/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to make a directed electricity weapon that will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: latest[1].png (535KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
535KB, 853x480px
Is it possible to make a directed electricity weapon that will shoot lightning to the aimed direction ? Can a lazer beam create negatively charged particles in the air that the lightning source will approximately follow and spread around in the general direction ?
>>
yes and no
>>
>>7673199
We can generate lightning, or something close to it, but you couldn't carry it around like that.
>>
If the target is conductive and its the closest path to ground....

Yes.
>>
>>7673199
Ignorance is bliss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5y68ErffgM
>>
>>7673199

It's possible, tho it's not something we have the technology to do and I can't for the life of me think of any useful application for such a device.
>>
we already have both plasma guns, neutral beam tech, DPF fusion devices, etc
>>
>>7673243
u lie
>>
>>7673257
no
>>
>>7673267
we don't have shit son. we probably have some semi-working prototypes but nothing like the shit we see on tv
>>
>>7673271
>shit we see on tv
oh i see, you dont have any idea what you're talking about

>>>/youtube/
>>
File: discharge_guided.jpg (18KB, 331x250px) Image search: [Google]
discharge_guided.jpg
18KB, 331x250px
>>7673199
Yes see electrolaser
>>Can a lazer beam create negatively charged particles in the air that the lightning source will approximately follow and spread around in the general direction ?
Fuck no. What lasers can do is ionize air to plasma. Plasma is conductive, so if you have an object with a lot of charge and you shoot really powerful laser from it to the ground you create a path for charge to flow and it does.

This can be used to trigger lightning strikes, no one has done it, but people have got close (scientists aren't fond of having their expensive laser struck by lightning).

Pic fucking related, more here >>7672179
>>
>>7673243
Whatchu talking about boi? Do you have a single fact to back that up?
>>
>>7673293
> What lasers can do is ionize air to plasma. Plasma is conductive, so if you have an object with a lot of charge and you shoot really powerful laser from it to the ground you create a path for charge to flow and it does.

Shit son. That means it would work ! Just fire a lazer so hot that will ionize the air, and have like a positively charged sphere near the lazer source which will automatically find its way based on the ionized air made by the lazer.
>>
>>7673295
fucking use google
>>
>>7673308
Hey kid, you know what happens if you put "just use google" as a source in paper? People laugh at you and throw it in the trash.

Google is not a source
>>
>>7673329
/sci/ isnt an academic environment
if you knew anything outside the realm of popsci garbage you wouldnt even need to ask for information about what i posted
>>
>>7673364
you need sources to back up your claims. this is a very general rule. you can't just say things and expect people to acknowledge it.
>>
>>7673369
i dont care whether or not you acknowledge it. facts are facts regardless of acknowledgement. you can either spend a few minutes to find any info you could want, or remain a prisoner to your own ignorance
>>
>>7673378
I searched it and found nothing. As I thought, you lie.
>>
>>7673389
ok
>>
File: LIPC.jpg (43KB, 702x517px) Image search: [Google]
LIPC.jpg
43KB, 702x517px
>>7673199
>>
>>7673400
thats ancient. it's not a directed lightning weapon. it's unstable and not what OP asks
>>
File: LIPC.jpg (33KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
LIPC.jpg
33KB, 500x284px
>>7673405
Looks pretty directed to me anon. For all intents and purposes it is close enough
>>
>>7673469
any videos of this ? LIPC came out nothing on youtube
>>
>>7673481
LIPC stands for laser induced plasma channel. There is one video of this on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tJF3qBWyUk
>>
>>7673541
but they don't look like cool ass lightning bolts that fork out and spread everywhere.
>>
>>7673293
By what mechanism can a laser ionize air? It's just light, isn't it?
>>
>>7673577
the same way that photons ionize anything..
this is like high school shit
>>
Why is there no video of long range LIPC in action ?
>>
>>7673364
>>7673378
he is right you know. if you are going to make claims the onus is on you to back it up with a posted source. Why should we prove your claims for you especially with all the bullshit posted on 4chan we would be googling all day.

Anyway to the OP why not just use a liquid?
>>
>>7674621
because i don't want my lightning weapon to have the range of a watergun
>>
>>7673199
think about what lightning is. It's current that's caused by a very high voltage. If you would carry device around that could generate such a voltage, it wouldn't only shoot current in the aimed direction, but also in every other direction.
tl;dr: no you cant
>>
>>7674626
the lightning should follow the negatively charged areas around. if you can supply that with a lazer, the lightning can take an approximate path in the lazer direction. Also you would release the electricity only when the lazer is activated so you don't randomly shock yourself
>>
>>7674625
well right now it has the range of a bear thrown by a mouse so you better take my idea.
>>
>>7675213
you are false
see : >>7674631
>>
>>7673577

and a microwave is just a flashlight in a box
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.