[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your schedule next semester? First year student

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 36

What's your schedule next semester?

First year student here. Not 100% sure on major but thinking about Chemistry. What to expect out of Gen Chem. 1 and Calc 1? Also, I have to take either philosophy or psychology and I'm going philosophy, anyone have any opinions on Philosophy classes?
>>
>american government
>>
>>7697752
/pol/ Sci or American government is required and I did well in the high school class
>>
>>7697748
Well, I don't have a schedule next semester because I'm a horrible, lazy failure
but, I have taken both a psychology and a philosophy class before, and I personally enjoyed psychology more.
>>
>>7697748
>calc II
>discrete mathematics
>introductory astronomy class
>some 2-credit freshman mandatory class
>philosophy of person

All I have to do is endure one more semester before I'm getting the hell out of the liberal arts and transferring to a university
>>
>>7697761
Are you into politics or literature at all?
>>
generating functions
algorithm design and analysis
masters seminar (read a paper a week by world renowned meme-scientists in the field of complex systems and call it math)
>>
>>7697768
I hate politics, or politicians rather
but I am into literature, academic writing and analysis can get fucked though
>>
Circuit Analysis 2
Signals and Systems
Modeling & Simulation - Dynamic Simulations
Race Class & Gender
>>
>>7697780
What's your favorite book?
>>
>>7697748
/sci/ is not the place to ask about philosophy (or psychology, for that matter). Do some mild leisurely research on both and see which one sounds more appealing to you. Maybe read some literature from both.
>>
>>7697795
that's a tough decision, but I think I'd have to go with Kafka on the Shore
>>
>>7697748
Also, is "Ways of Knowing" an epistemology class? If so, I would personally urge you to take that.
>>
>>7697786
>Race Class & Gender
?
bait?
?
>>
>>7697816
I do believe so.

>>7697812
Yeah, I know but I just wanted to get opinions on it from people that are most likely not into non stem classes.

>>7697820
Most universities require a class like that.
>>
File: classes.png (21KB, 532x283px) Image search: [Google]
classes.png
21KB, 532x283px
>tfw have to take sociology for your last social science credit
>>
>Calculus II
>Set Theory
>Combinatorics
>Astronomy and Meteorology

Not sure about the Astronomy and Meteorology course, since I don't think I'll be very interested in the meteorology. Have been thinking about taking a moral philosophy course instead.
>>
>>7697748
Freshman Biology (Because I transfer with two many fucking credits, Need a science course)
Partial Differential Equations (Senior Sequence)
Probability( Fucking retaking the class)
Abstract Algebra
>>
>Can't decide between History with Law post-graduate, EE, or Pre-veterinary.
My schedule looks like an absolute clusterfuck, but I think I'm going to give the History a shot. Most of the credits transfer between degrees, anyways in the first year. A lot of the basics that are shared across all majors (English Comp, Cal 1, World History, some poly science)
>>
>>7697748
Calc2
Jr writing
Stats
Cognitive neuroscience(bio perspective)

Want to add a 5th but have always dropped a 5th in the past. Math major Psych Minor. Been putting off calc2
>>
>>7697748
>Methods of Applied Math (Diff Equations)
>Intro to software engineering
>Dynamics and Vibrations
>Introduction to Discrete Structures and Probability
>Electrical Circuits and Signals

Pretty Heavy but I'm trying to graduate quickly
>>
>calc2
>analytical geometry 2
>mechanics lab
>vectorial mechanics
>programing
>algebra 2
>>
ack, I should deal with that tomorrow, huh?

I don't know. I only need one more credit course before I have my associates (don't judge me, I wanted it) and transfer credits, which is discrete math, but I'm suppose to be full time, and I don't know how that'll affect my grant.

Anyone got any suggestions? I'm going for a transfer into a computer science major as a junior, but I feel like I've had everything "but" computer science. Just an introductory programming course, two C++-based computer science courses, and one data structures course in python.
Everything else has been meeting the engineering college's universal requirements for things like physics, math, and chemistry.
>>
>precalc
>orgchem I lab and lecture
>history (undecided)
>pharmacology
>>
w-work, no classes
>>
>>7697903
>precalc
Pleb course. Just take college trig.
I had like 3 people who always complained in my calc class whenever trig was involved (and it's involved often enough to make it an issue). I didn't bitch at all. Know the difference? I had trig and they had pre calc. The logic you can take away from a pure trig course is invaluable.
>>
>>7697822
>Most universities require a class like that.
In america maybe lmao
>>
>>7697909
Not the guy you're responding to, but those are commonly the same course.

Only time they're split up here ( is for summer schedules, and students still need both of them to satisfy the prereqs for calc.
>>
>>7697909
I'm taking a college alg/trig course right now at my cc.

I lost my grants to my 4 year cause I bombed my Calc I final with a 50, so I withdrew from the uni to drill everything from the basics up back into my head.

I love math, I just need to make more time to practice it. It doesn't come as easily to me as other subjects such as chemistry.
>>
>>7697752

American Government is actually a good class
>>
File: scheduleupdate.png (34KB, 938x698px) Image search: [Google]
scheduleupdate.png
34KB, 938x698px
>tfw you can easily find out where i go
>>
>>7697914
That's rough. They just yanked everything from you with one F?
Good luck, bud. That's how you can tell someone is going far in life. They get back up after they eat gravel.
>>
How much trig to expect in Calc 1?
>>
>>7697936
It sucks, but yeah if my mom wasn't such a great person I'd have given up and enlisted already

If you want some of the story:

Once I got the email that my grant privledge has been revoked I almost cried. I remember leaving the house in a red faced rage and just running until I was out of breath. I was so stressed until my semester at cc started. I lashed out at everyone who got close and worked three jobs, sleeping about 5-6 hours a night.

So once CC started my mom asked me where I'm going to transfer to once I get my head back in the game.

Long story short, that woman has been through more shit than I'd ever been and I had no idea. I'd take a bullet for that saint
>>
>Intro to PDEs
>Mathematical Methods for Physicists & Engineers
>Intro to Modern Algebra
>Applied Modeling
>Intro to Problem Solving with Computers I

Seems like it might be rough but it might be cool..
>>
File: Janusz-Palikot.jpg (35KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
Janusz-Palikot.jpg
35KB, 640x430px
>>7697938
That's kinda like asking "how much multiplication to expect in Calc 1?"
The answer is "yes."
It's admittedly a LOT more pronounced in Calc II though, when you have to do trig substitutions and identities to solve integrals (arguably the funnest part of that class to me).
>>
>>7697938
expect your math chops to be put on trial, every area from k-12 and you have to work hard if you want that A
>>
>>7697936
>>7697954
>touching moments from /sci/
>>
>>7698050
>trig substitutions and identities

I struggle with these. Any recommendations on how to get then down or best way to learn them?
>>
soft engineering
discrete math
calc 3
phys w/ calc 1
>>
>>7698060
practice is the best
>>
>thinking about being a chemistry major and starting gen chem and calc I a semester late

Good luck senpai. I'm a third year chem (and dramatic art) major and I sense a very sore and raw anus in your next few semesters if you decide to be a chem major. If you're thinking about med school and you can do well then stick with it. But if you're trying to find a job that's chemistry related go into either materials or chemical engineering.

