[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>taking algebraic topology >doing exercises in hatcher

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: sage10-small.png (146KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
sage10-small.png
146KB, 400x400px
>taking algebraic topology
>doing exercises in hatcher
>look up something online because hatcher can't into definitions
>find someone named Tarun Chitra's solutions
>almost every one of them is wrong in some way or the other
>some don't even address the particular problem stated
>neatly typed up though and with pictures
>answers to roughly half of the problems in hatcher
Why do people post their shitty solutions on the internet? Especially if they suck so bad.
>>
>>7689055

Sabotage. I regularly circulate bad study guides to give me a leg up.
>>
>>7689059
I wouldn't be surprised. I recall a few years back taking an advanced undergrad algebra class our professor used to assign all these problems from D&F. Half the class would just copy the answers from project crazy project and he'd always get mad when everyone wrote the same mistake ridden proofs as on that website.
>>
>>7689059
That's projectcrazyproject for sure. I know and have graded for profs that assign exercises where they know that the posted solution is false just to catch lazy undergrads.

After a while I am convinced that Dummit wrote all the solutions on that sight just to fuck with his students.
>>
File: 1367462927214.png (13KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1367462927214.png
13KB, 429x410px
>>7689059
Heartily Chuckled
+1 interwebs to you sir
>>
>>7689055
It's a middle eastern and Indian thing. Most of them genuinely don't realize that they're shitty and think they're helping.

The kicker is that it somehow continues all the way into grad school for some of them.
>>
>>7689240
They're often shitty in their field. I find Africans like Nigerians are better than derka derkas and curry niggers. One of the best grad professors I had was Nigerian and explained everything really simple in class. Einstein always said if you can't explain it in simple terms then you don't understand it. It took me years to fully understand what he meant.
>>
http://mathoverflow.net/users/14157/tarun-chitra

>research in Generalized Complex Geometry/String Theory.

You think you're smarter than a string theorist OP?
>>
>>7689312
>Did research in Generalized Complex Geometry/String Theory.
>Currently Reading (06/14/11): Principles of Algebraic Geometry — Griffiths and Harris

How do you do research in String Theory without even knowing algebraic geometry.
>>
>>7689240
I think this dumbass "string theorist" is full of shit
>>
>>7689240
>>7689081
What the fuck is this gratuitous attack for?
I never heard of this meme, and it makes no sense.
>>
>>7689055

Haha I just saw this the other day with my Non-linear Dynamics class. I was just googling to see if there was any guidance someone could offer, and this person's solutions were literally all completely fucking wrong. Wrong answers. Wrong analysis. I think I even spotted some algebra mistakes.

They were just trying to help others, but they really needed to work on their on math skills first.
>>
>>7689316
Easy, he's lying.
>>
>>7689375
How many undergrad classes have you taught? How many classes have you taken at the graduate level?

Groups (unintentionally, usually) wipe each other out this way all too often.
>>
b-b-b-b-but science is self correcting!
>>
>>7689403
I'm a middle easterner currently doing my Ph.D thesis in algebraic geometry.

Either you didn't understand my post, or I don't understand yours.
>>
>>7689409
>I'm a middle easterner currently doing my Ph.D thesis in algebraic geometry.
I'm sorry but how is algebraic geometry applicable to fucking goats?
>>
>>7689428
Not very useful.
But it helps in knowing how to effectively blow up points on a plane.
>>
>>7689437
The Gmen are going to knock on your door tonight.
>>
>>7689409
So you teach at least one or two undergrad classes a semester.

You don't see a large number of middle eastern students form a study group, then proceed to turn in assignments with identical wrong or nonsensical answers on a regular basis?
>>
>>7689437
hahaha as an eastern european (Greek) studying linear algebra, this gave me a good laugh
>>
>>7689437
BTFU

Blown The Fuck Up
>>
>>7689316
It's almost as if string theory is a large subject with many different areas of research
>>
>>7689554
Quantum Mechanics is a large subject with many different areas of research. You still can't work in any of them if you don't know calculus.
>>
>>7689055
ah, that's a common student trolling tactic. Sometimes profs will find the worst homework someone did and post the solutions online just to fuck with students. Then you can easily figure out who copied the solutions directly from the shitty copy
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.