[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One question Imagine a spaceship travelling near the speed of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 6923985-space-flight[1].jpg (214KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
6923985-space-flight[1].jpg
214KB, 1920x1080px
One question
Imagine a spaceship travelling near the speed of light with a camera filming it
Imagine we are at earth looking at a screen that is showing what the camera is recording
what would we see?
>>
>>7697499
They made a simple videogame to help visualize what moving at relativistic velocities would look like.
http://gamelab.mit.edu/games/a-slower-speed-of-light/
>>
>>7697630

Very cool
Direct link to video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu7jA8EHi_0
>>
>>7697630
I am not talking about me moving at near speed of light.
But about a guy that is not doing it, looking at a monitor that shows what is happening inside a spaceship that is doing it
>>
>>7698869
>looking at a monitor that shows what is happening inside a spaceship that is doing it

What difference does that make? Are you saying he's transmitting a signal from his spaceship to earth? Because that could be interesting. If he's moving away from earth, the signal would be red-shifted for one thing.
>>
>>7700886
>What difference does that make?
> Are you saying he's transmitting a signal from his spaceship to earth?

Yes what happen inside the spaceship is being recorded and the live recording is being shown on a earth monitor the guy is looking
>>
>>7700907
it will not be live, if you'd send it frame by frame the receiving end will not receive the same framerate as was recorded.
>>
>>7700953

Well, it's complicated and confusing. Frame rate is normally thought of as being an absolute thing, and for normal situations this works fine, but in this situation we must recognize that it's relative.

The rate of anything is dependant upon time, which is dependant upon one's frame of reference. So the person recording the video would determine it to be recorded and transmitted at one frame rate and the person receiving the video would determine it to have been recorded and transmitted at a lower frame rate, and both observers would be equally correct.

Frame rate is relative.
>>
>>7700965
>Frame rate is relative.
Someone should tell /v/. I'm sure they'd be glad to hear it.
>>
>>7700985

Maybe it could be used in advertising?

"Other television companies promise 180fps performance, but we tested every model they make and found that to an observer traveling 0.95 c relative to the screen, the fps is nowhere near that high! Don't be fooled by inferior screens. Buy Samsung."
>>
>>7700965
>and the person receiving the video would determine it to have been recorded and transmitted at a lower frame rate,
this explains everything
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.