>Polymer Chemistry
>Metabolic Chemistry and Cellular Regulatory Networks
>Quantum Chemistry and Mass Spectrometry
>Organometallics and Catalysis
>Synthetic Chemistry Lab
>Studies in Dramatic Theory and Criticism

Just fuck my shit up. Luckily after next semester I'll be done with all of my chemistry classes except for two labs so I can fuck around all senior year taking theatre classes.
>>
Computer Engineering

Computer Systems Design Studio
Systems and Control
Intro to Probability
Electronic Circuits
Operating Systems
>>
>>7697820
Required Ethnics Studies course. It satisfies 3 GE requirements so I'm fine with being culturally enriched.
>>
>>7697986
What's your major? Those all sound really interesting.
>>
>>7697748
>General Chemistry II + Lab
>Ethics in Cyber Security
>Introduction to Computer Engineering
>Theory of Computation
>something else
I was registered for Circuit Analysis, but the class was cancelled due to too few students taking the course. I'll probably take up thermodynamics as an elective or do something more fun like comparative languages, architecture, or AI.
Junior in undergrad
>>
Linear Algebra/DiffEQ
Intro to QM
Intro to Thermo
Analytical Chem
Some baby programming class

Should be pretty ez.
>>
>>7698151
topkek. literally all my classes verbatim.
>>
File: migo.png (8KB, 220x283px) Image search: [Google]
migo.png
8KB, 220x283px
heres me

anyone have a good book/video lecture series for signals & systems?

had the same guy for circuit analysis and hes a total buffoon. Couldnt explain his way out of a wet paper bag
>>
Scientific Computing (graduate)
Analysis of Variance
Business Writing
Bullshit History

my last quarter as a CS + stats undergrad, glad to be done
>>
>>7698158
Dank. Wots your major m8?
>>
>>7698200
double major in pure math and physics.
>>
>>7697748
I don't have one. I'm fucking done with college.
>>
Calc 3
Quantum Chem
Analytical Chem
Advanced Orgo
and some babby's first compsci class.
>>
Gen Chem 1 focuses a lot on basic properties of atoms. You'll likely study molecular orbital theory as well as general atomic properties and trends of the Periodic Table.

You'll also study several other topics, including basic chemical reactions, thermochemistry, molecular structures, catalysis, and a few others. It's been a few years so I don't exactly remember everything

Calc 1: derivatives, derivatives, derivatives. Integrals as well. Fundamental theorem of calculus.

/thread
>>
File: schedule.png (8KB, 122x250px) Image search: [Google]
schedule.png
8KB, 122x250px
Next semester is gonna be hard
>>
>intro to academic english
>intro to statistics
>linear algebra 1
>analysis 1
>modal logic

Ayy lmao
>>
>Molecular Biology 2
>Physical Chemistry 1
>Physicas 2 and Lab
>Independent study
>TA assistant in General Chemistry 2

I got shafted scheduling-wise, so my schedule's pretty light
>>
Maths Major here; planning to do a double major in pure and applied mathematics with a minor in statistics.

Is this okay an curriculum for undegrad maths? is it bad? average? good? Please tell me, or critique me. I want to be a pure mathematician, but I don't like physics, and programming.

> Next Semester

* Contemporary Linear Algebra (Pure/Applied/Statistics)
* Abstract Algebra and Number Theory I (Pure)
* Real Analysis (Pure)
* Stochastic Calculus and Brownian Motion (Statistics)

> 2nd Semester 2016.

* Differential Equations (Applied)
* Abstract Algebra and Number Theory II (Pure)
* Functional Analysis (Pure)
* Complex Analysis and Integral Transforms (Pure/Applied)

Last year of Undergad

> 1st Semester 2017.

* Partial Differential Equations (Applied)
* Fluid Dynamics (Applied)
* Differential Geometry (Pure)
* Random Processes (Statistics)

> 2nd Semester 2017.
* Advanced Ordinary Differential Equations (Applied)
* Mathematical Modelling (Applied)
* Time Series (Statistics)
* Intermediate Proofs (Pure)

What do you guys think? Am I fucked? Or not?
>>
File: afasdf.png (15KB, 743x130px) Image search: [Google]
afasdf.png
15KB, 743x130px
i go to a shitty small uni and might have to drop vector analysis if it doesnt get enough people. i dont know what ill replace it with, probably just another math
>>
Real analysis (graduate)
Complex analysis (graduate)
Stochastic processes
Riemann surfaces
>>
What is it with Americans taking so many irrelevant courses?
In Europe when you study x, you primarily study courses directly related to x
>>
Food Chemistry II
Food Engineering II
Food Science Colloquium
Sensory Evaluation

+Research
>>
Organic Chemistry I (If I pass this final)
Calc I
Public speaking
Some philosophy class
>>
>>7697913
Here, you have to take them separately if you didn't take trig in high school, so I sit through two math classes in a row. Most of the tests have been on the same days too, but luckily the finals are on different days.
>>
Some philosophy class I dont even remember
Mathematical methods in Physics 2
Experimental physics 4( nuclear physics with error analysis and some crap with nanoscale physics) - my teacher for this one is some old nuclear physicist who actually discovered an isotope for his PhD work.
Weekly colloquium
Foundations of higher mathematics
Undergrad Thesis in physics (topic is gauge field theory of the standard model)

Gotta love being a senior. Im done with all those "required" courses.
>>
Experimental surface physics
Semiconductor physics
Physics of soft materials
Hydrogen energy and fuel cells
Nanolithography
>>
>Anatomy III
>Medical Physiology II
>Radiology
>Introduction to Clinical Practice
>General Microbiology and Parasitology
>Human Biochemistry and Biophysics

2nd year undergrad med student
>>
*Analysis 2
*Electromagnetism & Optics
*Intro to CS (Elective)
*Technical CS (Elective)
*Numerical Methods in Physics (Elective)
>>
Physics
Discrete Mathematics
Mathematics I ( Calculus )
Logic Design I
Technology and Computer Programming
>>
File: Untitled.png (60KB, 461x701px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
60KB, 461x701px
I guess it's alright for an engineer
>>
>>7697920
>penn state detected
>>
>>7698202
Nice. That seems like a pretty common dual major. I'm chemistry and ChemE
>>
>>7697868
R u a comp eng? Or comp sci with a comp eng minor?
>>
File: IMG_20151204_112937.jpg (141KB, 1080x936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151204_112937.jpg
141KB, 1080x936px
BIOL 2001 - animal behaviour w/lab session. Working with mice and dissecting etc
CHEM 2204 - Organic chem part 2
CHEM 2501 - Inorganic chem
BIOL 2104 - Genetics
NEUR 2002 - Statistics and research methods in neuro (ezpz class)
>>
>>7698418
How were your 2nd year uni undergrad marks? My first year was meh but I'm on pace for a pretty decent 2nd year. Some people say med school only worries about 3rd and 4th and others say all years are important. It gives me hope when people say they had a shitty 2nd year and still got into med school.
>>
>>7698214
>Advanced Orgo

Synthesis or mechanisms?
>>
>>7698720
That looks like a pretty fun and interesting schedule imo. How was Chem your first years?
>>
>>7698742
Basically all throughout highschool I didn't really like chem but I ended up loving chem in university. If it wasn't for the calculus prereqs, I would've switched my major to it honestly. 1st semester was alright, it was basically just more in depth review of things you learned in highschool. But I had a really good prof so he just explained things so much better and everything finally clicked and made sense. Two things that really stuck out was a simple "derivation" of the entropy equations to see where that comes from and when we got into molecular orbital theory. Everything made a lot more sense suddenly and you can start to visualize what's actually going on with the chemistry.

