[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We have the capability to live as long as our brains don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: sheep_591.jpg (68KB, 591x411px) Image search: [Google]
sheep_591.jpg
68KB, 591x411px
We have the capability to live as long as our brains don't become feeble, potentially 300 years. Morals and ethics are the only thing holding us back. What do you think? Would you make a clone of yourself and have your brain transplanted to it? Is it wrong to you?
>>
Well, a successful brain transplant would be quite the thing to pull off. I don't believe it has been done before. I have a hard time believing all those nerves could be cleanly joined.

I would totally make a clone in a vat and shove my brain in it if I could.

Also shit like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's would quite possibly fuck you up even within your natural lifespan. I don't know where you get your 300 years from.
>>
I don't want to be a sheep
would you take immortality as a sheep
>>
>>7674785

As long as I'm not in Wales.
>>
If we can't repair spinal separations, what makes you think we can transplant brains?
>>
>>7674739
Imagine relearning to use your body.
>>
>>7674739
Having to deal with some aging parents, I'd challenge your notion that the brain is going to be good for 300 years.
>>
>>7674785
Or would you rather be a pig?
>>
>>7674779
300 was a very rough guess. I was basically saying as long as your brain doesn't give out. Yes now there has been no brain transplants, only head transplants in animals. Imagine though that the medical community made learning how to transplant brains a priority. I firmly believe that they would learn how to do it successfully withing a decade. Would you consider it murder to transfer your brain to your cloned body?
>>
>>7674815
>Would you consider it murder to transfer your brain to your cloned body?

If the body was allowed to live beforehand, then yes. But if it was kept comatose and/or had its own brain messed up in such a way as to not be classified as conscious I wouldn't consider it murder. Not entirely ethical, but still. Ideally you'd grow a body without a brain but I have a hard time believing that would work.
>>
>>7674795
I agree. Not everyone'd brain will last that long. Some elderly are vivacious up until the day they die from sickness though. These are the people I was talking about. Of course not the people that get Alzheimer's at 70. Of course their are other ways as well. How long will it take for scientist to figure out how our memories work? Then how long until they can add information to our brains via hard drives? It seems possible to have your memories transferred to a new body as well. Although this is technology that isn't here yet.
>>
>>7674821
Do you think that free country's will ever get to the point where they will allow this type of research? Or will it be done by a country like north Korea?
>>
>>7674828
They'll never allow it publicly. But bet that there are clandestine labs all over doing this research at the moment.
>>
>>7674864
Yeah, only the people that really shouldn't have it I bet.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.