[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i got gifted one of these badboys (was still in original packaging

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (12KB, 291x173px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 291x173px
So i got gifted one of these badboys (was still in original packaging with book)

I'd really like to learn more about math, as silly as it seems would pairing this up with kerbal space program be a great way to learn physics and shit?

This has some form of ti-basic, i figure i can eventually learn how to properly launch a shuttle, and write a program to help me with that. (i do development for a living i'm not scared of learning basic)

I just feel when it comes to math i'm a bit retarded, and wouldn't know where to start.

I'd like to know more about physics so i can run some calculations, and have a good idea of what my shuttle is about to do. Rather than "one booster? no? fuck what about two?"

Kerbal physics isn't perfect, but i would have to worry about fuel consumption/force required in orbit vs launch.

what do?
>>
u should read a book
>>
>>7668653
i cant into math

whats a basic physics book, that would help me learn enough basic physics to learn about pushing a shuttle into space

i know i need to read a book
no idea what book
>>
>>7668656
feynman lectures
>>
>>7668650
Kerbal physics are very simplified, so you don't necessarily need any knowledge of calculus or differential equations to tackle calculations in Kerbal. Regardless, Kerbal is still a very handy tool when it comes to learning orbital mechanics and making it seem intuitive.

How about learning calculus and then diving into a physics or orbital mechanics textbook? There are textbook recommendations in the wiki. My only recommendation is Classical Mechanics by Taylor.
>>
>>7668663
picked up a calc book at a local book fair thing for 50 cents

ill start reading that and give your book a read, thanks for the bit of help guys
>>
>>7668650
Install Doom on it.
>>
>>7668675
don't i need the 92+ chip for that?
i have the bare model (but have the socket for the upgrade)
>>
>>7668677
I'm not too sure. But this one was done on a TI Nspire.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsN2JIRGHAo
>>
possible to use one of those for technical Thermodynamics or for mechanics?
>>
>>7668650
Woah, nice gameboy
>>
>>7668650
well yeah this calculator will help you that's for sure
with your interests you could definitely become really good at launching rockets
keep working at it until it hurts
that's what I do and I get great results
>>
File: BE CONFIDENT.jpg (150KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
BE CONFIDENT.jpg
150KB, 612x792px
>>7668650
>i
>>
>>7668672
Read Feynman's lectures on physics. They are all available for free online and an extremely good beginners resource. Feynman explains everything that he does in them and ensures that you understand the key concepts of it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.