Tldr 1st semester may seem dry as its a lot of simple math questions to get an answer, but 2nd semester goes a bit more into theory and its a lot more interesting.
>>
>>7698763
What textbook did you use?
>>
>Calc 2
>Physics with Calc 1
>Social Problems
>English 2
>>
>>7698826
I didn't use a textbook :^)
Whichever one they give you its all the same anyway, all are equally good. If you don't understand something, go to the textbook. If you don't like that explanation, go to the internet.
>>
Do any of you take notes on a tablet or laptop or do you stick to paper notes? I've always done paper but I feel like I'd look over them more on a tablet.
>>
I'm a ChemE major.

Organic Chemistry II
Process Analysis and Design (essentially ODE)
Engineering Mechanics
Mass and Energy Balance II
>>
>>7699078
I like pen and paper and I try to take minimal notes and try to just listen instead
>>
NUCL 520 - Radiation Effects and Reactor Materials
NUCL 450 - Senior Design
MA 304 - PDEs and Analysis of Nonlinear Systems
POL 237 - Modern Weapons in International Relations
CS 159 - Intro to C Programming
>>
>>7699099
>POL 237 - Modern Weapons in International Relations
This is actually a real class. What the fuck...
>>
>>7699078
>taking notes
>>
>>7699108
yeah, about how modern weapons has changed the way we imagine foreign policy and dealing with other countries. there are also classes like "society culture and rock and roll" or "hate and violence" non STEM courses are a joke
>>
File: shrek.jpg (517KB, 1280x993px) Image search: [Google]
shrek.jpg
517KB, 1280x993px
>PDEs
>wave, Laplace, Poisson, diffusion and Schrödinger equations
>Fourier series and orthogonal functions
>Bessel functions and Legendre polynomials
>Fourier Transforms
>Dirac Delta Functions

At last I am no longer learning Babby math

Any recommended reading?
>>
>>7699124

Where do you go to school
>>
>>7699124
>At last I am no longer learning Babby math
Are you sure about that?
>>
>>7698344
Looks good to me.
>>
>>7698344
>that weak as fuck courseload
s m h
t b h
f a m
>>
>>7698407
>Undergrad Thesis in physics (topic is gauge field theory of the standard model)
I'd be interested in that topic as well. Can you tell us more about your thesis?
>>
File: Logo_Mines_CSM.jpg (38KB, 457x461px) Image search: [Google]
Logo_Mines_CSM.jpg
38KB, 457x461px
Fluid Mechanics II
Feedback Control Systems
Intro to Engineering Materials
Intro to IC Engines
Heat Transfer
Manufacturing Processes
>>
>>7698344
>I want to be a pure mathematician, but I don't like physics, and programming.
Then why are you taking so many goddamned applied courses? It's like you're trying to become a shitty engineer.

If your university doesn't offer more undergrad courses look into taking grad classes.
>>
Most likely:
>Riemann Surfaces
>Intro to Modern Number Theory
>Intro to Algebraic Geometry
>Model Theory
Possibly:
>Combinatorics of Coxeter Groups
>Riemannian Geometry
>>
What's a well paying hiring career that I can get out of a Chem major. Graduates degree is fine.
>>
>>7699220
if all you wanted was a good paying job, you should have just gone into the trades.

also, Chemical Engineering, but you fucked that up too.
>>
>Quantum Mechanics II
>General Relativity
>Thermal and Statistical physics
>Utopian/dystopian film (gen ed requirement)

Finishing up that based physics undergrad.
>>
>>7699239
ChemE has nothing to do with Chemistry, only retards think the two are connected.
>>
>>7699245
no, but engineering is legally defined, so getting your undergrad in Chem E and going to do your masters in w/e the fuck else you want is the best way to maximize your career opportunities.
>>
>>7699142
you never stop doing baby math
>>
>>7699249
What does that matter? You should not have mentioned it in your post. Not everyone wants to go through all the other bullshit chemes have to do.

He's asking about chemistry careers, you might as well have said "yeah, well you should've done law faggot".
>>
calculus 2
molecular biology 2
mathematical biology (hopefully)
experimental molecular biology (maybe)
>>
Psychological research experience
Calculus 1
Organic 2
Physiology of Psychology
Neuropsychology
Principles of Learning

I'll drop one of the bottom two but I haven't decided which one. I'd love the neuropsychology class but with calc and organic 2 it might be too much and be better to save it for next semester.
>>
>>7699239
I'm obviously not choosing a career for the money, I love chemistry but want to know what the best paying field in chemistry is so I know what to expect especially with current unemployment and all.
>>
File: 1444945420732.png (483KB, 497x732px) Image search: [Google]
1444945420732.png
483KB, 497x732px
>seniors at my school get to register before everyone else
>they register for like 25 credits worth of classes
>then they drop 4 classes right at the drop date based on whats easiest
>juniors get waitlisted for fucking everything and have to scramble with the registrars office to get the classes they need

this is bullshit. and whats worse is faggots will "hold" slots for lower classmen friends.
>>
>>7699277
Academia is actually the best paying route for chemistry which is part of the reason it's so competitive. PhD level industry fluctuates, but is generally so oversaturated both your salary and employment prospects are low. It's likely you will end up in a QC or other analytical chem type job if you stay in chemistry unless you are extremely talented.
>>
Fluid mechanics
Machine elements III
Construction/Design theory I
Construction project II
Principles of electrical engineering II
Physics B
Scientific programming (Matlab)
Automation technology
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand
Product Development

Kill me...
>>
>>7699280
Well, university programmes without rigid course structure in general are shit. I know there are a few "exceptions" with highly rated schools, but those programmes are still retarded despite the good reputation of the researchers.
>>
Linear Algebra II
Diff eq
Operating systems
Discreet math
Statistical inference
Database management
>>
>>7697748
I think you'd be better off with a psychology class since most philosophy classes are just not worth the money considering how easy the information is to find. Useful psychology data is a pain to shift through though.

