[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sci/ thoughts on distilled, deionised, demineralised water

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 3424232.jpg (427KB, 1500x1052px) Image search: [Google]
3424232.jpg
427KB, 1500x1052px
/sci/ thoughts on distilled, deionised, demineralised water and milli-Q/Qpod?
>>
>>7668538
its just water you autist. look up the fucking information yourself you lazy faggot
>>
>>7668538
I'm thinking OP is a retarded health-nut.
>>
>>7668734
>Not being concerned for your health
I bet you get angry when other people don't have the same low standards as you, and refuse to eat garbage.
>>
>>7668538
But why
>>
>>7668538
Necessary for experiments. Useless for drinking if that is your question.
>>
>>7668538
I've heard it tastes weird.
>>
File: 1447938139170.jpg (178KB, 716x937px) Image search: [Google]
1447938139170.jpg
178KB, 716x937px
>>7669217

>gritty sediments and heavy metals completely absent
>useless for drinking
>>
>>7668538
Have you ever drank deionized water? I'm guessing you haven't, because it makes you feel like shit. Drinking water absent of all the ions and minerals common in tap/river water causes a fairly large concentration gradient (hypotonic "solution") with your body's cells. You'll get a terrible headache and stomach pain. It does more harm than good.
>>
>>7670262
>You'll get a terrible headache and stomach pain.
Second. The people at a lab I used to work at hated the taste of the tap water so they installed a distilled water tap in the break room. They all seemed to like it but it just gave me the shits any time I tried it.
>>
I drink pi water and i have to say, i am much more happy with all these up quarks in my body.
>>
>>7670249
lol wtf

google search that image
>>
>>7670262
>it makes you feel like shit.
>You'll get a terrible headache
>and stomach pain.

It tastes great. It doesn't make me double up in agony. River water may be all minerally but rainwater is similar.

What does the rest of your diet consist of, deionized glucose tablets? Veggies and meat are supposed to have tons of vital minerals in them. Are you seriously suggesting that water contains more minerals than solid food?
>>
You can't drink distilled water, or you get sick. Even a 5 year old knows this.

Distilled water is for technical purposes where you need water but can't have to ions. A car battery for example needs distilled water to operate.
>>
>>7670632

what sickness?

Ive only heard that the lack of minerals kills you slowly.
>>
>distill water
>add minerals to distilled water
profit
>>
>>7670674
Mate, having pure water means they,like be a negative concentration gradient in the liquid surrounding your cells. You're going to lose minerals and ions from the cells as they move to the low concentration distilled water. It literally sucks nutrients out of your body.
>>
>>7670249
Well, I don't live in a third-world country. The tap water quality in my country is actually pretty high.
>>
>>7670765
Maybe if you drink only pure water and drink and eat nothing else all day. But pure water is not that bad. If you drink it while eating I can ensure you that nothing bad will happen.
>>
Very good. I actually cant tell if you anons are trolling or serious !! The de-ionised/de-mineralised water hydrates (of course), and serves to slightly dilute the overall mineral load. Remember we are 90% water, you cant physically drink enough of it to be noticable.
>>
>>7668538
It's very important for some chemical and biochemical applications, since it conveniently avoids most forms of contamination that could interfere with your experiment. They're expensive, but necessary.

I certainly wouldn't drink them; it'd be a waste of good ultrapure water. If I was, going to drink expensive water of unusual purity, I'd go for unusually impure water instead and drink champagne.
>>
some labs still use distilled
>>
>>7671460
Best answer
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.