[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here, /sci/ I've identified a problem and I want to know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

Here, /sci/ I've identified a problem and I want to know your thoughts. There is a lot of original research in it, though, so bare with me and ask questions as I go along if you need to.

Continued in the next post.
>>
>>7671594
>Continued in the next post.
Why.
>>
File: daber.jpg (48KB, 640x370px) Image search: [Google]
daber.jpg
48KB, 640x370px
That picture is ridiculous. The orthodox Jews condemn the Zionist government that is currently in place in Israel at the moment.
>>
File: Rule110Big.jpg (39KB, 265x266px) Image search: [Google]
Rule110Big.jpg
39KB, 265x266px
>>7671594
First of all, I'll identify the roots of the problem.

Rule 110 (pictured) is an elementary cellular automaton that was conjectured by Stephen Wolfram to be Turing-complete, and later proven to be complete by his assistant Matthew Cook. In Wolfram's own classification of cellular automata, it is a Class 4 rule.
Cook showed it was able to simulate another Turing-complete program, a cyclic tag system.

Rule 110 is called such because it's rule:

[math]\begin{matrix}
111 & 110 & 101 & 100 & 011 & 010 & 001 & 000\\
0 & 1 & 1 & 0 & 1 & 1 & 1 & 0
\end{matrix}[/math]

Can be simplified into the binary string

Which is equivalent to 110 in Base 10.

This will be important in the next post
>>
>>7671602
To keep it bumped and garner some interest.
>>7671604
It's the only picture I had on hand. I do agree though.
>>7671606
Continued here. This is officially original research after this.

Let's split up the rule to cases where the center cell, which we will call c, is 1, and where it is 0. I'll format these tables a bit differently than above.

For c = 1:

[math]
\begin{vmatrix}
00\\
01\\
10\\
\end{vmatrix}\left.\begin{matrix}
1\\
1\\
1\\
\end{matrix}\right|
[/math]

For c=0:

[math]
\begin{vmatrix}
00\\
01\\
10\\
0\\
1\\
0\\
\end{matrix}\right|
[/math]

We find that for c = 1, it is equivalent to a NAND operator, and for c = 0, it is equivalent to the truth table of q (the right side).

Now we know that NAND is a functionally equivalent operator, meaning using only NAND gates we can construct all other Boolean truth tables within the system.

Now it is easy to think that this is related to it's Turing-completeness. So let's test that.
>>
>>7671604
>The orthodox Jews

Some orthodox Jews condemn Zionism and other's don't...
>>
>>7671619
There is only one other binary Boolean operator that is functionally complete, the NOR gate. So let's construct a copy of Rule 110, but replace NAND with NOR.

For c=1:

[math]
\begin{vmatrix}
00\\
01\\
10\\
1\\
0\\
0\\
\end{matrix}\right|
[/math]

For c = 0:

[math]
\begin{vmatrix}
00\\
01\\
10\\
0\\
1\\
0\\
\end{matrix}\right|
[/math]

Let's translate this back into a rule:

[math]
\begin{matrix}
111 & 110 & 101 & 100 & 011 & 010 & 001 & 000\\
0 & 0 & 1 & 0 & 0 & 1 & 1 & 0
\end{matrix}
[/math]

00100110 in decimal is 38. Let's look at Rule 38 on Wolfram|Alpha...
>>
File: nnn.png (30KB, 361x183px) Image search: [Google]
nnn.png
30KB, 361x183px
>>7671630
...Oops. It's a class 2 rule that doesn't seem to be Turing-complete. So let's take the scenarios here:

1. Rule 110's Turing-completeness is completely unrelated to the fact it encodes a functionally-complete Boolean operator.

2. Rule 38 is Turing-complete, and Wolfram's classifications aren't as useful as breaking rules up into their Boolean constituents.

So /sci/. What do you think is more likely?
>>
>>7671635
No one has any idea what you're talking about, sorry.
>>
>>7671604
YES GOYIM
JEWS ARE GOOD
>>
>>7671604
LOL that's what you think makes the pic ridiculous?

Anyway, only a small fringe group of orthodox campaign against Israel like in your pic.

baka desu senpai
>>
>>7671635
Sorry anon but I'm familiar with rule 110 only to the extent that it can be used to prove a language is Turing complete.
>>
>>7671635
A Turing complete rule can encode a non-Turing complete rule, there's no reason for this not to be the case. Rule 38 is not Turing complete. Also, replacing a rule with a similar but fundamentally different rule and getting a different result should be unsurprising
>>
>>7671635
Propositional logic isn't Turing complete, so I don't see how encoding NAND/NOR has anything to do with it.

Also, has /sci/ finally gotten support for matrices? I've been away for too long.

[eqn]\begin{pmatrix} s & m & h \\ t & b & h \\ f & a & m\end{pmatrix}[/eqn]
>>
>
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.