If you do decide on a psychology class then I'd recommend social psychology if you want to learn useful people skills, personality psychology if you want to learn how personality and social interactions tend to interact and behavior modifications can be useful for learning basic and useful behavioral modification techniques mostly for yourself or someone close that will listen to you.
>>
Internship baby
>>
File: 1449247546586.jpg (58KB, 639x269px) Image search: [Google]
1449247546586.jpg
58KB, 639x269px
Literally done with all my classes. Now I just need to finish up my master thesis.
>>
>>7699291
Doesn't matter to much at an undergraduate level family
>>
>>7698233
Lol no
>>
>>7697914
lol americans
>>
>>7698344
Drop the statistics and take grad courses in PURE MATH instead.
>>
File: Untitled.png (7KB, 456x129px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
7KB, 456x129px
Three short term online classes and Chemistry 101. I'm also on the waitlist for the same Chemistry class, but with a better professor. Additionally, I am also on the waitlist for Physics I. If I don't get it, I'm going to a different CC and take Physics there. I already applied for CSU Long beach, SDSU, and CP Pomona. Hopefully one of them accepts me if I complete Physics I. I already have 60+ credits. tfw I got my fourth exam for Differential Equations and got a 98%. Total points in the class is 1000, and I have 702 points, so if I get a 0 on the final, I still pass with a C. tfw I'll be done with Math and I started with Elementary algebra. Hopefully one of those colleges that I applied to will accept me. computer engineer major btw.
>>
>>7697748
>Data Structures
>Theory of Computation
>Database Systems
>Computer Architecture
>Physics 2 (Quantum Mechanics, Semiconductors)
>Physics of Telecommunications
>Calculus 3 (Multivariable)
>>
>>7699397
It does at institutions where your undergrad degree is actually worth something.
>>
>>7699147
Thanks man.

>>7699150
I've done Calc I-III, discrete maths, measure theory (probability/statistics), basic proofs , and my first year done filled with Chemistry I/II and Physics I/II as electives. Took me a 1.5 years to complete.

What makes the course weak? I want to know, this is the only state university where they offer the pure maths program :/, and I can't move.

Thanks for your input though :).

>>7699177
>>7699413
I simply like mathematics, but the college/university wants me to take a double major and a minor to complete my degree. I don't want to take a natural science and programming major; it doesn't stimulate me well.

As for the grad course, I'm taking one, and it's functional analysis (it's a level 5 course). That's it.

The pure maths curriculum is this.

* Basic Proofs
* Intermediate Proofs
* Calculus I, II, and III
* Discrete Maths
* Measure Theory
* Linear Algebra
* Abstract Algebra I and II
* Number Theory I and II
* Real Analysis
* Complex Analysis
* Functional Analysis

Thanks for your input, guys.
>>
Old guy going back to college part time.

Second semester calc based physics
Organic chem 2
>>
>>7699708
>What makes the course weak?
>4 courses per semester
>>
Physical Chemistry
Heat-Flow Analysis
Introductory Sociology - might change for no friday classes
Nuclear Fuel Cycles
Introduction to Nuclear Reactor Systems
>>
Quantum and Nonlinear Optics
Intro to Plasma Physics
Abstract Algebra
Random history class

It's my last semester and I'm done with my major reqs so just taking electives that sound interesting.
>>
Last semester!

Economic Forecasting
Principals of Transportation (more Econ)
Business school capstone

Then I can graduate and not find a job.
>>
>>7699895
Workload for my maths major is 3 - one hour lectures and two hours tutorials. The average is 20 to 22 hours of coursework a week. Planning to study 40 hours a week next year.
>>
>>7697920
you should drop the fuck out kiddo
>>
Physical Chemistry Lab
General Biochemistry 2
Biophysical Chemistry
Linear Algebra
Differential Equations
Mathematical Structures (Intro to Proofs)

Its only 16 credits but it seems like much more. Oh well it will be a fun semester, all classes seem interesting.
>>
>>7699078
It's been proved that taking notes on paper helps memorization in ways that typing doesn't.
>>
File: 1445677935565.png (7KB, 429x78px) Image search: [Google]
1445677935565.png
7KB, 429x78px
>>7697748
Only 12 units this semester.
>>
>>7697826
I wish I could say it wasn't that bad anon. I wish. Just echo the bullshit back at the professor and you'll do fine.
>>
>>7699953

Ayyy, I go to that community college, too.
>>
>>7700013
Not sure if real, or baiting me to post the name. You first anon.
>>
>>7697920
how did sandusky's cock taste like?
>>
Currently registered for:

Microelectronic Circuits 1 + lab
Engineering Electromagnetics 2 + lab
Intro Digital Image Processing
Linear Feedback Control Systems + lab

May or may not try to hunt down a project to work on as well.
>>
>>7700015

Mt. S__ J______
>>
>>7700048
oh wow. small world. Are you taking any programming classes?
>>
>non-commutative geometry
>p-adic string theory
>Inter-Universal Teichmuller theory
>motivic cohomology
>>
>>7700054

A c++ programming course, but at a different community college. I couldn't get into any here. mfw trying to get into a class here is like trying to find God.
>>
>>7700069
I know that feel all too well. I took pre-calc when I started summer 2014. I didn't get into a Calc class until Spring 2016 lel. Literally register the minute it opens up, that is the only way I've found to get what I need.

Also, if your c++ class was online there's a good chance you've seen me posting there.
>>
>>7700069
>>7700075
nvm misread that. You didn't take the C++ at this school.
>>
>>7700057
I am proud to be familiar with all those topics except IUT.
>>
>>57512465
Saint Joseph. Give me the Nobel
>>
File: 1428715833346.jpg (49KB, 759x508px) Image search: [Google]
1428715833346.jpg
49KB, 759x508px
Introduction To Thermodynamics
Computational Methods in Chemical Engineering
Material and Energy Balances
Analytical Chemistry
Electrical Circuit Analysis

How fucked am I?
>>
>>7698738
It sounds like the course will have a strong emphasis on mechanisms and reagents. Also seems like there's a fair bit on instrumentation.
>>
>tfw go to shitty uni
>tfw not allowed to register for courses outside of major for bullshit reasons
>tfw when prerequisites enforced to hold babbys hand and make sure he does not fail
>tfw schedule force filled with mundane ezpz courses that are just a pain in the ass

Does anyone know this feel? I've already lost a lot of motivation for going to a shit uni, but this is really pushing it. Fuck it. Hope I get hit by a car or something lel
>>
>MTH 440: Analysis Part 2: Electric Boogaloo
>CSC 214: Data Structures
>CSC 241: Computer Architecture
>CSC 330: Discrete Structures

I would have also taken Number Theory, but I know I'm gonna get raped in Analysis II so I decided to take it easy next semester. Math and CS major btw
>>
>>7700107
Sort of know this feel. I can't take anything outside of my educational plan for my major or I lose financial aid.

This happened because I mistakenly declared my educational goal as a cert instead of a degree and went over the credits limit for pursuing a cert. Basically my own fault (and the retarded online form that would not fucking let me submit my educational goal as a degree), but I'm still salty that they act like I need my hand held when I've got a solid 4.0.
>>
I love how everyone here is a freshman.

