[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm stupid /sci/. Which is why I need to learn more about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: mnemonic.jpg (57KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
mnemonic.jpg
57KB, 300x300px
I'm stupid /sci/. Which is why I need to learn more about mnemonics to help me memorize shit for college exams. Does anyone have experience with this shit? I remember one guy on /r9k/ who talked about passing his classes with minimum study by simply remembering specific "trigger" words and funny acronyms
>>
File: dmf.png (3KB, 282x304px) Image search: [Google]
dmf.png
3KB, 282x304px
I came up with a genius mnemonic for the pKa of the n and c term of proteins once
>>
>>7695421

Oh, man. I remember one book talking about memory devices, I wasn't that into it, but it seemed to really have some merit to it.

It used mental images to memorize things, and, even though it's been probably 5 years since I flipped through the first chapter, I can still remember the random list of 8 things it gave to work with.

I think it was by Henry something?
>>
>>7695441

It was "The Memory Book" by Harry Lorayne, and Jerry Lucas.
>>
>>7695441
>>7695445
I'll look into it. Thnx desu
>>
I memorized 24 polyatomic ions and their charges overnight with a story.
I generally hate doing that though, because I do some really stupid shit or outright forget to memorize some things, and it throws my vibe off for the whole exam.
>See NH4+
>Oh, that's amonium!
>See NH3
>.....Nitrogen acid?
>>
>>7695600
Did you really spend a night memorizing ions instead of learning basic formulation? I get it with ions like ammonium (even though you can work it out by remembering that ammonia is a Bronsted base), but for god's sake...
>>
>>7695421

My personal favorite

>Katy Perry claims orgasms feel good sometimes
>>
>>7696595
What is this
>>
File: image.jpg (384KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
384KB, 1600x1000px
O, o, o, to touch and feel a girl's vagina. Guess what it's to.
>>
red right is returning
>>
>>7697404

king philip came over for good soup

>>7695421

some old hippy
caught another hippy
tripping on acid
>>
>>7695421

I remember reading about how people memorize random shit, like the digits of pi, and I think they imagine walking through their house and each object they see is associated with a digit, the next digit is then the color of the object and...etc

I think autists can memorize random dates from years and years ago and know what happened, what the weather was on that day... etc

I'd rather just learn the material though
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.