[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pope Francis: The world is near ‘suicide’ on climate change;

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: popefrancis[1].jpg (34KB, 650x433px) Image search: [Google]
popefrancis[1].jpg
34KB, 650x433px
>The urgent call is nothing new for Francis. In June, he laid out the case, in a 192-page paper, for a collaboration between science and religion to combat climate change.

>"I am not sure, but I can say to you 'now or never'," he told a group of reporters aboard the papal plane, en route home from Africa, according to Reuters. "Every year the problems are getting worse. We are at the limits. If I may use a strong word I would say that we are at the limits of suicide."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/11/30/pope-francis-the-world-is-near-suicide-on-climate-change-its-now-or-never/

Do you think this is enough to sway the conservative right? Do you think this will help in any way?
>>
No. The oil industry backs the conservatives and pretty much every environmental issue is influenced by our consumption of fossil fuels. It may sway some of the conservatives, but in the end, money talks and the oil industry has plenty of money to throw around
>>
Nope. The conservative right wing hates catholics.

Catholic masterrace is already well aware of climate change.
>>
File: cafeteria catholics.jpg (49KB, 540x361px) Image search: [Google]
cafeteria catholics.jpg
49KB, 540x361px
>>7690911
>>
>>7690926
So basically you are saying we need to push dosh into alternative energy like Biofuels or whatever to get the greedy kids to turn Green?
>>
global warming is not a problem
>>
>the pope
He is just an average person. Why do people like him so much?
>>
Why doesn't he pray about it?

Popists BTFO.
>>
>>7690979
It's not a problem to anyone expecting to not live past 40
>>
>>7690991
same question could be applied to any famous and influential person. people love him for what he represents, now tip your fedora kid and get out.
>>
>>7691000
He is. Read the article.
It wont do a thing but at least you know he cares.
>>
There's much much more money being paid to American senators by people (aka businesses) promoting 'green' causes than by petrol companies and the like

Hard to know the truth when there's so much money on either side and discussion is suppressed due to political reasons
>>
>>7691061
Businesses don't want to go green, they want to make a profit in the change and make the process as slow as possible.
>>
File: IPCC Agenda.png (415KB, 907x587px) Image search: [Google]
IPCC Agenda.png
415KB, 907x587px
No one born after 1995 has ever experienced global warming.
>>
>>7691094
>Random quote from a random guy
Convinced!
>>
>>7691073
That's wrong though.
>>
File: Azolla_filiculoides_MUN.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Azolla_filiculoides_MUN.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>7691003
It's not a problem because it's a fucking joke you stupid fuck

>terrorists caused by global warming

okay then

global warming shitters are literally the dumbest people on earth
>>
>>7690991

He's the head of the one true church
>>
>>7691000
>Popists

Sorry but 12 year olds aren't allowed on this site. Please abstain from browsing until you are of age.
>>
File: 1380817603838.png (83KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1380817603838.png
83KB, 625x626px
>>7691137
>>
>>7691179
Is it possible to sequester Carbon from the atmosphere to reverse global warming?
>>
>>7690991
he's a heretical anti-pope and a jesuit
>>
>>7691019
>>7691160
>>7691291
I am a christian. You guys are confusing me.
>>
File: ☧ tier.png (1MB, 1198x2331px) Image search: [Google]
☧ tier.png
1MB, 1198x2331px
>>7691349
>ignore protestants and sedevacantists
>acquire true Catholicism
>>
>>7691268
not thermodynamically favored. the change in gibbs welfare energy requires that the reaction is non spontaneous, meaning it takes extra energy to separate the black atom and the oxygen.

so once we find a clean energy source we can theoretically use that energy to power catalysts to separate the two, but for now there's no way to feasibly do it.
>>
>>7690933
This might be the most correct comic ever published about Catholics
>>
>>7691370
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azolla_event
>>
>>7691370
Plants handle that role fairly well.
>>
>>7690926
:^)
>>
>>7690911
I don't think enough people realize how stupid the current pope is
He's not evil, not deceiving, just a plain dummy
>>
>>7691370
> for now there's no way to feasibly do it.
We just need a need a diffusion barrier fence to keep it separated in the first place. That should slow the rate of skint entropy accumulation until we can find a more permanent final solution.
>>
File: Average Protestant.gif (1MB, 256x172px) Image search: [Google]
Average Protestant.gif
1MB, 256x172px
>>7692058

t. 'merikan protestant
>>
Proof that climate change (global warming) is happening, man made, and is an actual problem? I was raised by a hard right parent that brainwashed me to believe that it isn't a thing, and now I want to know.
>>
>>7690911
pope francis AKA bill nye the science pope AKA iq of 175 so obvi listen to my opinion on science
>>
>>7692042
:^)
>>
>>7691073
Except for some cases, being green is more economically sound but not posible.
>>
>>7691073
businesses love being made green
adds a huge barrier to entry
>>
>>7691354
Except Cathars are the only good Branch of Christians silly.
>>
>>7690911
>collaboration between science and religion to combat climate change
are they gonna pray the carbon away?
>>
>>7690911
>implying his oppinion matters
>>
>>7690911
I fucking hate this global warming meme so fucking much.

The only thing we know is that the climate really is changing due to human interaction and muh CO2.

Any doomsday predictions past that are completely made up bullshit, we have absolutely no idea what the mid/long term out comes of global warming will be. It's starting to look like it's going to be a whole bunch of nothing at all.
>>
Does anyone know if it'd be feasible to fill the calthrate guns with magma?

It'd solidify thus preventing further methane, right?
>>
>>7693269
Basically create a fleet of submarines with underwater vaccums, furnaces and titanium pipes capable of distributing magma over the methane holes.

Outdated military subs need to be used.
>>
>>7690991
The pope is working with the aliums for a better tomorrow
>>
>>7693309
Fill it with molten sand.
>>
>>7693237
It does to hundreds of millions of people.
>>
>>7692250
Carbon emissions and average temperature match very well.
We know for a fact that the world is increasing in temp. The thing people don't believe is that it's carbon or other greenhouse gasses despite the fact that Green house gasses are pretty much the only logical explanation and there are no counter explanations.
>>
>>7693256
>Ocean acidification
>Nothing at all
>>
>>7690991
>He is just an average person. Why do people like him so much?
You answered your own question.
>>
>>7693549
democracy was a mistake
>>
>>7693549

You mean billions of people
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.