[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /sci/ I'm a Senior in High School and I am taking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: act.jpg (6KB, 294x171px) Image search: [Google]
act.jpg
6KB, 294x171px
Hello /sci/ I'm a Senior in High School and I am taking the ACT in december. This will be the first time I have taken this exam and it is of utmost importance that I score a 33, while not hard I would want to know what tips you have before taking the ACT? Also, what did you score on the exam?
>>
33 is really really high. What college do you want to go to? Also, first time in December? That's really late. What highly selective college has applications due that late?
>>
>>7675801

The ACT is really coachable. If you want a good idea of how you'll do, take one of those practice tests in the red ACT book they give you.

If you don't do as well as you'd like, keep taking those tests, and use the answer key to figure out what you need to improve on.

Good luck.
>>
>>7675803
>33 is really really high
disdain_for_plebs.jpg
>>
>>7675813
it's 99th percentile, it is objectively high
>>
>>7675803
NKU in my state.

>>7675805
I've been practicing in the Princeton coach book. So far my composite is around a 31.5 or 32.
>>
>>7675830
Why do you need a 33 for NKU? No offense, but that's not really much of a demanding school.

Also, you should really try practice testing on Barron's test books instead of the Princeton review's. Barron actually gives you questions that tend to be much harder than on the actual ACT, making you a master at it once you take the regular down-graded test. Look for a PDF copy if you need to.
>>
>>7675860
I'm running out of practice material; So, I have been meaning to find a new book.
>>
>>7675867
bro just chill if you don't have a 1.0 gpa you'll get in
>>
>>7675898

Eh, maybe he can't afford it, and needs some scholarships or something to be able to go.
>>
>>7675801
the most important thing (after getting the right answers, obviously) is to make sure you practice it under the right time constraints. if you don't know how to answer a certain question right away, just move on immediately and come back later.
>>
Math: Goes up to precalculus level. There may be only 1 or 2 difficult problems but the curve is pretty rough if you get them wrong. Just know the topics the books cover and you should be good. If you do well enough here you can afford to slip up in other sections.
Science: Mostly just reading graphs and charts to answer questions. Skip straight to the questions, and only read the introduction if you need to. The hardest ones for me were with two students having written theories and having to answer questions about their similarities and differences. Curve is pretty rough here as well.
English: I think they changed the scoring with the essay but I'll just talk about mc. Know all of the grammar rules and use common sense if something doesn't sound correct. Most of the time the simplest answer choice is correct.
Reading: This was my worst section. I suggest reading the passages and then answering the questions. Time was an issue for me because I can't read that quickly. Practice would be the only way to improve. Some say that annotations help so maybe try that.

I got a 35 by doing this. The ACT is really about speed and a few difficult questions here and there separating everyone.
>>
I hate this fucking test. I literally slept or was stoned through almost all of highschool, then i got a 32 on this thing. I get the dumb idea that i'm smart and my counselors agree, they tell me i can get into any college I want despite my shit gpa.

Tldr didn't get accepted. I'm dumb but good at tests. Led to 4 more years of bad decisions because the ACT results packet told me I was smarter than 95% of the population.

OP, get into some sick extra-cirriculars. Start abusiness and grow it large enough that you have to file BS, IS & CF statements with the IRS. Colleges will fall over themselves to suck your dick.
>>
Does writing matter? I got a 35 composite but 29 writing, took it in September so they changed the whole shit for the first time so
>>
File: low_bar.png (16KB, 713x279px) Image search: [Google]
low_bar.png
16KB, 713x279px
>>7675830
What, do you want to lord your superior intelligence over your classmates?
>>
I got a 33 with minimal study, just take like one practice test to make sure you're used to the time
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.