[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Planck Time. The Butterfly Effect. Uncertainty. Many Worlds.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: many-worlds.jpg (184KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
many-worlds.jpg
184KB, 1280x800px
Planck Time. The Butterfly Effect. Uncertainty. Many Worlds.

You exhale at this exact moment in time. 2,000 years from now, the motion of particles in the air caused by your breath has caused a pebble at the top of a mountain thousands of miles away to shift slightly, creating a rockslide that kills hundreds of people.
You do not exhale at this exact moment in time. The pebble does not move, and the people are spared.
Which world line are you living? Can you feel the other world line occuring parallel to yours?

In one unit of Planck Time, there are an infinite number of variables that can (and according to Many Worlds, do) occur. Our consciousness travels along a very specific world line, namely the intersection of the space/time vector and our own probability (read: reality) vector. Thus, for every miniscule quantum of time that passes, an infinite number of world lines spawn and continue parallel to our own. This compounds every miniscule quantum of time, meaning an infinite infinite number of realities that travel along the space/time vector we do, albeit with a different probability quanta of change in each one.
There is a universe next to ours that is virtually indistinguishable as a single electron gained fractional momentum of spin and immediately lost that momentum, causing no noticable change to beings on our scale. There is a universe next to ours that is utterly alien because a molecule of water in the Precambrian era was not converted to oxygen, eventually leading to the atmosphere being inhospitable to air-breathing animals for millions of years after animals in our world line could survive in it.

An infinite, infinite number of worlds. The air is so think, sometimes I feel like I'm wading in dimensional soup. Sometimes I worry about waking up in an unfamiliar one.
>>
gay lol
>>
>>7694287
>Planck Time.
>The Butterfly Effect.
>Uncertainty.
>Many Worlds.

Nope, not going any further, sorry.
>>
>Implying there are variables and multiple timelines and that our particles aren't all on a set collision course determined by the basics of physics
>>
>>7694287
i hope this is bait
>>
File: HomeadeBong101.png (622KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
HomeadeBong101.png
622KB, 450x600px
>>7694287
>You exhale at this exact moment in time. 2,000 years from now, the motion of particles in the air caused by your breath has caused a pebble at the top of a mountain thousands of miles away to shift slightly, creating a rockslide that kills hundreds of people.
Yeah, I'm going to need to see some math on this.
A far as I can tell, the energy of your exhaled breath is spreading out as it travels, and should be subject to the inverse-square law.
The effect on anything as far as a mile away should be negligible, no matter how stoned you are.
>>
I had a dream last night where we solved the issue of physically traveling to the past (matter displacement paradox) by traveling sideways to a different present where the change we wanted to occur in the past had already happened.
>>
>>7694350
We really need a sci-fi board, leaving /sci/ for actual science.
Since there's no "objective" frame of reference, time travel to the past should be just as likely to leave you in the same position relative to the Earth as anywhere else.
I'd like to think your time machine can't go further back in time than when it was created.
Then you just step out of it wherever it was back then.
But at least your idea gets rid of causality violations.
>>
>>7694287
>LMAO DUDE EVERYTHING IS CHAOS AND TIPPING POINT VARIABLES MY FARTS WILL MAKE WHOLE CIVILIZATIONS OF LIFE FORMS GORILLION YEARS FROM NOW

>what is convergence

nope bruh , you could have this universe and a universe where you are LITERALLY full of shit (like a sack of skin with shit only inside) . and sure they'll be different for a while but the scale of the difference will be infinitesimal after enough time .
>>
File: 1413297655152.jpg (304KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1413297655152.jpg
304KB, 1280x960px
>>7694287
>muh butterfly bla bla

Too many variables, chaotic and random behavior, will never be computable. Therefore whatever.

>muh parallel universes

There is absolutely no proof for this theory to be true and no indication that we will ever find one.
Therefore whatever.

tl;dr
>bla bla

cool story bro
>>
>>7694287
In order to prepare, open your post with:
>One physical constant
>One quantum principal
>Two scoops of bullshit

These are the ingredients for a /sci/ shitpost.
>>
many worlds is not science
>>
>>7694287
So bassicaly autism.
>>
>>7694381
You are fun at parties
>>
>>7694287
>You exhale at this exact moment in time.
Which gets diffused'n shit and will amount to fucking nothing.
>>
>>7694315
The energy exhaled will eventually have and effect on particles around the word which is enough to cause other chain reactions
>>
I had another dream last night.

I every parallel world represents a single quantum variable's change, wouldn't there be a world that was identical to ours that is shifted a second, minute, day, millennia back OR forward from ours? The first animal crawls out from the sea a few minutes before it did on our timeline, but every other variable and action after that is exactly the same. Thus, on our time vector, the events occurring right now on our world line have already occurred on that world line exactly as they transpire here.

Instead of being forced to travel backwards to stop Kennedy's assassination or to see the Romans build the Colosseum, if we could break through the dimensional barrier, we could just travel sideways into a world where those events are currently happening without worrying about paradoxes or needing FTL equipment to mess with relativity.

Not only does infinity occur across the parallel worlds at any given time, but so does eternity.

Probability is the 5th dimension, comprised of lines, planes, space, and time - all within itself in a quantum moment or point of data.
>>
File: 1400495333323.png (4KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1400495333323.png
4KB, 400x400px
>>7694287
>free will
>>
>>7696425
To be honest, I make no claims on free will. In fact, I see this as anti-free will. We just happened to live on the world line that where things happen like they do. Describing 'choice' as a 'quantum variable' doesn't seem very free to me.

Perhaps free will is the ability to jump to other world lines without realizing we're doing it.
>>
File: 1449154277436.png (497B, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1449154277436.png
497B, 400x400px
>>7696425
I could not help but notice your png was not optimized anon.
I have optimized your png.
Your png is now optimized.
>>
>>7696434
We move through 3-dimensional space.

We live through 4-dimensional time.

We exist through 5-dimensional probability.
>>
>>7696655
Please ban this fucking autist god damn...
>>
>>7696788
And your post is just a single point in 1-dimensional stupidity.
>>
>>7696817
>implode from laughter

KEK
>>
john paul second raped small childremn
>>
>>7698740
I jerk off while driving and throw nut rag out the window

It lands in the year 2021, Hilary Clinton has won as president and wiped out all male human life creating a race of high tech viking style super dukes

Nut rag is picked up by one women(part of a group of sexy rebel chicks who still want the d

Takes it to underground base and hella sexy babes are flicking their beans and and cum sharing with my semen cloth

One more chance for the human male against Hilary Clinton's reign of terror>>7698740
>>
Just think were not truly earthlings we are some virius riding an electron circling around some nucleus that's inside a of molecule waiting for us or some other virus to take over then collectively consume a new 'molecule'. Want the wonders of space? Need not look further than a microscope.
>>
>>7694936
not reeeally
>>
>>7694313
Not really bait, if i kill you, a butterfly effect follows, all your children that are not to be etc.
>>
>>7694287
Not an original bait. 1/10, just because even stale shit like this works sometimes as is evident by the responses you already got.
>>
>>7694287
LE EPIC OMG IM SO SMART DEEP I POST ON SCI
LE DMT LE JOE ROGAN LE WE ARE ALL ONE WE ARE CONCIOUSNESS EXPERIENCING ITSELF OMFG IM SO SMART LELELELELEL TIME TO CHANGE MY FACEBOOK COVER TO SOME SMART GUY IN SUIT AND TIE LELELEL DEEP QUOTES OMG
>>
>>7701249
XD
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.