My schedule:
A topics course on forcing
A topics course in algebraic geometry
Functional analysis
A course on game theory for funsies
A course on general relativity for funsies
>>
File: rfskKoC.jpg (21KB, 289x292px) Image search: [Google]
rfskKoC.jpg
21KB, 289x292px
>ctrl+f "chemistry"
>34 hits

This shocked me considering how little noise there is on the board related to chemistry or chemists. There is usually one large organic thread every week or two, and when it is alive it is usually one of the best threads on /sci/ in terms of actual discussion to shitposting ratio. Chem and ChemE majors are the most based demographic on /sci/.

>all the mechE and EE majors constantly shitpost trying to validate their degrees
>math/phys majors constantly taking the bait desperately trying to display superior intellect to said engineers majors
>mfw when chem majors keep to the /orgo/ threads and related topical discussions
>>
>>7700126
>not even daring to mention the CS/EE masterrace
Yeah, I thought so, kek
>>
>>7700126
And then there’s the one nukebro who just wants people to know nuclear engineering exists.
>>
File: 1432219048884.jpg (77KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1432219048884.jpg
77KB, 500x700px
>>7700098
JUST
>>
>>7700015
>>7700048
>>7700054
>>7700069
mtjacintofags pls go
>>
>>7700153
>I'll be going to a UC in 2017
:^)
>>
>>7698728
I'm sorry, I don't think I can answer you.
In the US, as far as I know, you're first supposed to study another degree before applying to medical school. But I'm studying in Europe, where Medicine is considered an undergrad degree that lasts 6-7 years (so, when I said I was a 2nd year undergrad med student,it actually meant what it meant).
Another anon might know the answer though?
>>
>>7699078
>>>7699951
Even if I prefer taking notes by hand, if I were to do that I'd never be able to write everything that my teachers say. So, in the end, I've been using my laptop most of the time.
>>
>>7697748
>chemistry
Do you really want to fuck your life up that bad?
Do Engineering or avoid STEM completely and just learn this shit as a hobby.
Finance is where it's at
>>
File: sping2016.png (179KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
sping2016.png
179KB, 1280x800px
>>7697748
I fucking hate my life and this shit major
commuting to school every day sucks ass
>>
>>7700267
>Krebs
>Teaching intro to theater and not anything biology related
What a wasted opportunity
>>
>>7700267
At least you're not an Abelian student.
>>
Nothing. Graduating in two weeks.
>>
>MA 412 - Abstract Algebra II
>EN 211 - College Composition II
>CS 222 - Data Structures
>CS 330 - Micro Architecture

Normally I'd be taking differential equations next semester but the only professor teaching it is awful so I'm putting it off until next fall
>>
>>7697838
Ayyy nice. Similar boat.
>Abstract Algebra
>Probability Theory
>Cognitive Psychology
>Data Structures
>Intro to linguistics
>>
>Astronomy and Astrophysics 2
>Observational Astronomy
>Fundamentals of Optical Imaging
>Intro to Thermodynamics
>Math Methods for Science and Engineering
>Principles of Business
>>
second semester

>remedial math
>classical mythology
>composition 2
>world civ ii

remedial math at community college is absolute hell if only i could actually die of the embarrassment
>>
>>7700482
Jesus. I would pick on you for even posting on /sci/ with this schedule but I feel bad about you.
>>
>>7700107

>lost motivation for going to a shit uni

i feel this feel every time I walk to a class at my uni
>>
>>7699285

9? 9 fucking classes? You people meme way to hard with these schedule threads

9 fucking classes? Let me see your weekly view schedule, im just dying to see what 9 mother fucking classes a semester looks like
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>>7699167

I would kill to finish my EE degree here

this guys video lectures are so based
>>
>>7697748

>discrete mathematics
>data structures - in CS
>statistics I
>elective requirement
>>
>This semester
Quantum Theory I
Number Theory
Thermodynamics/Statistical Mechanics
Complex Analysis
Electricity and Magnetism
>Next semester
Quantum Theory II
Numerical Analysis
Electricity and Magnetism II
Circuits I
Undergrad Research
>>
Still a freshie

Calc III
Statics
Solid Modeling
General Chem (I was dumb when I took Chem in high school, okay?)
>>
Advanced Calculus
Numerical Methods
Sensors and Instrumentation
Introduction to Computer Structures and Real-Time Systems
Linear Systems and Signals

This term is supposed to be hell.
>>
File: calendarcrop.png (36KB, 913x469px) Image search: [Google]
calendarcrop.png
36KB, 913x469px
What am I in for? Am I going to have a good time?
>>
>analytical chemistry lab II
>hydrochemistry
>atmospheric analytical chemistry

and of course, work on my thesis
thinking about adding chemical engineering for more versatility
>>7700353
actually lol'd
>>
>organic chem II lab
>Advanced spectroscopy techniques
>environmental systems
>thermodynamics, waves, optics

Kinda want to do chem too, bio seems boring so far, but not autist enough for math and physics
>>
>>7697748
>taking only 5 courses

Pathetic
>>
3rd year comp sci

- object-oriented software engineering
- artificial intelligence
- ordinary differential equations I
- neuro-sensory processes
- cognitive physcilogy
>>
I'll pretty much definitely be doing Mathematics for Electrical Engineers #2 (linear algebra and differential equations mostly), as well as Introduction to Programming in C. Not sure about what I'll be doing beyond that though.

I'm in a kinda tricky situation since I couldn't actually take a lot of classes this semester as a result of cripple-itis and frequent hospital visits fucking up my schedule - consequently, I won't be able to attend any of the physics or engineering classes from my own curriculum as entry-level classes are only offered during the winter semesters. My uni is pretty liberal about students attending classes from other curriculums though, so I'm thinking about either picking up a class or two from the Mathematics or Theoretical Physics curriculums.

Doing the former would be pretty straight-forward since they'd mostly be built around things I've already been studying in my own curriculum, just significantly more in-depth - I've been pretty fond of my engineering math classes so far so I'm pretty sure I'd enjoy the full math major ones as well. Doing the latter would let me take an introductory electronics class right away instead of forcing me to wait 'till next winter, though the class in question expects you to already have some college-level proficiency with differential equations and integrals which I'm not entirely confident I'll have at that point. I probably could get myself to that point during the holidays, but it'd be a bit of a gamble. Thoughts?
>>
>>7700789
can only take 6 and I'm waiting for a class to open
>>
>Hydrology
>Soil Mechanics
>Reinforced Concrete Design
>Sustainability

