[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you get a problem wrong on an exam because of some elementary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: 1444368267770.gif (2MB, 200x133px) Image search: [Google]
1444368267770.gif
2MB, 200x133px
>tfw you get a problem wrong on an exam because of some elementary math error
Is there a worse feeling?
>>
>>7667887
Knowing you're in way over your head but you have to keep going to the class to keep up pretenses and it feels like you're drowning but you don't know what you can do about it.
>>
>>7667887
>making elementary math errors

No I do not know this feel
>>
Knowing that you will live for only five years is a pretty negative feeling.
>>
>>7667887

If we make elementary errors, and the problem was still solved correctly in principle, it's full marks.
>>
>>7667901
You got diagnosed with something?
>>
File: suicide.png (47KB, 463x748px) Image search: [Google]
suicide.png
47KB, 463x748px
>>7667887
>calc II exam
>caluclate arc length of this blah blah
>lol this easy af f@m
>use
[math]\int_a^b \! \sqrt{ 1-(\frac{dy}{dx})^2} \, \mathrm{d}x[/math]

instead of

[math]\int_a^b \! \sqrt{ 1+(\frac{dy}{dx})^2} \, \mathrm{d}x[/math]

>miss entire problem
>>
>>7667909
Oh no, but sometimes I think about dying without doing anything ground breaking. Be grateful that you're alive and healthy.
>>
>>7667928
Why do you think you'll only live five years?
>>
>>7667928
Just saw a presentation on RNAi therapies for Huntington's disease. Imagine getting diagnosed in your 40s or so, after having kids, that you have a genetic disorder where you ultimately get paralyzed and die and that your children will most likely live through the same thing. Live to the fullest while you can I guess.
>>
>>7667938
Shit, you mean hypothetically. I answered earnestly. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
>>
>>7667935
I don't, I just think about if I suddenly got a deadly illness and didnt do all the things I pictured myself doing. Pretty counter-intuitive though.
>>
>>7667914
This is why they shouldn't just teach you plug and chug formulas. If they are going to teach you how to calculate arc length, they should teach the differential geometry behind it.
>>
>>7667887
>Be doing some generic 1st year undergrad math unit
>Get into the lecture a bit late, whatever
>Oh shit there's actually a test on today
>I haven't been keeping up over the last few weeks
>Look at the paper, I know nothing about most of the questions

It was the only test I ever failed and it felt awful. That's what I get for being lazy.
>>
>>7667914
>calc 2 test
>improper integrals and sequences, whatever easy
>feeling really good about test when I'm done, double check all my work
>turn in, walk out to car
>realize on first problem I simplified the integrand, but never actually integrated it

God fucking dammit
>>
File: 1445820053036.jpg (18KB, 540x512px) Image search: [Google]
1445820053036.jpg
18KB, 540x512px
>electromagnetic radiation
>trying to find kilo joules per Mol. >Start with joules per photon.
>get answer
>wrong
>kept typing in 3.46×10^7 instead of 3.46×10^-7
The fuck is wrong with me. These stupid errors are becoming more and more of a common occurrance
>>
>>7667914
>Using Leibniz notation on the arc length formula

ewwwwww
>>
Yes. Flat-out skipped an entire question on a four question exam. Some of the pages must have stuck together because I had no recollection of ever seeing it when I got it back. Got all the other questions perfectly, probably would have been my first 100% in uni if it wasn't for that.
>>
>>7668534
>implying
>>
One time in Cal I I got an answer of 16/1 and I wrote 1 next to it and circled it (how I designated my final answers)
She marked it wrong even though the correct answer was right next to it in the same size but not circled. I learned to just never circle my answers ever again.
>>
>>7667887
I know that feel

I forgot 1-3=-2

rushed through the problem and ended with a component in my vector that was 1+3=4 so I got -3 for the question on my test

>>7667914
bro I did that exact shit on my cal II final.
>>
I've failed tests because I copied fractions upside down from one line to the next on one problem and then dropped/added signs on another.
>>
>>7667914
>>7667971
>>7668060
>>7668534
>>7670057
Haven't had my final yet, will make sure to look out for this mistake.
>>
>>7667887
Yes.
>>
>>7667914
>If the slope is too big the arc length is imaginary
Yeah, you're retarded and deserved it.
>>
>>7668060
When I took calc 2 last semester we did improper integrals section with the other integrating sections, why did you guys wait all the way until sequences to be tested on it?
>>
>>7667914
Mfw
>>
File: Harold_Copping_-_The_Dunce.jpg (706KB, 1885x1427px) Image search: [Google]
Harold_Copping_-_The_Dunce.jpg
706KB, 1885x1427px
Knowing you were made wrong and are too stupid to ever do anything worthwhile.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.