[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo /sci/, do I take calculus I in college or skip it with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1431578946188.jpg (15KB, 297x184px) Image search: [Google]
1431578946188.jpg
15KB, 297x184px
Yo /sci/, do I take calculus I in college or skip it with my AB credit?
>>
>>7672002
You should go fuck yourself.
>>
>>7672006
Well memed my friend
>>
File: all_smiles.jpg (8KB, 188x268px) Image search: [Google]
all_smiles.jpg
8KB, 188x268px
>>7672010
>>7672010
quit acting like there is anything to say you dumb faggot. you either know it well enough to skip it or you fucking don't you dumb fuck. why are you asking some random faggots on the internet that don't fucking know you or anything?

fuck off I don't fucking care about your dumb question
>>
>>7672013
>being this mad
lmao
>>
If you didn't take Calc BC in high school, you shouldn't be skipping -any- calculus classes in university, regardless of your AP score.
>>
>>7672026
This is false.
>>
>>7672031
Your life is false.
>>
>>7672031
As some one who tutors kids in math... it's way closers to the truth than it has any right to be
>>
>>7672026
I'm taking BC, rn. It's pretty easy, I just got a perfect score on parametrics/polar shit
>>
I wouldn't skip it
>>
>>7672002
skip
>>
Skip. College math isn't as rigorous as you think. You have like 1/3 the lecture time of a high school class.
>>
>>7672026

The problem with going into Calc 2 is people tend to already know a chuck of the content, fall asleep in the beginning of the semester, and wake up only after the class blazes ahead leaving them way behind. Repeating calc 1 doesn't help in this. In fact, they tend to do even worse the longer they wait until learning new math.

>Preparation for Calculus II
>average grade
a) 3 or higher on BC exam
b) took Calculus I, SAT distribution matches 3+ on BC
c) 3 or higher on AB exam
d) took Calculus I, SAT distribution matches 3+ on AB
e) 3+ on AB exam and took Calculus I
f) dual enrollment credit
g) BC course but no credit for exam, took Calc I
h) AB course but no credit for exam, took Calc I

>https://www.maa.org/external_archive/columns/launchings/launchings_06_09.html
>>
>>7672013
Damn nigga you rustled as fuck
>>
>>7672002
If you got a 3 retake it. If you got a 4 it's up to you. If you got a 5 skip it.
>>
>>7672037
Good job anon
>>
>>7672013

Sounds like someone is a bit anally devastated today.
>>
>>7672036
If you average a 100% on AB and get a 5 without breaking a sweat, you don't need to retake Calc 1 in college.
>>
>>7672002
Skip it. What do you think doing it all over again will do for you? You think they'd somehow go through it in a more advanced manner and teach you secret techniques like Feynman integration or something?

If you're really into that shit just go do real analysis or something.
>>
>>7672002
Skip it. Retaking it won't help you with BC.
But don't assume BC is ANYTHING like AB.
It's on an entirely different level of difficulty.
It's not something you can do very well in without consistent practice. I went into it after breezing through AB with a 5 on the exam, thinking that I would just put it on the back burner. But no, the first midterm was pretty easy, just new methods of integration, The second one, with series and polar/parametric curves fucked me in the ass so hard I almost got aids, because I didn't bother to do any practice at all.
>>
>>7672002
Skip it.
If you are going to take more math than thats the only time to consider taking it again, but even so if you did well enough then there is no point. You will be bored and the calc 2 portion doesnt take much Calc1 skill other than some integration covered in Calc 1. You only need to derive a couple of times in Calc 2 and its not a big deal.
>>
AB only lets you skip the first two, if memory serves.

It's funny. I think Calc III is MUCH harder than Calc II, but people were bullshitting me up until this point that Calc II is as bad as it gets. Triple, spherical integrals to find a volume is not intuitive at all.
>>
Unless you think you'll need the free A, skip it. It'll leave room for a more interesting non-mandatory class later on.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.