an IQ that high.
Because if you did, you wouldn't be acting like this.
Only morons think this way.
>>
File: clint.gif (905KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
clint.gif
905KB, 240x228px
>>7700249
Threads like this are why I no longer visit /sci/ very often anymore. It really pains me to know that I share a board with people who take IQ as seriously as this fucking mongoloid.
Anyone in this thread who is actually arguing that IQ above an average level has ANYTHING to do with ability to succeed in a major should kill themselves.
Especially this fucking idiot >>7701012, like fucking seriousy? This is fucking dumbest post I've seen on /sci/ today, it better be fucking bait.
>Sociolog

>>7701458
Holy shit, are you fucking serious? Are you literally from Reddit?
>>
>>7701079
>meme meme
>>
>>7701490
>Anyone in this thread who is actually arguing that IQ above an average level has ANYTHING to do with ability to succeed in a major should kill themselves.

Sub 100 detected.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mainstream_Science_on_Intelligence

This stuff is decades old, there's no excuse to be as ignorant as you are in 2015.
>>
>>7701490
I was shiposting before, but I hope you don't actually believe that academic performance isn't mostly genetic because the evidence and modern research is completely against you and you're a feelgood anti-intellectual fuckwit that doesn't belong anywhere near a science board even in this shithole:

http://www.nature.com/srep/2015/150723/srep11713/full/srep11713.html
>>
>>7700253
No, I mean, stop complaining because your low-IQ means your perspective is inherently uninteresting. Start working, because toy ain't gonna get anywhere if you don't, and at least somebody should benefit from your parents' deranged choice to breed (your boss-somebody like me)
>>
>An IQ thread
Jeez, its like the other bazillion threads about IQ on /sci/. You faggots do understand IQ doesn't mean shit in the modern world? There are a lot of studies that have debunk the metric. This is why you don't take IQ test in school. IQ test are like lie detectors. They're pseudoscience shit that have been sold as "fact". This is someone with a Masters in EE.
>>
>>7700536

This. Had childhood IQ of 148, tested last year as 135 IQ. They divide ur raw score by ur age.
>>
Fact: anyone with an IQ less than 160 has absolutely NO place in STEM. Go wash dishes or something, but do not think you can become a scientist.
>>
>>7701490
>>7701458 #
Holy shit, are you fucking serious? Are you literally from Reddit?

Actually 8ch since their /sci/ sucks dick. I don't think it's nearly as funny now as when I posted that. Probably because I was in the break period from taking the Putnam and my brain was soup.
>>
File: 1343274649593.png (65KB, 735x684px) Image search: [Google]
1343274649593.png
65KB, 735x684px
>IQ 98

Get on my level, smartie.
>>
>>7701012
>114.0 Medicine

kek'd
>>
>>7701012
Where is law?
>>
>>7701799
Too low to be worth mentioning. It's all looking for loopholes, twisting the truth, and arguing.

It's childish.
>>
>>7701799
>>7701812
Read the fucking thread you retards it does not include postgrad degrees.
>>
>>7701814
Slob my knob, anon.
>>
>>7701785
>Philosophy 125 and Medicine 114

And you took it serious...
>>
>>7701750
two digits club
>>
>>7701830
uan dijs clp
>>
>>7701490
>This is fucking dumbest post I've seen on /sci/ today, it better be fucking bait.
There are Flat-Earthers and "UFOologists" on /sci/ right now. You should probably re-consider where you're setting the bar.
>>
115 isn't that low. As a kid I always got 115 in online tests and I'm pretty good in math too.
>>
>>7701012
>tfw I could do all of those
I'm pretty sure that list is bullshit though, especially because of medicine.
>>
>>7703693
>and I'm pretty good in math too.
How much do you know about modular forms?
>>
>>7700249
I normally don't give a shit about IQ but I think it's safe to say that ever since I started coming to this shithole in 09 it's dropped steadily ever since.
>>
File: cs degree.gif (142KB, 948x543px) Image search: [Google]
cs degree.gif
142KB, 948x543px
>>7700536
>mfw identified as gifted (140~ IQ, never got told my real number) at 10 or 11 or so, accepted into all the GATE programs and shit
>problem child, end up dropping out of high-school
>pissed away all dat young adult neuroplasticity on weed, amphetamines, alcohol and working in the trades
>dumb as fuck now
>childhood friends getting PhDs and getting published, too ashamed to hang out with them
>nothing but regret
wew lads

at least i'm managing to hack my way through a cs degree at the ripe old age of 24.

sorry for the blogposting, y-you can do it OP.
>>
>>7701012
Citation needed.
>>
The Third Law of Intelligence, discovered by Newton in 1944, clearly states that anything over 115-120 IQ was a waste of your build points. On average, you aren't going to be any happier or make any more money with a higher IQ.
>>
File: ITDONTMATTER.jpg (79KB, 599x489px) Image search: [Google]
ITDONTMATTER.jpg
79KB, 599x489px
>>7700249
I can work for 18 hours a day in the most grueling of labor(WAREHOUSING PC/PAY, HANDLE 300,000 LBS A DAY EASY) and not be tired mentally or physically now, and do that for five days out of the week at $15 an hour + overtime. I feel like this is my place, and that this is easily doable for 10 more years. but I can also grasp abstract concepts and mathematics really easily and I even started on learning secondary languages really early in life so now I'm working on my fifth language in my spare time. I don't want to do anything but work because then I don't have to think. thinking really bothers me because now I can't collect my thoughts really well. I have an awful memory and I forget what I did after about a week, but I have vague recollections, I'm only 25. there is no god, i feel like im living in fucking fight club. I can remember words and numbers of ideas and concepts, but aspects of time and when something happened in my life really escape me. it's scary to be alive anon, I'm trying to become ridiculously shredded so someone will be lured to care for me in my old age, and i feel pressured to never be unaesthetic so as to keep that lure going. my body is strong, my mind is willing, but my spirit is weak. it's funny because it's actually my poor performance in the willingness to think out anything that has multiple steps that i cant grasp immediately ( ie being able to grasp large concepts as a whole, to hold it all in the sphere of perception at the same time) that leads me to something easy like language, where everything is isolated...one word...it means this. that is the end of the sphere, it has no place on a map, it does not interact with other objects or bodies, language is easy because everything is a cell, but god i cant remember what i was doing a month ago, i can watch old shows like game of thrones that i saw three years ago for the first time again. someone hold me
i spent too long on this post but it feels good to tell
>>
File: 1445623922451.jpg (32KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1445623922451.jpg
32KB, 640x640px
>>7700249
>tfw IQ of 96
>always been a C student
>passed all my math classes with a C+ because I always did good on the final
>somehow make it through differential equations, Calc 3, linear, and a few bio math classes
>all for a BS in biology

I don't think I've ever used any of those classes. The closest I've ever come was some physical chemistry stuff.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.