Civil Eng is pretty fun senpai
>>
>>7700794
>physcilogy
you're comp sci alright
>>
Fourth semester here.
There is no schedule yet, but these are the courses I'd like to attend. I'll probably reduce them down to about a half once the timetables are out.
>>
>>7700094
What are you waiting for then?
>>
Anyone here majoring in something like finance or actuarial?
>>
File: Untitled.png (17KB, 893x213px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
17KB, 893x213px
Anyone here going to SDCC? I'm gonna go there to take a Physics course and they seem to have the same professor for two different classes at different openings, but same time. How does this work?
>>
>>7700142
Lol this is true.
>>
Anatomy and Physiology 2
Physical Chemistry
Statistics
Biochemistry
>>
>Multi-variable and Complex Calculus
>Differential Equations
>Probability and Statistics II
>Abstract Algebra
>>
>>7701085
I am a physics student. There is no reason for me to try to even learn the basics of IUT considering it has no application and I probably won't understand it.
>>
>>7697748
Partial Differential Equations II
Lasers & Photonics
Quantum Optics
Nuclear & Particle Physics
Topics in Applied Mathematics
Along with two projects, one physics based and one applied maths based.
>>
>>7697748
>Calculus 2
>Analytic geometry 2
>College algebra 2
>Graphs & games
>Modern geometry 1 because I failed kek
>>
Groups, Rings and Modules
Complex Methods
Electromagnetism
Fluid Mechanics
>>
>Ancient Greek/Roman Humanities
>Multivariable Calc II
>Abstract Algebra
>Algorithms + Data Structures
>Idea of the State

bonus points to whoever guesses the school
>>
lin alg 1
intro analysis 2 (assuming i don't bombl my final in a week)
cs 102
stats 1
some crappy mandatory public speaking course

life isnt going to be too exciting for a while
>>
>>7702188

UChicago
>>
File: sched.png (15KB, 522x354px) Image search: [Google]
sched.png
15KB, 522x354px
Should I do a double major in physics, /sci/? I'm majoring in math regardless, but obviously don't know what I will end up doing so there's no guarantee it will have anything to do with physics.

All of these science classes are a fucking pain. I hate labs, I hate recitation.
>>
>>7702276
Oh, and I'm dropping one of either chem or physics and taking it during the summer. Need to talk to my advisor first. I don't hate myself.
>>
>>7702276

No do engineering so you can get the seal of the king.
>>
Civil engineering student here.
Spring Semester
>calculus III
>physics with calculus I
>physics with calculus I lab
>introduction to public speaking
>health and wellness
Summer Term
>differential equations
>physics with calculus II
>physics with calculus II lab

How fucked am I this summer?
>>
(first year PhD student)
- Computation Chemistry
- Lab Techniques 1
- Physical Chemistry Seminar
- Project Teach (TAing will suck)
>>
Intro to Smooth Manifolds
Intro to Galois Theory and Homological Algebra
Intro to Philosophy
Intro to Literature

Is this too meme of a semester? I was considering adding a Complex Analysis class.
>>
Where do you commute from?

I'm a grad student at cuny, i go to the grad center (on 33rd st, nobody knows it exists), from 118th st, I have a relatively ok commute this semester.

next year i have to go to queens college though. fuck
>>
>>7702500

oops, I meant to quote:

>>7700267
>>
>Analytical Chem 2
>Phys Chem 2
>Calc 3
>Organic Chem 2
>Critical Thinking (Philosophy)
>>
>>7697748

>intro to ECE
>circuits analysis 1
>calc 3
>eng physics 2
>dynamics (waitlisted last i checked) >.<
>macroeconomics (fucking humanities requirements)
>>
>>7702479
Shit, where at? Arkansas must be retarded, we only had to take Physics 1 as a gen ed. Also had a choice between Cal 3 and Linear.

DifEQ ain't that bad though. Partials are kind of a bitch. Usually summer courses cut some slack though
>>
>Linear Algebra
>Discrete Structure
>Microeconomics
>maybe an independent study in real analysis
>>
>>7698239
I'm taking stats and lin alg too ^^ I'm also taking an algorithms class and cybersecurity
>>
File: 1425593000853.jpg (2MB, 3060x1992px) Image search: [Google]
1425593000853.jpg
2MB, 3060x1992px
Organic chem II
Molecular biology
Virology
Ethics of Medicine
Molecular Pathology Research Project
Molecular Pathogenic Research Project
>>
>>7697748
Chem 1, phys 2, statics, calc 2
>>
>>7702652
First of all, underage b&. Secondly, I seriously doubt you're taking calculus bc. Thirdly, college board doesn't offer anything higher than the college equivalent of chemistry 1.
>>
>>7702595
I'm at Broward College in south Florida since I got my admission offer rescinded from FSU. I passed 15 AP exams in high school though so I only need 2 classes (health & wellness and intro to public speaking) to get an Associate's of Arts. To transfer into University of Florida's college of engineering though, I need 7 gen ed classes, which are Chemistry I, Physics w/ Calculus I & II, Calculus I, II, & III, and Differential Equations.

Btw thanks for the heads up about summer classes and DiffEq. I was expecting to bust my balls over the summer. Maybe it won't be as bad as I thought.
>>
>>7701430
yes but no idk looks like a error in the sys to me
>>
File: 1449310683062.png (193KB, 380x415px) Image search: [Google]
1449310683062.png
193KB, 380x415px
>>7701912
>Anatomy
Final in two weeks. I don't know how I'm going to pass it.
>>
> they aren't graduating this semester
>>
CalcIII
Systems Programming
Mobile & Web development
some project course
American History 1800-1900s
>>
>12 units
Physics 132 (waves and shit) (with lab)
Circuits 3 (with lab)
Systems programming

The systems programming class is notoriously difficult . The professor imposes ridiculous limitations on how efficient your code must be, and penalizes you heavily for the slightest mistake. Most students end up taking it more than once, so I'm taking a light load to deal with it
>>
File: 1449403901306.png (98KB, 380x415px) Image search: [Google]
1449403901306.png
98KB, 380x415px
>>7703046
I could not help but notice your png was not optimized anon.
I have optimized your png.
Your png is now optimized.
>>
Molecular Biology of Cancer
topics in noncoding RNA
Bacterial Physiology
Drug Design and Regulation
>>
Calc II
Intro to Biochemistry
CS
Physics (EM and optics)
and an intro to engineering type class
>>
ODE
Probability
Intro Comp Sci
Transitions to Adv. Math
Statistics II

I think Probability will give me some headaches but besides that I should be ok.
>>
>>7702500
From brooklyn to baruch. It's like an hour and a half.
I just really hope I get into pharmacy school and escape the hell of being a bio major
>>
>>7699099
ayyy fellow purdue student?
how is NE? Im a freshman, i considered going NE but now im thinking Aero/Astro
>>
>>7697760
I AP Gov'd my way out of one of those.
>>
File: dontskipyourgenedskiddies.png (39KB, 452x295px) Image search: [Google]
dontskipyourgenedskiddies.png
39KB, 452x295px
>>7697748
>>
>>7703677
>purdue

Nice meme school senpai
>>
>>7698233
nigga half of those are freshman courses
>>
>>7703886
how is it a meme school
>>
Classical Mechanics 1
E&M 1
Advanced lab
Astrophysics
>>
>>7701175
I do.

