[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need to use Matlab for an assignment and I'd like to install

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: le L membrane.jpg (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
le L membrane.jpg
14KB, 400x400px
I need to use Matlab for an assignment and I'd like to install it on my computer instead of trekking to my uni's computing center. Will code written on one version work the same on another version?
>>
>>7674814

depends

read the documentation on your functions.
>>
>2015
>Using MATLAB
>not using Sage
>>
>>7674814
>Using proprietary software to do science
>2015
>not using Python/C/C++, and their glorious, free (as in freedom, and as in beer) libraries

You do the time numerically intensive stuff in C/C++, and manage stuff with python. Sometimes you have to use old Fortran libraries, but they are relatively easy to call from C. Real men port old Fortran code, instead of just calling it.
>>
>>7674847

i hearcd c++ has really nice variable tracking and plotting tools.

jk

but because you're too retarded to tell the difference between a program and a programming language you wouldn't understand.
>>
>>7674854

MATLAB is a programming language you dibshit.
>>
>>7674847
You can use C and Fortran code in MATLAB.

http://mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/mex.html
>>
>>7674816
>This

Also try not to use functions for libraries if you care about reusing your code in another machine (usually, universities have access to ALL the libraries so if it's for assigment only, it should be OK).
>>
To answer your question directly: Not always.

For the most part, this is not a problem. I often run into problems where a function will expire in a newer version or where I have had to use a function that is not available in the version I was using.

MATLAB is fun, fast to setup, and easy. It isn't a real language (Learn C, Java, or C++), but is really useful in engineering contexts.
>>
>>7674817
>>7674847
>>7674949
The assignment literally makes us run and modify Matlab code. I am not choosing to use Matlab, I'm a freetard and I program in C, C++, Java, and several other languages.
>>
File: loupe.jpg (194KB, 1061x884px) Image search: [Google]
loupe.jpg
194KB, 1061x884px
>>7674870

>SWISS ARMY KNIFE is a magnifying glass you dibshid :DDDDD
>>
>>7674978

see if it runs on octave. if you modify it a bit it might still run in matlab.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.