[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Richard Dawkins the hero we need? http://edition.cnn.com/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: Richard-Dawkins-007.jpg (23KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Richard-Dawkins-007.jpg
23KB, 460x276px
Is Richard Dawkins the hero we need?
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/25/europe/uk-richard-dawkins-clock-boy-ahmed-mohamed/
>>
>>7682770
Dawkins is dead dumb when it comes to talking about anything that is not biology.
>>
File: 4099443_p0.jpg (401KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
4099443_p0.jpg
401KB, 700x700px
>>7682770
Media is disgusting.

This is what I like most about Unreal Tournament. Their hypothetical projection of the future seems entirely accurate. Eventually media will devolve into an informal mass of disjointed heavily skewed critiques. Then it'll become emotion driven sensationalism for the obvious political and economic advantages. Then it'll devolve further to the equivalent of dog fighting. Then reality TV and other such shit will be about killing each other. Two of those re already done. "CNN reached out to blah blah for comment via his verified twitter account."

"We reached out to this 14 year old kid so he could fight Dawkins publically." Grand.

And "the world is becoming more peaceful!" they cry out, as though if saying it will make it so. No. Its viciousness and aggression is just becoming more homogeneous and isotropic. This bomb is primed to explode.
>>
>>7682770
No he caved into pressure within a day
>>
>>7682784
He just lacks the balls that Hitchens had

The fundamental problem with these Atheist intellectuals is assuming Christianity is the religion they should be fighting against
>>
>>7682815
The fundamental problem with these Atheist is making of atheism a religion and making money out of it just like a preacher would do.
>>
>>7682804
agree
>>
File: dawkins.jpg (19KB, 257x400px) Image search: [Google]
dawkins.jpg
19KB, 257x400px
>>7682770
>the hero we need?
More like the psycho-saint you deserve.
Celebrity worship is based on religious thought patterns.
>>
File: 1448536293442.png (27KB, 249x108px) Image search: [Google]
1448536293442.png
27KB, 249x108px
>>7682842
I could not help but notice your png was not optimized anon.
I have optimized your png.
Your png is now optimized.
>>
>>7682804
I enjoyed reading this. Will also need to look up unreal tournament
>>
>>7682856
Not an atheist here, but The Selfish Gene and The Greatest Show on Earth were actually pretty concise and easily understood descriptions of what evolution is and how it works.
>>
>>7682824

Atheism really is just 3rd wave Protestantism following the 2nd wave new age nonsense.
>>
>>7683061
>concise
TOPKEK
O
P
K
E
K
>>
File: 100 years of feminism.jpg (47KB, 720x719px) Image search: [Google]
100 years of feminism.jpg
47KB, 720x719px
>>7682804
nice post
>>
Despite what all these neckbeards pretending to not be neckbeards will tell you about Dawkins, he's pretty intelligent and pretty rational.
I think many people mistake his outspoken atheism as an attack on religion, whereas it's more an attack on the fundamentalist idiots that want to teach children wrong things.

These tweets just show again that he's not your average media trending modern atheist leftist idiot.
>>
>>7682770
>tweets are now news.

Free online news is the biggest cancer that spawned from the internet.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.