Next semester:
>Introduction to Actuarial Science
>Stochastic Models
>Algorithms and Data Structures in C
>Dynamic Econometrics
>Risk Insurance
>Game Theory
And probably Object-Oriented Programming as well.
>>
>>7698103
A little late, my major is applied math.
>>
>>7703677
it's cool. i started in ME but that shit was boring as fuck. chose nuke over aerospace, because it sounded cool, and im glad, because fluids was boring as fuck too. that being said nuke still has some boring classes like design of nuclear power systems but the courses on fusion, materials, and direct conversion are based
>>
>>7703935
Purdue is basically that whore with the giant gaping anus in the neighborhood that everyone rails. Their acceptance rate is so high that they take anyone. So naturally you get departments filled with meme students, you know like the CS majors that want to make games and shit? Yeah.

I know a guy who got a 1400 (out of 2400) on his SAT and got into the engineering department. Think about that.
>>
>>7704563

Who cares. Degree is only worth it for your first entry level job then experience is what matters the most.
>>
Groups, Rings, and Fields
Linear Algebra
Vector Calculus
Complex Analysis & Integral Transforms
>>
File: purdue grade inflation.png (163KB, 778x1082px) Image search: [Google]
purdue grade inflation.png
163KB, 778x1082px
>>7704563
then why is it ranked top 10 for most of its engr programs, vet med, pharmacy, cs chemistry, i could go on. its a state school. it accepts a lot of people to make that money then rapes them with an almost complete lack of grade inflation (pic related). when will spergs learn that muh acceptance rate has nothing to do with a schools quality?
>>
>>7704615
If you're going to pick where to get your degree, why would you pick the place with the meme "wow calculus is hard, I want to make games" students? You like torturing yourself being surrounded by fedoras or something?

>>7704660
It has nothing to do with the quality. But it does mean that for your first two years or so, or however long it takes to weed them out, you will spend time with surrounded with spergs. Also,

>top 10
>highly ranked
>>
>>7704710
if you choose your school based on the opinions you have of other people that may also attend it, instead of on the quality of education and staff, its resources, or apparent prestige to employers, you've got way more problems than your choice of school
>>
>>7704619
ohhh. I'm jelly about those integral transforms
>>
>>7704710
you sound NEET as fuck
>>
>>7702263
nope, but kinda on the right track
>>
>>7704716
Believe it or not, being surrounded by retards does impact the quality of your education. Unless of course, you like not talking to anyone until your 3rd year,

And prestige wise, Purdue isn't prestigious at all. Employers view it the same as any other school in the top 20s.

As for quality of staff and resources, remember they want to weed you out. They aren't going to try help you succeed if they don't think you should be in the program. That's what my buddy in Purdue said anyway.

>>7704725
What about my post sounds NEET, anon?
>>
calculus was pretty easy for me until i hit third term and got a D in calc 3...Wasn't on purpose I was dealing with a lot of shit in my personal life. I regret it but I'm retaking it winter term. I'm excited to re learn everything in 3 weeks and prepare for calc 3 again. It shouldn't be too hard you'll do fine
>>
>>7704739
>Purdue isn't prestigious at all
for engineering and pharmacy it is
>>
>>7704745
...you are actually in high school?
why do you post/browse here?
what state do you live in and what do you wanna do when you grow up (just wondering desu)
>>
>>7704748
Don't know about pharmacy, but it certainly is no MIT.
>>
>>7704755
>MIT
most of their engr programs arent even ABET accredited. and purdues nuke dept puts out more publications per faculty than MIT's. if any school is a meme school its MIT not purdue
>>
File: whydontyouhaveaseat.jpg (77KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
whydontyouhaveaseat.jpg
77KB, 1920x1080px
>>7704754
>>
Calculus 3
Ceramics

someone help me out... i feel like a fuck
>>
>linear algebra
>intro analysis II
>corporate finance
>intro botany
>>
>>7704739
>Unless of course, you like not talking to anyone until your 3rd year
That wouldn't really be a problem if you already have friends.
>>
>>7704761
We're talking prestige right? If you walk up to virtually anyone anywhere in the world with an MIT degree they will automatically assume you're smart. Same can't be said about Purdue though.

As for ABET accreditation:
http://main.abet.org/aps/AccreditedProgramsDetails.aspx?OrganizationID=41
Seems accredited as fuck to me. Not like they need accreditation to validate them anyway like Purdue does.
>>
>>7704768
this. its not like there is nobody to meet at a school with 40000 people
>>
>>7697748
>not being done with University

It feels so fucking good to be done with it for the time being.
>>
>>7704768
The thing is Purdue is in the middle of nowhere. So you'd get cut off unless you grew up in West Lafayette and have friends there since High School.

Good luck convincing anyone far away to come visit you in the middle of Indiana.
>>
>>7697748
Prin of Accounting I
Art Appreciation
General Chemistry II w/Lab
Visual BASIC Programming I
Graphic Communication I
Calculus II

I failed Art Appreciation because this sem because I forgot to do the art critique.
>>
>>7704754
yes, I may or may not be underage b&
I'm in high school. I have too much free time.
I live in Chicago area
Something involving mathematics or physics, but I honestly have no clue.
>>
>>7704774
>Same can't be said about Purdue though.
purdues reputation is even better overseas than in america. like 25% of the students here are foreign. i know a guy from eastern europe that chose purdue over MIT for grad school (though grad school is less of a school prestige thing and more of a research/PI choice thing). not sure why youre so adamant that state schools like purdue cant compete with overglorified places like MIT. michigans a state uni and their nuke program is the best in the country, over MIT
>>
>>7704787
>chicago burbs

You lookin at UIUC son?
>>
>>7704761
...i dont know if you are being serious but Purdue is by no means a prestigious school. It is the same as any state school which may be respected in that area desu

that being said, the school you go to matters literally none at all, its more your performance in the school which is important
>>
>>7704825
I want to go to Northwestern or U of Michigan
University of Chicago I'd like but I doubt I'd get into it because my grades aren't great.
>>
>>7704793
>purdues reputation is even better overseas than in america. like 25% of the students here are foreign. i know a guy from eastern europe that chose purdue over MIT for grad school (though grad school is less of a school prestige thing and more of a research/PI choice thing)

AFAIK Purdue has quite some reputation in China and India, which attracts quite a lot of students to the undergrad and grad programs. Apparently as some Purduefags here like to testify, they pretty much have bad English and cheat often.

Obviously it can't compete with MIT. For example the Chinese students that MIT recruits are IMO perfect scorers and shit while the Chinese students Purdue recruits are underachieving cash cows buying a degree in comparison. Same can be said of the general caliber of students that the two schools recruit, especially for undergrad.

And rest assured, whatever reputation that Purdue has overseas, MIT absolutely shits upon.

> michigans a state uni and their nuke program is the best in the country, over MIT

Yes, but general prestige-wise Michigan State is completely in the shitter, even compared to UMich.
>>
>>7704848
>Yes, but general prestige-wise Michigan State is completely in the shitter, even compared to UMich.
Michigan is UMich, i never said Michigan State. UMich has the best nuke dept in the country
>>
>>7704857
>Michigan is UMich

I hate to break this to you, anon, but the University of Michigan at Ann-Arbor and the Michigan State University at East Lansing are not the same thing.

