[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if mankind will never discover the secret of the universe's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 4521.png (808KB, 1021x545px) Image search: [Google]
4521.png
808KB, 1021x545px
What if mankind will never discover the secret of the universe's creation because it is just so abstract and complicated that even trying to think about it exceeds the human brain's hard limits, like a dog trying to think of why the sun rises in the east?
>>
>implying you know why the sun rises in the east
>>
it wasn't created. it was always there.
now go back to bed
>>
>>7666839
dogs can't write books. people can.
>>
Don't really care how the universe was made. What's more important is what we can do with the universe. We're gonna make it our bitch if we can.
>>
Everything is abstract. That's why we use models to gain a nice approximation of what things are like. That dog probably has his own model for why the sun rises in the east, if only 'because the BARK first dog was born in the east BARK'
>>
>>7666839
>babby's first realization
Isn't that quite obvious though? You can't figure this shit out with monkey brain, my friend. Be comforted by the potential we have, for it is the best we can achieve. Nothing else matters.
>>
what if we finally do discover "the" secret of the universe and it ends up being something so stupidly simple it's discarded

>behold, i have derived loop quantum gravity as a generalized form of stokes' theorem

assuming we do finally complete the standard model and find a grand unifying theory or a theory of everything, what do we do with it then?
>>
>>7666905
We'll figure it's wrong in some way sooner or later anyway.
>>
>>7666839

I bet we never find out. The odds are clearly against it. The breakdown in physics as you get closer to "the event" is a strong indicator that you will only get so far. And we only have a few centuries to figure out anything on the cosmological scale before Humanity devolves back to a pastoral existence, post-fossil fuels. That's less than an eyeblink in the progression of the expansion of the universe. Causally speaking, due to the expansion speed itself, we're disconnected from about 99.5% of the visible universe by volume; past 14 billion lightyears, the speed of the expansion reaches the lightspeed. We CAN'T reach anything that's farther than that away. It's impossible.
>>
>>7667196
shut the fuck up faggot. we aren't going to run out of fossil fuels. ever.

we can make the stuff if push came to shove. take a basic internal combustion class before you run your ignorant mouth about how we extract energy from hydrocarbons.
>>
>>7667196
What if we fold space in half like a paper and traverse distances that way? Did you consider that, RedCream?
>>
>>7666839
It's very possible the real nature of the universe transcends, or is apart from, our faculty for thought. Though we tend to use language to bail ourselves out of those limits to an extent. But there are limits. I mind cannot think something it cannot even think about thinking, much less conceptualize what it would be to think it.
>>
>>7667203
That wasn't even close to the point. Humanity WILL eventually cease to exist. Whether we evolve into something else entirely, or (much more likely) go extinct through natural disaster or purposeful annihilation, we likely aren't going to be around long enough to work everything out. Get your anti-conspiracy paranoia under control.
>>
>>7667196
>"I don't know therefore no-one else will ever know!"
The ego of /sci/ everyone.
>>
>>7667203
Can't tell if retarded or pretending...
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.