[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>discrete mathematics next semester >tfw uncreative retard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1380049286707.jpg (147KB, 633x480px) Image search: [Google]
1380049286707.jpg
147KB, 633x480px
>discrete mathematics next semester
>tfw uncreative retard
How fucked am I?
>>
>>7671819
in general math majors are uncreative, so you're fine
>>
Just read your textbook, ask questions in class, and do lots of practice problems. It really isn't that hard, especially if it's your regular "discrete math 101" class.

It's not that different from calculus. I find it to be more intuitive, actually.
>>
>>7671840
Compared to calculus, how much harder or less difficult is it?

>>7671824
No man, math majors need some imagination, I am devoid of any abstract imagination whatsoever
>>
>>7671819
check the syllabus to see whether or not attendance is graded. If it isn't, and the professor doesn't care if you show up or not, then you are golden, you don't need to worry about anything. If the professor does require you to show up, then, you are going to need to watch Khan Academy on a portable device during the lecture.
>>
>>7671844
>If the professor does require you to show up, then, you are going to need to watch Khan Academy on a portable device during the lecture.
Why's that?
>>
>>7671847
So you can learn the material.
>>
File: Hardest class in CS.png (423KB, 490x684px) Image search: [Google]
Hardest class in CS.png
423KB, 490x684px
>>7671819

If you're smart enough to breath on your own, you can get a perfect score in discrete math.
>>
>>7671842
>Compared to calculus, how much harder or less difficult is it?

I took AP Calc AB in high school. Then in undergrad I aced Calc 1-3, without much difficulty... it wasn't hard, I just practiced my ass off, did all the homework problems (which weren't collected) and then some.

I had some difficulty with discrete math in the beginning because it felt different/foreign initially, and I had lost motivation to properly sit down, read, and practice. I only started to get it once I began reading the textbook carefully, making sure I understood each word of the examples (sometimes I would have to reread things), and did practice problems.

If you, from day 1, start doing these things, it won't be hard, and you'll see it's actually easier than calculus (at least the stuff you see in your first discrete math class).
>>
>>7671856
Thanks mate
I was just thinking there'd be some intuitive things with discrete that I might've been too dumb to get
guess it's down to practice
>>
>he thinks he needs creativity to do middle school math

retard
>>
>>7671819
It's really not that bad. When I took the course about half of the material was computation based and the other half proof based (as far as assignments and exams are concerned). The computations are largely just tricky counting problems and you can study for them just as you would anything you've seen this far. As far as proofs go, read your text book carefully, and make sure you understand every definition in the book. I cannot stress that second part enough. Most all of the theorems you will have to prove can be done simply by being able to recall a definition, unpack what it means, and then use a little off the shelf algebra and/or logic to get to the end. Also, you would be doing yourself a huge favor by becoming comfortable with basic formal logic over Christmas break if you aren't already
>>
>>7671819
>not starting chapter 1 right now and finishing the book before the semester starts

pleb.exe
>>
>>7671819
Not, discrete math is actually kinda easy. I was surprised when I took it.

I was expecting much more than it was.
>>
>>7671819
If you think discrete maths needs a lot of creativity wait until you take topology.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.