It's Michigan State that has the best nuke dept in the country.

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-science-schools/nuclear-science-rankings

Do you go to Purdue man? Weren't you the same guy considering getting into NE?? How the fuck do you confuse the two.
>>
>>7704873
Nevermind. You were talking about NE not nuclear physics.
>>
>>7704873
>How the fuck do you confuse the two
i never did. i never mentioned mich state at all. i said Michigan, a state uni. i only ever brought up Michigan. you confused Michigan with michigan state
>>
>>7704846
UIUC is your safety then? OK.
>>
>>7704899
well even if I get in to any of those schools they are very $$$
and uiuc is less $$$ which would be good
>>
Second semester freshman year, got out of some classes due to AP credits
Chem II
Chem II Lab
Physics I
Physics I Lab
Discrete Structures I
Fundamentals of Electricity
Intro to Nuclear Science
Differential Equations

I'd prefer not to take such a class load, but I was offered a position on a research team and I want to maximize my fundamentals
>>
File: Capture.png (28KB, 1243x171px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
28KB, 1243x171px
EE here
I'm also on the wait list for a digital signal processing class.
I fucked up so much stuff so this is pretty much all I can take

maybe I'll join a club or something but more likely I'll just spend more time shitposting
>>
>Technical Writing and Group Dynamics
>Numerical Analysis I
>Analysis of Experimental and Observational Data
>>
Second semester pure math and physics major

Intro to advanced math
Geometry
Intro to Complex Analysis
Planetary Atmospheres and Ionospheres
Intro Japanese
>>
>>7705039
>Intro to advanced math

What?
>>
File: schedule.png (32KB, 917x364px) Image search: [Google]
schedule.png
32KB, 917x364px
>>7697748
3rd year mining engineer. Bout to go work on my second internship this up coming semester.
>>
>>7705048
meant upcoming summer
>>
>>7705047
It's a proof writing class. Basically more proof rigorous discrete math which ends with the beginning of intro to real analysis.
>>
Calc 2
Linear Algebra 1
Into to Computer science
Cognitive Processes
Communication in Maths and CS
>>
Third year math.

>Discrete Math 2 (Comp. Sci. Students Ruin this course)
>Numerical Methods
>Complex Analysis
>Algebra 2 (Groups, Rings, and Fields)
>Topics in Applied Math 1 (Something about complex analysis)

Pumped for more Algebra and some Complex analysis
>>
>>7705057
Fun. Sounds like the Linear Algebra course I'm taking except with algebra
>>
File: 1449165466366.jpg (255KB, 1280x1122px) Image search: [Google]
1449165466366.jpg
255KB, 1280x1122px
>>7704931
>tfw I literally go to the backup school for chicago suburbanites confirmed

I-I'm ok.
>>
Calc 3
Discrete math
Third physics of the series
Assembly language
Random GE class
>>
>>7704846
Yo. I go to Northwestern. 4th year, mech engineering. Ask me questions or something before you waste money on our application fee.
>>
>second year CS, no name university

>intro to software engineering
>honours discrete structures (generating functions, graph shit, ECCs, etc)
>course covering symbolic logics, automated reasoning, and their applications
>course covering formal languages, automata/computability theory
>algorithms design/analysis
>>
>>7705190
>Northwestern
>engineering

Why?
>>
>>7705227
I mean it's not the best for engineering but it's not a -bad- school for it by any means.

Plus, I'll have the same corporate as fuck desk job at Boeing as the kids from Cal, Michigan, and even MIT so it doesn't really matter that much
>>
>>7705231
But Northwestern is expensive as fuck.

There are higher ranked engineering schools easier to get into and are cheaper all around.
>>
Calculus II
Physics II
Programming Complements
Programming Projects
Descriptive Statistics
>>
Differential Topology
Japanese 2
Grad Econometrics(2nd semester PhD 1st year(Big Wooldridge))
PhD Game Theory(will use Gibbons)
Math Econ 2(Bellman equation, Dynamic Programming, etc)

im a senior in undergrad. applying to econ phds.
>>
Next quarter:

Abstract algebra
Complex variables
Linear algebra
Topology
>>
>>7705489

I'm always surprised by the fact that Wooldridge, Hayashi etc. are marketed as graduate textbooks. In my programme we use Hayashi in the 2nd year of undergrad, and that's no problem at all.
>>
>Differential Equations
>Mechanic of Materials
>Dynamics
>Thermodynamics
>Intro to aircraft design
>Intro to spacecraft design

How dead am I?
>>
>Differential equations
>Math III
>Mass balance
>Electricity and Magnetism

Chem. Eng. Major, third semester.

How the f colleges work in the US that you can enter college without a major or career?

Calc 1 will be basically what you learned in HS. General Chemistry contains basic maths, not really a challenge.
>>
>>7705489
Weeaboo
>>
>>7705711
since you're taking 6 classes, the quality of the classes can't be that great = easy classes, unless you're a retard and petitioning for 20+ credits
>>
>>7705711
either lying. or going to a craptastic school. or both.
>>
File: Capture.png (41KB, 1305x238px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
41KB, 1305x238px
>>7697748
Doing BA/MA program in Maths and BS in CompSci, 4th semester.
>>
>>7697748
Quantum
Technical Communications
Real Analysis 2
Functional Analytic methods to PDEs
Research

Super stoked for PDE class.
>>
File: nucl engr plan of study.png (127KB, 729x453px) Image search: [Google]
nucl engr plan of study.png
127KB, 729x453px
>>7705798
that doesnt make any sense
some degree programs require it to complete on time
>>
>>7705781
Once, people hated weaboos because they wouldn't shut up about it and would bring it up out of fucking nowhere.
Calling people weaboo is the new weaboo and has been for years.
>>
>>7705812
all those 2 and 3 credit classes. what?
>>
>>7705823
the 2 credit ones are two hour labs with a one hour a week lecture. the 3 credit courses meet 3 times a week for an hour, or twice a week for an hr and a half, standard courses. are you a euro?
>>
>>7705800

Will upload proof once laptop starts
>>
File: Dead.png (15KB, 516x196px) Image search: [Google]
Dead.png
15KB, 516x196px
>>7705867
>>7705800

The special topics is the spacecraft design.
>>
>Literature of the Western World: From the Classics to the Renaissance
>Introduction to Database Systems
>Calc III
>University Physics I
>>
>>7705816
That's true only if you're a weeaboo.
For any sane person, it's like you were saying.
You weeaboos are just weird motherfuckers.
>>
Why do you US people just have 1-2 hrs classes a week? 6 ECTS courses (minimum) is about 3 hours/week in lecture + optional tutor-lecture. Average credits is 30 to take a semester and now do the calculating.
>>
>>7707121
We don't though. I think in general, the number of credits you take corresponds to how many hours of lecture/recitation/labwork you have in a week. I'm taking 16 credits this semester and spend 17 hours a week in class.
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.